PDA

View Full Version : ScangaugeII UPDATE

djkymar
10/10/2007, 06:50 AM
I was recently looking at scangauge website and found out that they have update for our scangaugeII it will cost 25$ with shipping including. Does anyone from here have it already updated one? Im just curious if the new gauges like tranny temp and other work right on VX.

thedutchguy
10/10/2007, 09:00 AM
they stamp a date on it the day it is shipped!;Dy;;Dy;;Dy;

JHarris1385
10/10/2007, 10:11 AM
What?

etlsport
10/10/2007, 12:12 PM
i saw that too, had planned on calling them because their website wasnt very informative, from what i could see it looked like it might be a software upgrade.. ill look into it and report back what i find... cause i want!

just double checked... looks like you have to send it in:( oh well ill be doing it today or tomorrow, but they say it could take up to 4 weeks!

djkymar
10/10/2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah you have to send it to them and they will update it and send it to you back. I would find out first what exactly they are updating like what new gauges and on what cars they will work.

etlsport
10/10/2007, 09:31 PM
it doesnt look like there are any actual new gauges being added, just the ability to add your own gauges based on your car, it sounds like transmission temp is one of the sensors that could be added, also horsepower... also you are able to use trip functions as a gauges (ie max speed or avg fuel economy) as a gauge instead of having to go to the trip menu to find those things... doesnt sound all that amazing, but ill be sending mine in to see what i can do with it... they say it could take up to 4 weeks to get it back!! craziness but oh well im curious so ill be sending it in tomorrow and ill report back for anyone who doesnt want to spend the money without a preview

djkymar
10/11/2007, 06:59 AM
yeah 4 weeks is pretty long time. Cant wait fot your report Etl.

djkymar
10/11/2007, 07:47 PM
a couple days ago my friend order new scangauge so it should come tomorrow or next monday so im gonna check if the new ones already updated or not and if so ill see what new with them and wright back

Tone
10/11/2007, 08:43 PM
There are only about 8 possible additions assuming Isuzu followed some of GM's code - see http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf
I just got a new one in yesterday and although I haven't tried it on a VX, the ML does not return any additional information. Lots of letters and numbers to enter to attempt these additions but luckily it won't trash the gauge or the ECU.

The round 'Interceptor' Scan Gauge would read tranny temp on a GM that already monitored that function but had no way to display it. This one can be modded to monitor whatever value you wish but you have to add the actual sensor and the gauge will need to be modified by the manufacturer.

etlsport
10/19/2007, 03:54 PM
got my scangauge back today.. reprogrammed.. will be adding all of the GM gauges to see what works... hopefully all of them.. will report back.. probably with photos

etlsport
10/19/2007, 05:31 PM
ok so heres the report..

didnt try to program all the gauges yet.. they take awhile.. took me like 15 minutes to program like 5 gauges... but heres what i did and what i think

Horsepower - pretty cool.. didnt think it was working right at first because at idle it was like 9.5.. but then when i got on the gas it rose... highest it read was 213 but i think i can get it a little higher under heavy accel

Torque - didnt work :(

Auto Trans Fluid Temp - didnt work :(

Air Fuel Ratio - think its working.. stayed stuck at 14.7 at all times except once during heavy accel it dropped to 12.0 then went right back up to 14.7

Cost per mile - didnt have the guts to try it.. i didnt want to know how much driving costs me lol, but that one came pre-programmed so i assume it works once you program it

Elapsed time since Engine Start - worked fine.. counted in 2 second increments... booooooring.. might be good for making sure you warm up the engine long enough though

other gauges that it says it reads are.. Knock Retard, Barometer, and Remaining Oil Life

probably worth the $25... probably not worth the estimated 4 week wait if you send it in now though

cyronman
10/19/2007, 07:12 PM
Interesting...

So if you order a new one now all of these upgrades are included, right?

SkidPlate
10/19/2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the report. I am still on the fence for this upgrade.

I love the ScanGuage II. I also use it my Z3, I wonder what advantages the upgrade may bring there.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/521/medium/IMG_4586s.JPG

etlsport
10/19/2007, 08:39 PM
yup