PDA

View Full Version : +*+ It's Fall In Colorado +*+

biju
09/19/2007, 04:38 PM
yesterday eve, right before work ended for the day - out of the blue i decided to shoot my team an email and let them know their 'goto' guy for the last INTENSE two months is going to take a day off... enjoy fall in the mountains, and time with his beloved vx. it's been too long. it's been a rough past two months...

this was really, really nice. necessary in every way. the day was perfect.

http://www.bijulab.com/images/VX_INFO/COLORS2007_01.JPG

http://www.bijulab.com/images/VX_INFO/COLORS2007_02.JPG

http://www.bijulab.com/images/VX_INFO/COLORS2007_03.JPG

http://www.bijulab.com/images/VX_INFO/COLORS2007_04.JPG

http://www.bijulab.com/images/VX_INFO/COLORS2007_05.JPG

http://www.bijulab.com/images/VX_INFO/COLORS2007_06.JPG

http://www.bijulab.com/images/VX_INFO/COLORS2007_07.JPG

happy to share. take care all...

-biju.

etlsport
09/19/2007, 04:46 PM
fall indeed.... ok i just decided right now.. time to add to the colorado VX population... i wish... seriously dude.. green with envy! beautiful scenery and vehicle!

btw.. is ur vx lifted?

cyronman
09/19/2007, 04:49 PM
Awesome. Great Pics. Reminds me a little of Washington...compared to Cali.

Your Proton is almost camouflaged, dude.

Ldub
09/19/2007, 05:24 PM
Good job Brother Beej ! :cool:

No color VX looks better amongst the fall foliage than a Proton, & your clean ma-cheen in particular.

And don't take work so seriously...none of this is gonna matter in a hundred years or so. ;)

tomdietrying
09/19/2007, 05:42 PM
Beej,
What ya trying to do.....get your picture in next year's calender? Man, those are some sweet pics!
Peace.
Tom

VX crazy
09/19/2007, 05:46 PM
Looks like it should be in a brochure or poster or something! I can stare and dream.........ahhhh to have seasons....

Glad you did it, its good for your soul

ZEUS
09/19/2007, 07:26 PM
Awesome, biju. I wish I could get out and enjoy the scenery. Soon... soon... now back to work right... sigh.

Triathlete
09/19/2007, 09:47 PM
Bij, tell the truth. Your VX is to clean to have "wheeled". You can tell everyone about how you had the VX Heli-lifted into the mountains for the photo shoot!

Sweet pics!
Its still summer here. But the temps are ONLY getting up into the 90's now!

fuzzy
09/20/2007, 06:34 AM
Biju,

Where is this at? I need to go find me some turning aspens beyond the Front Range. Of course, then there is the Chile & Frijoles Festival in Pueblo this weekend. Sigh. Too many choices...

biju
09/20/2007, 07:28 AM
btw.. is ur vx lifted?
Yup. OME 912.

Your Proton is almost camouflaged, dude.
I honestly didn’t notice that until I got home and worked on the photo’s. I agree.

And don't take work so seriously...none of this is gonna matter in a hundred years or so.
Tell that to my spendy spendy ways… the vx would be sorely unhappy if she couldn’t eat up my cash as she does… ha.

Glad you did it, its good for your soul
I agree. It felt good. Wish it was longer…

Awesome, biju. I wish I could get out and enjoy the scenery. Soon... soon... now back to work right... sigh.
Stick with it. It’ll be over soon, and you’ll be proud of your accomplishment I’m sure…

Bij, tell the truth. Your VX is to clean to have "wheeled". You can tell everyone about how you had the VX Heli-lifted into the mountains for the photo shoot!
It’s cheaper than you’d think! Very affordable…

Where is this at?
Hwy 72 near Indian Peaks Wilderness. I ended up doing Coney Creek trail, just west of Camp Dick (no snickering, Ldub!).

-beej.

nfpgasmask
09/20/2007, 07:39 AM
Gorgeous pics man! We got some rain last night and its only in the low 60s here!!

w00t!!

Bart

MSHardeman
09/20/2007, 08:07 AM
biju,

What's up!? You know you should have called a couple of your VX brothers and sisters to see if we could make it too. I totally understand wanting to commune with nature by yourself, though.

The colors are changing fast here in Colorado. I was up in Telluride this past weekend for the Blues and Brews festival, and in the four days that I was there the Aspens went from green to yellow. Amazing.

I think I hear a Colorado Colors meet coming on.

biju
09/20/2007, 08:22 AM
biju,

What's up!? You know you should have called a couple of your VX brothers and sisters to see if we could make it too.
don't take this as salty on my part, but honestly - i kind of gave up on that. from the recent past i've learned it's just too hard to organize, and too few interested to worry about it. lots of 'i'm in!' - and then a strange correlation with no shows at the last minute. with that in mind, i just decided to take some alone time with the vx and the colors! it was really really nice. no worries. no plan. no deadlines! just 'going farther' to enjoy the day...

-beej.

tom4bren
09/20/2007, 08:26 AM
You've inspired me. I might have to take a Shenandoah ride in the Proton if/when we get colors this year to see if I can get some comparable pix. It's been so dry this year though, I'm guessing our colors will go straight from green to brown.

etlsport
09/20/2007, 08:56 AM
tom if u decide to do that youll have to let me know! i love skyline drive and that area!

tom4bren
09/20/2007, 09:06 AM
Certainly.

I promised Wifey that we'd take a ride to Gettysburg with the kids first but I'll check into when they are projecting the fall colors out there (probably head towards Luray)

etlsport
09/20/2007, 09:11 AM
nice... yea if u dont mind extra company when u get to let definately let me know! me and the lady friend are always up for a drive/mini road trip :thumbup:

and back to your regularly scheduled thread.. sorry biju!

johnnyapollo
09/20/2007, 10:04 AM
Hey those trees match your truck! Proton Trees! Sweet!

-- John

Cobrajet
09/20/2007, 02:35 PM
nice... yea if u dont mind extra company when u get to let definately let me know! me and the lady friend are always up for a drive/mini road trip :thumbup:
[Hijack mode: ON]
I'm up for a cruise through the Shenandoah Mountains. I'm just down the road in Warrenton.
[Hijack mode: OFF]

biju
09/20/2007, 03:00 PM
[Hijack mode: ON]
[Hijack mode: OFF]
...I mean, lets be honest... this thead ain't gonna hijack itself. somebody's gotta do it.

lol. hope you all have fun!

-biju.

CrnCnn
09/20/2007, 03:50 PM
Great pics biju. Make sure you put them up for vote in the calander post.

CSTYLES
09/20/2007, 04:23 PM
I've got my OME 912 sitting in my living room and was hoping to complete the lift by next weekend, but still waiting on parts.

I was planning a Wheelin' trip and some camping near JMU, to the Rocky Run OHV trails in GW National Forest, Dry River Ranger District. There are also some trails in the Lee Ranger District; Tasker's Gap and Peter's Mill Run. Maybe at the end of the month. Anyone interested?

[Hijack complete]

etlsport
09/20/2007, 05:33 PM
wooo id totally do that.... time for a new thread......

Kenny
09/21/2007, 04:01 PM
*snicker*

u only warned 'dub....:p

Ldub
09/21/2007, 04:06 PM
:D :laughing: :D