PDA

View Full Version : Interesting topic

tom4bren
09/12/2007, 10:40 AM
I got this email chain letter the other day & thought it interesting enough to share.

"URINE TEST...........

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ***, doing drugs, while I work... Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check ?????"

circmand
09/12/2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah I have been seeing that particular email ecer since Al Gore invented the Internet. I would say God Bless him but we know Democrats do not believe in God even fine enviromentalists with $3000 a month electric bills like him. :p :p :p :p :p

Anita
09/12/2007, 02:11 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Politics and Religion !! ;) Dont start that again!!!! :winkp: :winkr: :winkb: :argue: :smack: :_mecker: :smack: :winkg:

Chopper
09/12/2007, 03:04 PM
Here we go! Yaaaaa!

WyrreJ
09/12/2007, 05:25 PM
The problem is that you have to take a piss test in order to work in the first place.
I did it once, roughly 15 years ago and never again.

Right now, the terms of one of my clearances states that they can do a drug test any time they have reason to be suspicious (not probably cause, just whenever they feel like it). I signed the paper that said they could, but the terms were if they ask for it, I'll give up my clearance before I'll give up my piss.

While the issue with a clearance is how easily a person can be 'leveraged' rather than just simply micromanaging the citizenry's private lives - I think the general case of piss tests have gone so far overboard that I've taken the opposite approach and deny them unilaterally because I can.

And for those about to argue for piss tests for 'safety' reasons - ignoring all the white-collar workers where there is no immediate threat to safety - anyone serious about safety would do competency testing, the modern equivalent of touch your nose and walk a straight line because there are plenty of reasons a person can be unsafe but still drug-free. And I think this is inline with the original chain-mail, those on welfare certainly aren't safety risks any more than a housewife is.

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
09/12/2007, 05:47 PM
Tom Sizemore, that actor who can't seem to get his act together used this device, and was busted but remarked it had worked a few times previously, Check the website and check out the pics!

www.thewhizzinator.com/

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
09/12/2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah I have been seeing that particular email ecer since Al Gore invented the Internet. I would say God Bless him but we know Democrats do not believe in God even fine enviromentalists with $3000 a month electric bills like him. :p :p :p :p :p

My X-girlfriends dad actually invented the internet,more than Gore for sure, true story, and very interesting..........

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/15-08/ff_jimgray

WyrreJ
09/12/2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah I have been seeing that particular email ecer since Al Gore invented the Internet.http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

fine enviromentalists with $3000 a month electric bills like him.http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp

MrCrowley
09/13/2007, 05:33 AM
If you want to hear something that will piss you off even more- no pun intended :laughing:

During my short hiatus in South Jersey aka. Florida :?: , I actually HAD TO PAY FOR MY OWN URINALYSIS!!! The company stated that they had so many people NOT pass that they were now billing people. I replied that I would wager that, compared to myself, none of their other candidates, talked, dressed, were as qualified, or presented themselves with a professional demeanor. I still cannot fathom why out of those 8 months, I was able to gain employment for only 2 of those months! :rotate: The fact that anyone fights to stay there to earn such a petty amount of income in an area with a mind boggling cost of living is beyond me. Not only that, when I went to the lab, they stated that if I could not piss, I would have to wait in their lobby for 3 hours until I did without leaving, or I would still be charged. ;eekg; I then informed them that if I didnt piss in their cup, they weren't providing me with a service, and they would be violating the law. :bgwg: The look on that wrinkled, tattooed, airheaded beach bum was priceless. They dont get many indepenent thinkers down there, I suppose. I told them the military didnt even ignore my rights as much as their place. Even as a serviceman, someone was so close watching you piss, they should just as well hold it for you so you could be more accurate with the cup. I hated doing that every single month- sometimes twice a month- of my time in, and it was always at about 3:00am and also included a building search of all of our rooms. Then, before we could continue to sleep, morning formation time! What an insult. I guess being a warrior and having honor is extinct. No Bushido i suppose. :( Maybe I go do hari kari.

The only reason I even performed the job related pee-pee deed down in the fuzzy orifice state was the fear of becoming another homeless tent dweller. 8 months of sheer hell. Worst mistake of my life- and I served "with a reknowned, but s$%^ treated rugged bunch" in the US Army with all of the other prisoners. How can people tolerate such crap? Needless to say, the meager stipent i did earn during those two months paid for me to get the hell out of there. And needless to say, I will NEVER pay for, OR perform any type of random screening again. If it becomes worse than what is occuring today, my *** will surely be on some beach in Thailand for the rest of my life smoking some thai stick just to snub the critics. Thats only because the Foreign Legion doesnt allowed married personnel to join. :(

Oh yeah, several years ago I also had to perform a breathalyzer test as well as a pee-pee test. I asked them why- they said to see if I had interviewed drunk. :wtfr: Maybe they should go perform hari kari as anyone that might mistakenly hire some drunk interviewer- I would question how the interviewer somehow gained employment there in the first place :_iamwiths Its the famous chicken or the egg deal again...

circmand
09/13/2007, 07:49 AM
From your own source Al Gores Quote "I took the initiative in creating the internet" Snopes may say the rumor about him claiming this is wrong but that is word for word right out of the quote you posted. Maybe read what you are posting next time. As for the other claim well I was wrong $30000 paid for utilities in 2006 that is only $2500 a month. Boy what a energy miser. :rolleyes:

MrCrowley
09/13/2007, 08:57 AM
I dont want to create a political buzz, but please go easy on Gore since he actually has a few functioning brain cells, and has the ability to think about more than himself, unlike our wonderful current leader. Ill take a Tennessee two timer anyday over a wanna be Texan two timing backstabber. At least he has the intelligence to pronounce the word "nucular", and actually performed in an enviromental movie- with great skill I might add, The only movie Bush could ever sucessfully act in would be 'Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat that dropped his dumbass off at the SPCA' nor did he have to cry in public because he is a washed up drunkard unlike someone else I know of...

Im not crazy about Gore, but sometimes you just have to deal with the greater of two dumbasses, and lets face it- a chimpanzee in office would be an improvement at this point, right? Hell, at this point Quayle is starting to look like an improvement. A toddler that cant spell potatoes, or another idiot that has "nucular" in his thoughts- Which do you think scares the hell out of me? :sighg: How much does it cost to purchase a degree these days? lol Im surprised we havent nuked Mexico by now because of all the aggression with "tourists" infiltrating US companies and acting as siestas- i mean sleepers in US companies and taking jobs. lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololol

WyrreJ
09/13/2007, 09:08 AM
From your own source Al Gores Quote "I took the initiative in creating the internet" Snopes may say the rumor about him claiming this is wrong but that is word for word right out of the quote you posted. Maybe read what you are posting next time. As for the other claim well I was wrong $30000 paid for utilities in 2006 that is only $2500 a month. Boy what a energy miser. :rolleyes:
Dаmи! You've got some of the best selective reading skills I have ever seen!
Very impressive dude.

circmand
09/13/2007, 09:52 AM
I was going to copy and paste the whole quote but it would not allow me to and I am too lazy to flip back and forth to retyp the whole thing. But the following sentence stated that he also had a lot of other initiatives. Their was no clarifying his statement so it was not taken out of context. Hey I admit when I am wrong I admitted Al Gores utilities were only $2500 didn't I. :p

WyrreJ
09/13/2007, 10:52 AM
Their was no clarifying his statement so it was not taken out of context.Rrrright! The part about Vint Cerf supporting him is just meaningless, eh? Tell you what, since you are so knowledgable about this topic, how about you go and add your two cents to the wikipedia page for it and clear it all up for the rest of us?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore%27s_contributions_to_the_Internet_and_tech nology

After all, wikipedia is the encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Your insight is clearly needed.

Hey I admit when I am wrong I admitted Al Gores utilities were only $2500 didn't I.When you start paying a 20% premium for renewable energy then you might have some standing.

circmand
09/13/2007, 11:07 AM
Well I do not have the millions of dollars Al Gore has that his family made farming Tobacco to pay for renewable resources, so what I guess conservation does not count? I personally keep my AC setting no lower than 80 degrees here in Texas. Wikipedia is a joke as Stephen Colbert clearly showed. As for Vint Cerf supporting him I have to confess my ignorance here never heard of it. It wouldn't be some Democratic or Liberal organization would it. You can find groups out there to support anyone if you look for them and their support does not mean anything barring their own altruistic nature being shown.

ZEUS
09/13/2007, 11:11 AM
Excuse me, I am going to go pee... in the toilet... with nobody watching.

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
09/13/2007, 04:46 PM
C'mon people,
Can we agree not to "Bush bash". He is probably the worst president of our collective lifetimes and I don't think anyone in here can defend the out and out travesty he is as a leader. Comparing Bush to Gore is like comparing Steven J. Hawking to Corky from "Life Goes On".
Even that media darling rush Limbaugh claimed to" "feel liberated" by Democratic victories in the House and Senate on November 7 because he is "no longer going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried." Limbaugh added that the Republican Congress has produced "some of this legislation coming out of there that I have just cringed at, and it has been difficult coming in here, trying to make the case for it when the people who are supposedly in favor of it can't even make the case themselves -- and to have to come in here and try to do their jobs."
Also Gore won the popular vote, More people in this country wanted him as commander and chief, Does anyone think we would be in Iraq right now if Gore was elected? There would be a lot more american kids walking on their own legs rather than titanium stilts.

WyrreJ
09/13/2007, 05:25 PM
As for Vint Cerf supporting him I have to confess my ignorance here never heard of it. It wouldn't be some Democratic or Liberal organization would it. You can find groups out there to support anyone if you look for them and their support does not mean anything barring their own altruistic nature being shown.

And there we have it folks. Vint Cerf is a political organization, well said, well said. You are at the top of your game with your criticism. I don't know what I was thinking trying to cite a partisan political group to show that maybe, just possibly, there was a little bit more to the story than was dreamt of in your philosophy.

Here's a joke for yah: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vint_Cerf

tom4bren
09/14/2007, 07:16 AM
DAAAHHMM!! What did I start here?

I just thought it was a funny enough email to share. I didn't mean to get Bush castrated. LOL

circmand
09/14/2007, 08:07 AM
Did you once again fail to read the quote you posted like the one where Al Gore stated he took the initiative to create the internet? I vclearly admitted I had no idea who or what Vint Cerf was. So being able to point out the fact that I had no idea was not quite as clever as you seem to think. However your Wikipedia link was very helpful. The man was born and lived in New Haven CT. Went to HS in Van NUys CA, and College in Stanford. Now I was wrong assuming he was an orginization but his schooling and upbring clearly show the man has lived and learned in Ultra Liberal areas, hell I am surprised he didn't go to Berkley for a year or to.

MrCrowley
09/14/2007, 08:58 AM
Who else uses that grape smelling stuff to clean their cladding? Whats it called again?

WyrreJ
09/14/2007, 09:29 AM
Did you once again fail to read the quote you posted like the one where Al Gore stated he took the initiative to create the internet? I vclearly admitted I had no idea who or what Vint Cerf was. So being able to point out the fact that I had no idea was not quite as clever as you seem to think. However your Wikipedia link was very helpful. The man was born and lived in New Haven CT. Went to HS in Van NUys CA, and College in Stanford. Now I was wrong assuming he was an orginization but his schooling and upbring clearly show the man has lived and learned in Ultra Liberal areas, hell I am surprised he didn't go to Berkley for a year or to.
You really take pride in your ignorance, which really makes it funny how you keep accusing me of not reading what I cite.

Vint Cerf is one of the two people most directly responsible for the technical creation of the internet. If he says Gore is due thanks for his part in legislating the creation of the Internet, then there is no one with standing to dispute him -- especially not someone who doesn't even know the difference between Cerf and MoveOn, or dare I say it, can't even figure out how to make cut-and-paste work on his computer.

tom4bren
09/14/2007, 09:57 AM
I think it's called Grape Flavored Cladding Cleaner.

circmand
09/14/2007, 11:05 AM
You really take pride in your ignorance, which really makes it funny how you keep accusing me of not reading what I cite.

Vint Cerf is one of the two people most directly responsible for the technical creation of the internet. If he says Gore is due thanks for his part in legislating the creation of the Internet, then there is no one with standing to dispute him -- especially not someone who doesn't even know the difference between Cerf and MoveOn, or dare I say it, can't even figure out how to make cut-and-paste work on his computer.

Once again failure to read. I did not say I did not know how to use cut and paste I said I could not figure out how to cut and paste out of Wikipedia. Since you have only supplied hotlinks I assume you do not know how to do it either. Welcome to the idiots club. Also I did not say Cerf and move on were the same Please READ again I said I did not know who or what Cerf was. Right out front really stated before you caught me. I am sure there are many people I know or could name who you would have no idea who they are. Maybe I am wrong because you are pretty sure you know everything or your Wikipedia source does and both you and it are infallible except that was proven wrong as well by Stephen Colbert. By the way being one who helped pass legislation so OTHERS could create the Internet is not the same as taking the initiative and creating it. By the way what does Cerf say about Love Story being written about the Woodman and Tipsy oops I mean Tipper?

Ldub
09/14/2007, 03:54 PM
I comb my hair with buttered toast & it's really shiny.

:argue: ........................ :blab: ........................... ;puke:

;wtf; ........................... :_wtf: ........................... :disturbed

WyrreJ
09/14/2007, 06:27 PM
Once again failure to read. I did not say I did not know how to use cut and paste I said I could not figure out how to cut and paste out of Wikipedia.No, you wrote: "I was going to copy and paste the whole quote but it would not allow me to and I am too lazy to flip back and forth to retyp the whole thing." No mention of wikipedia. Look Ma! No hands! I can make meaningless picayune distinctions too!

Doesn't change the facts -- the Internet's development in the 80s and 90s is due in great part to legislation that Gore authored. There is no other single legislator or even group of legislators that did anywhere near the same amount of work to fund the development of the net and to change the rules of the net to enable commercial development.

But you go ahead and keep on stroking that misquote of a sound-byte since it seems to make you happy to believe it.

By the way being one who helped pass legislation so OTHERS could create the Internet is not the same as taking the initiative and creating it.Once again, failure to read!!! I never said that, you never said that, no one ever said that. What, are you quoting wikipedia? You know what Jean-Baptist Colbert proved about people who fail to read? Nothing! Many people believe you if you keep your air conditioner set at 80 degrees. But not those in Liberal Areas, they don't believe God is in the air conditioner. He's really in Al Gore's Tobacco!!! I have found many groups who will support that, but they want millions of dollars to tell the love story about the tipster, circmand and Stephen Colbert!!

circmand
09/15/2007, 02:39 PM
No, you wrote: "I was going to copy and paste the whole quote but it would not allow me to and I am too lazy to flip back and forth to retyp the whole thing." No mention of wikipedia. Look Ma! No hands! I can make meaningless picayune distinctions too!

Doesn't change the facts -- the Internet's development in the 80s and 90s is due in great part to legislation that Gore authored. There is no other single legislator or even group of legislators that did anywhere near the same amount of work to fund the development of the net and to change the rules of the net to enable commercial development.

But you go ahead and keep on stroking that misquote of a sound-byte since it seems to make you happy to believe it.

Once again, failure to read!!! I never said that, you never said that, no one ever said that. What, are you quoting wikipedia? You know what Jean-Baptist Colbert proved about people who fail to read? Nothing! Many people believe you if you keep your air conditioner set at 80 degrees. But not those in Liberal Areas, they don't believe God is in the air conditioner. He's really in Al Gore's Tobacco!!! I have found many groups who will support that, but they want millions of dollars to tell the love story about the tipster, circmand and Stephen Colbert!!

What Al Gore gets credit for legislation passed? All Legislation require a majority vote in the house, in the senate and approved by the president. For Al to claim sole credit or even majority credit that over 150 HOR representatives votes plus over 51 Senators and a president votreds for is notheing short of ignorance. So you did not even read my quote again I said I was too lazy not that I could not do it.m Lord what fools these liberals be. And on top of that you have yet to show me making even one misquote or read on your posts yet I have shown mistakes on your part on your own quotes. I love liberals who seem to thing simply saying anything makes it true anfd them insult anyone who questions their statements especially when they are proven wrong. That is why trhe Democratic Party has yet top field a candidate worthy of voting for. In fact I would bet that if party affiliation was removed from ballots not a singe Democrat would get elected/ The Democrats get elected by sconvincing the unwashed masses to vote Democrat and ignore the issue. Apparently you have fallen victim to this brain washing. As Democrats love donatnating money pleas edonate to the IDIOT I program. Insane Democrates Ignorant Of The Issues.

WyrreJ
09/15/2007, 09:38 PM
What Al Gore gets credit for legislation passed?Yes he does. He wrote it, and by hook or by crook he convinced congress to pass it. If it were not for him, any legislation that might have been written would have been significantly different and a few years late.

So you did not even read my quote again
The Democrats get elected by sconvincing the unwashed masses to vote Democrat and ignore the issue. Apparently you have fallen victim to this brain washing.Don't you get tired of singing that one note song?

I've been working on the net since the 80s - since before there was a world wide web. I lived through a good part of its history, even contributed to a little bit of it myself. I don't give a ratsass what political party Gore is in. I care about getting the history of the net correct - not letting it be defined by some raving jackass with a misquoted sound-bite.

circmand
09/17/2007, 04:53 AM
Sorry wrong again. Al Gore did not write one bit of that legislation it was written by his staff. I doubt he even read it. As for him single handedly getting the legislation passed that is BS. No one gets anything even considered for discussion without the approval by the leadin members of the majority party. And I keep bringing up your failure to read the material you post and I post because your arguments run counter to what you posted. As for singing that one note in your last post that was the first time I mentioned it. Maybe you are getting it mixed up with all the other people telling you the same thing. You know if you beleive one thing and everybody else is telling you the opposite has it ever occured to you that they are right? :rolleyes:

Ldub
09/17/2007, 05:14 AM
Hope you two had a nice weekend...good to see you back & beating the same dead horse bright & early Monday morning... :_mecker: ... :argue:

circmand
09/17/2007, 08:26 AM
I really do not care about the issue but I do enjoy firing up anyone who has aa single minded view of the world whether Liberal or Conservative.

tom4bren
09/18/2007, 10:28 AM
And besides, "no horse is so dead that it can't be beaten one more time".

WyrreJ
09/18/2007, 10:41 AM
I really do not care about the issue but I do enjoy firing up anyone who has aa single minded view of the world whether Liberal or Conservative.

Yes, God forbid anyone should treat you like a rational person. Plonk.

IndianaVX
09/18/2007, 06:04 PM
And besides, "no horse is so dead that it can't be beaten one more time".

lol, and after that, theres always the flys to swat........:rolleyes:

nater
09/19/2007, 09:55 AM
LOL!

Vint Cerf a Liberal group?

Now I've heard it all.

I once turned in a document to a supervisor with the phrase "the internet" on it. He looked at me, and said, "Whoops! you mistyped this" and corrected it to read "the Internet." I said, "I didn't mistype it. I like it lowercase." He replied, "Dude, it's uppercase." I said, "Says who?" He said, "Says who? Get the F*%& out of my office until you can come back and tell me who."

I humbly retreated to my computer and came back 15 minutes later.

"Vinton Cerf!"

Nate