PDA

View Full Version : Intake Manifold gasket replacement procedure not on CD??

Amnesia
09/07/2007, 09:50 AM
OK - I'm ready to replace my intake manifold gaskets, but I can't find the information anywhere on the CD... What gives? It lists the common chamber, but not the actual intake manifold. I found the torque specs for the lower manifold bolts/nuts, but nothing more.

Am I blind?

johnnyapollo
09/07/2007, 07:34 PM
They just pretty much lift off once you remove the intake plenum. Also there was a post about the torque spec being wrong - too tight (it was corrected in a service bulletin) - dont' remember the new value - seems it was around 13 lbs (original was around 17). Someone can chime in our you can do a search.

-- John

Amnesia
09/10/2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've seen the 13ftlbs mentioned around here several times, but I'm really curious about whether or not the procedure is mentioned on the cd. ...I don't think it's there.

I think the factory just totally spaced this part out. Many places where it should be mentioned it's not. It's as if the intake manifold doesn't exist. I wish that it were like the manual in real life. Simply remove the common chamber and voila! The rest is gone. Ready to pull the head now! ...right.

I'm just trying to find some printed info. because it is a PITA to replace the lower intake gaskets and I don't want to miss something important and have to do this again.

Anyone feel free to set me straight! I could use a laugh.

Amnesia
09/10/2007, 02:52 PM
All right, never mind. After reading and re-reading, I can now see what it says. I guess that it just isn't saying what I thought it should be saying...

To me it leaves out key phrases like such things as replacing the gaskets for the throttle body or intake manifold, cleaning surfaces, torque sequence and pattern. I dunno. Just seems like it could have been written better. ...such as replacing the thermostat... now that looks too easy, until you realize where it's at! ...or should I get my glasses again?

Sorry to waste anyone's time, if I did.

Ldub
09/10/2007, 03:54 PM
...such as replacing the thermostat... now that looks too easy, until you realize where it's at! ...or should I get my glasses again?

If you do replace the t-stat while you have the intake off, have a replacement O ring on hand for the hard pipe that runs back to the heater system. The pipe is in the way of t-stat removal, if you've damaged the O ring, you won't know until it's all back together & you're adding anti freeze. :(

And yes...that's the voice of experience. :mad: :mad: :mad: