PDA

View Full Version : New Tires

HotFlyer
09/23/2007, 04:48 AM
Hello to All,

It's time again for new tires. I am currently running Kumho 255/55/18 tires. I've been thinking about replacing them with Yokohama Geolanders H/T-S G052 or Michelin Latitude Tour HP in 255/55HR18 or 265/60HR18. I have Rancho 9000 shocks set on #3. I do 90% of my driving on the street. I am looking for an all weather tire. Any pros or cons? I would appreciate any help in making this decision.

Thanks,
Howard(0761)

johnnyapollo
09/23/2007, 05:46 AM
I replaced my Pirelli Scorpions with the same Kumho's you're running and am very happy with them. I very rarely go off road (an occasional sprint across the median when there's a traffic lock-up) and rarely get much bad weather beyond heavy rains. You're going up a bit in cost going to the Yokos or Miches - I'm not sure if there is much of a performance gain plus if you're running V-rated Kumhos, you may be losing out on some sidewall thickness - the Yokos do look BaddA$$ though.

-- John

HotFlyer
09/23/2007, 07:43 AM
Thanks John for your input.

I was looking for more of an all weather tire. Here in Philly, We generally don't get heavy snows(There are exceptions). The Kumho,s gave very little snow traction. Their dry traction, braking, and handling were excelent. They did tend to follow groves in the road.

What do you think about the size difference? I was thinking a taller sidewall might give a better ride.

Howard(0761)