PDA

View Full Version : 99 2000 2001 advantages?

victor
09/27/2007, 01:14 PM
was anything tweeked is a 2001 better than a 1999?

etlsport
09/27/2007, 01:25 PM
99 vehicrosses have 16" wheels and manual a/c controls 2000 and 2001 have 18" wheels and automatic a/c controls... there are rumors of an engine flaw in the 99's that caused a few of them to seize at low mileage... some say that it was fixed in 2001... but nobody has any real proof of either of these claims (there are VXs that have had the engine seize... but they arent all 99's)

Ascinder
09/27/2007, 04:12 PM
The only real advantaged Vehicross made was number 1471 which was a '99 Ironman, man that thing is cool :p . All joking aside, The 99' would have a little better offroad-ability due to the previously mentioned smaller rims(less roatating mass, and better airing down), but it's pretty negligible. The 2001's are obviously newer, but then again you may pay more. There was also rumor that the 2000 and 2001 may have had the newer piston rings installed that allegedly helped correct the persistent oil burning problem. On the other hand I have a 99 which doesn't burn oil at 107K and there are folks here with 2001s that burn at half that number so go figure. The best Vehicross all in all is going to be the well maintained one. I would say that having no mechanical issues easily trumps any advantage any of them ever had. The Ironman editions did come with the rare factory roof rack which is something some people desire. They also say Ironman on the hood insert and have some stickers saying it elsewhere. Ironman is also imprinted into the headrests on the front seats. I don't know if I'd call it an advantage, but some people want the "special edition".

geshaw30
09/27/2007, 05:40 PM
Hey Victor- is the pizza place "Two Guys From Italy" still open on the main drag in East Greenwich?

signed- George
(A Wickford transplant here in TX).

Now to answer your question- Simply put, take the best conditioned VX you can find and don't worry about the year.