PDA

View Full Version : my turn to ask about wheels....

etlsport
09/24/2007, 05:48 PM
ive got a potential very good deal on a set of 15" toyota wheels (from a tacoma, not sure of the year) with 31x10.5" tires... mostly im nervous about the 15" rim clearing all the goodies in the VX wheels, i dont think ive seen a vx with a 15" rim... any input?

i figure ill need to do some light trimming and light t-bar cranking to get em under there but i dont mind that since they will be specifically offroad wheels/tires

Ldub
09/24/2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Joe Black...

All good info above, especially the center bore. I've got a set of 15" wheels from a Nissan Frontier that are currently shod with Yokohama 30X9.50 Geolandar MT+ tires. The only issue I had was clearance of the upper A-arm, which removed about 1mm of material from the inner portion of the rim. Caliper clearance is tight, so just be sure to test fit before you commit. Nissan truck wheels are a good choice though, as there is a variety of styles and you can find them in quantity at just about any used wheel shop. I got mine from eBay as a "removed-new" set complete with center caps and hardware for less than $200 delivered.

Do a forums search on " 15" wheels " for more... ;)

cyronman
09/24/2007, 06:20 PM
I believe VXCrazy has 15's.

ZEUS
09/24/2007, 06:34 PM
Todd Adams runs the 15x7 Amigo rims on his. I contemplated getting wheeling rims too. I asked him a year ago what mods he needed to do to fit them. Here is what he told me:

"...Anyway the Amigo rims fit just fine with no mods outside of getting larger tires to fit. I am running the BFG AT KO's 10.5 X 33."

JHarris1385
09/24/2007, 06:51 PM
Your fine. If anything you would need to shave a mm or 2 off the A arm. There are a number of owners that have a 15'' black rock wall steel rim. Names that come to mind and galleries to search would be I think Tone's with the TSL sand/street tires, and Jofotoz.

EDIT: Oh and there is someone with an IronMan with bronze Tacoma wheels.

etlsport
09/25/2007, 07:52 AM
went to take a loot at em today... guy didnt tell me the tires weren't the same type/tread and werent worn the same either.. so the search continues...

etlsport
09/26/2007, 07:53 PM
so lets see if i've got this figured out...

stock vx wheels are 18x7 with 38mm (1.5") offset... that means the wheels stick out 1.5" past the hub, and protrude 5.5" into the wheel well

if i were to get steel wheels that are 15x8 with 5" backspacing.. the wheels will stick out 3" past the hub and 5" into the wheel well...

got offered 4 steel wheels for 60 bucks...

tom4bren
09/27/2007, 08:34 AM
I'm going to assume that I'm the one person you don't want input from on this one. Heh Heh Heh!!!