PDA

View Full Version : Not a love note... but the same general idea...

coachreed
06/04/2003, 02:24 PM
I was driving back from Florida the other day and stopped off in some podunk town in Illinoise to get gas and some eats. I got gas and then went into the McDonalds inside the station. I ordered my food and then was waiting as a couple of younger crew members came in looking over their shoulders and chuckling. Then they grabbed someone else behind the counter and said, "look at that car at pump 6... thats got to be the UGLIEST car I've ever seen." I just stood there staring at him but said nothing. Then on the way out, I made sure I pulled away really slow in sight of the counter... When I knew he was looking, I just gave him a big ol wave and pulled out... I know they aren't for everyone, but I love my VX... honestly though, I don't mind the negative reactions... I find them quite entertaining.

Just wanted to post my experience.

TTYL!

Coach... aka Randy!

AlaskaVX
06/04/2003, 02:30 PM
What little they know, what little they know.
Read as a redneck: "Hey Pah ain't dat one of dem vehi-thingy's"

SPAZZ
06/04/2003, 02:46 PM
Last night I had a date with this girl. As I was almost to her Apartment I hit a red light. When I did, this guy came flying up beside me, slammed on his brakes. He was going so fast when he did, that he slid almost in the intersection into oncoming traffic. He rolled down his passenger side window yelling something and pointing. I rolled down my window and stared at him untill I could discern what exactly was his problem.
He was yelling "WHAT IS IT, WHAT IS IT, WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING?" As you all know me......with my ability with speech.....I had to grit my teethe and avoid making myself see like a....I slowly said "Vehicross" He exicetedly nodded and said "Wow".

:confused: Some peoples children

Heraclid
06/04/2003, 03:14 PM
Hey coachreed,

I bet if you looked out at the parking lot and picked out the ugliest car there, odds are good it would've been theirs. :-)

I had a guy two houses donw the street staring most of the time I was washing mine recently. I sure hope he liked the VX anyway, because if it wasn't that I'm a little frightened.

AlaskaVX
06/04/2003, 03:21 PM
Forgot about this....

Two days ago I was sitting in a park after fishing for trout with no luck. A cop pulled in the parking lot just as my brother and I were leaving in our cars. The cop decided to follow us since we looked suspicious (leaving when he showed up). My brother went straight I went right, the cop followed me and pulled me over. As he came up to my window the first thing out of his mouth was "Nice Ride!" then said that I had too tinted of windows and gave me a ticket. I was looking over the $160 ticket and noticed he had written the car down as a 2001 Isuzu NASA! I got a kick out of that! I will post pics of my NASA sticker and ticket here when I get the chance.

Dallas4u
06/04/2003, 03:23 PM
You know, I personally believe that we have one of, if not, the best looking auto on the road. But, just because other people think it is one of the ugliest doesn't mean they are wrong to think that. They may mouth-off about it in my face, but I just sit there and look at them... all I can think to myself is that this one person... one person, in a world of around 6 billion people, that feels they're opinion mean ***** to me... and how wrong they are. They, as most of use are to others, are a spec on a fly's arse.

I don't really care one way or another if people think it's the ugliest auto ever made. I don't put them down for it... it's their personal view and I couldn't care less.

VCAMILO
06/04/2003, 03:43 PM
I wish my VX was yellow. I think people never see the Ebony because it blends in with other things and cars. Its been awhile since anyone said anything to me. But I do catch people looking when Im walking back to my car in a parking lot or walking away from it. One year down and I still love my VX.

mrtew
06/04/2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by VCAMILO
I wish my VX was yellow. I think people never see the Ebony because it blends in with other things and cars. Its been awhile since anyone said anything to me. But I do catch people looking when Im walking back to my car in a parking lot or walking away from it. One year down and I still love my VX.

Yeah, I'm glad I got the yellow one. At work we test new cars from other companies and one week I got the PTCruiser right as they were coming out. As I slowly drove thru down to gauge public reaction (I am a car designer so I care about this stuff) people were stopping eating, standing up, tapping others on the shoulder, pointing, yelling compliments etc. I wasn't too impressed with the car but the next week I got the VehiCROSS to test (this was before I got my own) and I thought the reaction would be even bigger. Well it was black and on the same route nobody noticed it at all. I couldn't beleive it. It was percieved as just another SUV. I didn't see one person even looking at all, and it was a pretty new vehicle at the time. Once I got mine I found out it was just the color, because after two years of owning it now I still drive thru down and people stop eating, stand up, tap others on the shoulder, point, yelling compliments (mostly) etc. I just love my yellow VX! When I drive it in the Woodward HotRod cruise here in Detroit it cracks me up to hear all the things the 'parade watchers' yell. Everything from 'WOW' to 'coolest car I've ever seen' to 'that thing is hideous' to 'buy American' to 'what the phuk' to 'what is it' to 'nice wheels'. I love to hear both the love it and hate it reactions!

BOARZHEAD
06/04/2003, 05:31 PM
Alaska VX.. Another ticket.. Wish I had a Nasa..hehehe. Yeh looks good when we were next to each other the day before.

Pens
06/04/2003, 05:59 PM
MRTEW, do you still have your Proton? I picked mine up in southfield last October and I haven't seen another one around since then. I am in the Downriver (Riverview) area and I get similar reactions around here. The only person who even knew what I was driving was a highschool girl in Logan's Roadhouse who said her Uncle had one in California.

You really can't beat Yellow for standing out, although I am getting a bit upset with all these yellow Ford Escapes running around trying to horn in on the action.

mrtew
06/04/2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Pens
MRTEW, do you still have your Proton? I picked mine up in southfield last October and I haven't seen another one around since then.

Heck yeah, I still have it! I will always have it! I think I will have myself buried in it! I see another proton driving every now and then near Southfield (I live near Royal Oak) and sometimes on Woodward with a tall thin guy around 30 with short dark hair (is that you... probably not as I am almost sure he's seen me a few times in mine). And there is another Proton driven by an Asian girl that has a 'for sale' sign in the rear window that I've seen a few times and another parked in a lot on 12mile near JohnR but that could be one of the two I've seen driving. There are a few of us around... but a heck of a lot more yellow Escapes in Detroit (not to mention Aztecks!!!) I've also seen green, black, red, grey, silver, and white ones here. It's amazing how many VX's there are in the all American motor city considering that I drove all the way to Arizona and back a year and a half ago and didn't see even ONE the entire 5000 mile trip!

Pens
06/04/2003, 07:33 PM
Dang, I need to get out more I guess! I have seen a Silver one near Ypsilanti but that is it. I have a forum plate frame on so if you see me honk!

Heraclid
06/04/2003, 08:07 PM
Color makes a difference. I happen to think black, if kept real nice and clean, is one of the sharpest colors on most vehicles, including the VX. However, if you're not up close it does tend to kind of hide the styling, so on most things with sporty, edgy styling other colors (and not necessarily bright ones either) do tend to show it off a bit more. I remember thinking about this when I had my red 95 Avenger ES. I'd see other Avengers cruising around and the color made such a difference sometimes. I've always been a fan of bright yellows, like on the Protons, some of the XTerras, etc. There are shades of it I hate too. Honestly, if I had my way I'd probably want a yellow VX. However, my purchase wasn't really planned and just sort of happened when a VX popped up for sale in practically my own backyard. I made sure it was in good shape and snatched it up. Mine is Astral silver, and I have no complaints in the looks department. Can't really go wrong on these.

Pens
06/04/2003, 08:17 PM
I think that Black would look sharper with contrasting cladding and hood insert. Doesn't seem to hard to do either.

AnalogVX
06/04/2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by mrtew
It's amazing how many VX's there are in the all American motor city considering that I drove all the way to Arizona and back a year and a half ago and didn't see even ONE the entire 5000 mile trip!

I was driving to Utah a couple weeks ago and saw 18 of them!;)

Heraclid
06/04/2003, 09:32 PM
I think the sorta gray cladding and black goes well together already. What I wish they had done was make our interiors red like the red on the "ehi" part of VehiCROSS on the side. Not that I don't like the rust color, because I do, but that would have been better and made accessorizing easier too.

WormGod
06/05/2003, 08:06 AM
I had a car full of rusty rednecks pull up to me Monday and the guy in the passenger seat asked if I was driving a "souped up Amigo with GAY ground effects". I just said "Nah" and pulled away. Intelligence like that didnt need an answer with an explaination. ;)

Vasha13
06/05/2003, 08:55 AM
You should have said, "no, why? do you specialize in it? Maybe you could help me out."

;Do;