PDA

View Full Version : Let me out!

cyronman
09/18/2007, 09:52 AM
I know this might sound picky, but I'm bored.

Has anyone ever brought up how dinky the inside door handle/latch are?

Anyone know if anything fits like:

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/files/recover_doors/latchscrewlg.jpg

or

http://www.rockymountainmoggers.com/pix/marioFlush.door.latch.installedt.jpg

just wondering...

tom4bren
09/18/2007, 01:48 PM
You're right - not about the door handle being too small - you're being picky. LOL. If you're bored, come up with a permanent solution to faded cladding.

Seriously, you are probably stuck with your dinky door latch. I'm guessing that it'll be more trouble than it's worth to change it.

cyronman
09/18/2007, 02:18 PM
Apparently...

just thought I'd throw it out there

Ascinder
09/18/2007, 02:58 PM
I agree with the door handle dilemma. Our door handles suck. They are small and dinky and my hand is always slipping off the inside as well as the outside. I don't know how much better the examples are though since they look like they would end up giving me the same problems. If I end up doing anything to fix it I think I'm going to shave them on the exterior and have push buttons for the inside.

IndianaVX
09/18/2007, 06:00 PM
cy,
not sure about the handle, i guess about anything is possible......the inside one doesnt bother me as much as me flippin the crap outa the exterior handle....im just waiting for the day i make a post in the wanted section for a exterior handle......
maybe you should take your bordum to the circle thingy up by the vin number and figure out what that is.........;)

if your REALLY bored, go get yourself a remote control plane KIT. that can take weeks to build, and is great for "hit and miss" bordum, and after your done, you can actually fly it when you get bored!!!!:p

johnnyapollo
09/18/2007, 06:47 PM
Boredom is for the birds, huh?

-- John

Triathlete
09/18/2007, 06:51 PM
Easiest solution...shave 'em and solinoids!

mdwyer
09/18/2007, 07:05 PM
Easiest solution...shave 'em and solinoids!

That might be a teensy bit excessive. Cool, though...

I've thought about putting that self-stick rubbery stuff under my outside door handles, though. Every time my fingers slip out from under there, my teeth rattle with the CLACK! as it snaps down. I can just picture the little plastic clips shattering... again. :(