PDA

View Full Version : muffler solution

blacksambo
10/10/2007, 08:08 PM
Hi Gang,

Need a muffler solution for our black '99. The dealer says 6 to 8 weeks for a OEM replacement muffler from Japan. Is there any other bolt on solution? We're not looking for any performance upgrade, just tolerable sound level. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thank you.

djkymar
10/10/2007, 09:24 PM
There is hole lot of aftermarket mufflers around. You can get pretty good muffler for under 100$. Its all depends on how loud you want it. You need to look for 2.25" inlet and same size out.

blacksambo
10/11/2007, 05:27 AM
Hi,

Can you reccommend a specific brand of muffler that will actually bolt on, or do they all require some modification to get them to fit proerly?
Thx

tomdietrying
10/11/2007, 06:18 AM
Flowmaster Muffler.....it has a nice tone with a growl. I've received alot of compliments on mine.
Peace.
Tom

blacksambo
10/11/2007, 08:58 AM
Flowmaster Muffler.....it has a nice tone with a growl. I've received alot of compliments on mine.
Peace.
Tom

Tom,

Did your Flowmaster Muffler just bolt on or was some manuvering involved? Also, what did it cost and where did you purchase it?
Many Thx

tomdietrying
10/11/2007, 07:50 PM
I went to a local Ken's Muffler Shop. I think with parts and labor I got out under $135.

I'm not sure about how it is mounted, but the muffler shop seemed like it was an everyday job....not a big deal.

Peace.
Tom

dave3702
10/19/2007, 06:12 AM
I went to a local Ken's Muffler Shop. I think with parts and labor I got out under $135.

I'm not sure about how it is mounted, but the muffler shop seemed like it was an everyday job....not a big deal.

Peace.
Tom

Do you know the Flowmaster part number? I'm now in need of a replacement muffler.