PDA

View Full Version : Great Wall Hover

JHarris1385
09/20/2007, 12:20 PM
Never heard of the company and never heard of the CUV they call it.

I came across it on the Axiom wiki page. I am trying to convience my mom not to get her third escape but to get an Axiom. But of course consumer reports has 0 info on it.

Here is the website.
http://www.gwm.cn/eng/html/product/hover_intro.asp

And here is the part from wiki.

Design and engineering
One of the reasons for the in comparison low retail price of the Great Wall Hover is that it is based heavily on older models by other manufactures. The entry-level motor is supplied by Mitsubishi, the exterior is based on a '99 Isuzu Axiom and the chassis from a Toyota 4Runner. The Hover has wheelbase of 2700 mm and 1520 mm wheel track. As the Hover is a Crossover Utility Vehicle, it features 4-wheel drive (4WD), however it can be switched to standard 2-wheel drive.

ZEUS
09/20/2007, 01:47 PM
That is strange. Did you see the CUV limo? What a weird company. Parts hunting must be fun.

creeg
09/20/2007, 02:08 PM
why would you want to get one of these in the US? Are they even LEGAL here? Or would you have to install a catalytic converter to make it pass smog? Does the paint have unsafe lead in it? what insurance company would insure this? I have a feeling they havent done any crash testing in the U.S.

They dont strike me as all that exciting. Looks like a toned down Axiom. and the Axiom is not that sexy to begin with (but thats just my opinion).

but I love the name "Socool" Ha!

MZ-N10
09/20/2007, 02:41 PM
for a second i thought it had an evolution motor....lol

JHarris1385
09/20/2007, 05:56 PM
why would you want to get one of these in the US? Are they even LEGAL here? Or would you have to install a catalytic converter to make it pass smog? Does the paint have unsafe lead in it? what insurance company would insure this? I have a feeling they havent done any crash testing in the U.S.

They dont strike me as all that exciting. Looks like a toned down Axiom. and the Axiom is not that sexy to begin with (but thats just my opinion).

but I love the name "Socool" Ha!

I never said I wanted one. I just thought it was interesting. I do however want my mother to get an axiom.

WyrreJ
09/20/2007, 06:41 PM
I came across it on the Axiom wiki page. I am trying to convience my mom not to get her third escape but to get an Axiom. But of course consumer reports has 0 info on it.

Even if they have nothing on the axiom, surely they have info on the escape, and I'm guessing it isn't very flattering.

creeg
09/20/2007, 10:45 PM
I never said I wanted one. I just thought it was interesting. I do however want my mother to get an axiom.

Ah- sorry about that- I should have read your post a bit better. :)

JHarris1385
09/21/2007, 06:44 AM
Even if they have nothing on the axiom, surely they have info on the escape, and I'm guessing it isn't very flattering.

Actually the escape gets a good report. They are not that bad really. My rents have had 4 between them in the last 5 years.