PDA

View Full Version : Questions

So-CalVX
10/14/2007, 06:56 PM
Been meaning to ask a couple questions on here but can never think of them while on. But as I was reading a forum about the TOD I remembered a few.

I rarelly get more than 250-260 miles out of a tank. been wondering how to improve mileage and how others are doing on this topic.
also been curious of the fastest most of us VXer's have been. I have been up to, i believe it was, 90 or 95
and i have noticed when cruisin on the 101 I'm rolling 80 MPH at 3000 RPM. is that normal?
I'll add more questions when i think of them... thanks for any help on these.

etlsport
10/14/2007, 07:17 PM
3k is about normal for me on the highway... ive had my vx to just over the century mark... my typ tank of gas gets me 250-300 miles.. when that happens.. i just fill it up again.. sucks but oh well... things you can do to improve... make sure you dont have any extra cargo.. if you dont use the rear seat, remove it.. take your roof rack off.. make sure your transmission and differentials are in good working order (flushes every 30k).. keep your fuel system clean... keep your tires properly inflated.. still not gonna help much but it might get you up to 16-17mpg

JGeorge264
10/14/2007, 07:22 PM
My fuel light comes on at about 320 miles. I think mine is doing great considering the majority of my miles are freeway rush hour (hour to hour and half for 25 mile commute.) My oil consumption however sucks, , bout 2 quarts in between each change of 3000 miles.