PDA

View Full Version : And now for something completely different...

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
09/05/2007, 04:00 PM
The Apple Iphone went down in price about $200 bucks today and I went and snatched the 8gb model up. This is the coolest toy I have purchased since my VX...Anyone else in here have one?

JHarris1385
09/05/2007, 04:07 PM
I like my Verizon Service.
But that IPHONE is damn cool.

Have you seen the LG parada? LG is battling a lawsuit with Apple since the parada came out in Europe before the Iphone was introduced.

You know why they dropped the price right?

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
09/05/2007, 04:18 PM
I like my Verizon Service.
But that IPHONE is damn cool.

Have you seen the LG parada? LG is battling a lawsuit with Apple since the parada came out in Europe before the Iphone was introduced.

You know why they dropped the price right?
Well I assume it was to sell more phones,and apple released a new ipod( that looks like the iphone) that is wi-fi and can surf the net and do everything the iphone can besides make calls.
Was there another reason?

biju
09/05/2007, 05:04 PM
ahhhhh... make up sex is the best!

lol.

want the iphone, but can't. stuck w/ verizon for a while... in the meantime, i'm trying to pick up their new ipod classic 160g - but can't seem to get the 'buy now' button to work on their site. strange.

-biju.

Chopper
09/05/2007, 05:37 PM
Naaa the,"I'm angry at you, and I hate you....but.." bang is the best. That's just me :) I'd be unhappy if I paid 500 a few weeks ago.

yal^
09/05/2007, 07:27 PM

lol.

want the iphone, but can't. stuck w/ verizon for a while... in the meantime, i'm trying to pick up their new ipod classic 160g - but can't seem to get the 'buy now' button to work on their site. strange.

-biju.

well, according to Best Buy you can pre-order them for now.
I will look into it and see if I can get more established release date for you.

nfpgasmask
09/05/2007, 07:49 PM
Dude, you're farking funny. Thanks for the laugh...

:) Bart

lol.

-biju.

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
09/05/2007, 09:34 PM
Ok , I have been playing with this phone all day and I really can not say enough about it, I am typing this message from it and Vehicross.info looks like it does on my computer. I give it a big thumbs up!

Triathlete
09/05/2007, 09:47 PM
I give it a big thumbs up!

Until someone hacks it! They still have a few bugs to work out. But they are cool.

WyrreJ
09/06/2007, 01:03 AM
Indeed, all of these smart phones are just disasters waiting to happen. There have been proof-of-concept viruses for a few of them already. It's only a matter of time before somebody releases a real one. And nowadays, most malware is mob-connected so instead of just deleting your files or something equally annoying, you can expect whatever comes down the pipe to actively try to steal banking information and anything else of value.

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
09/06/2007, 04:27 AM
Indeed, all of these smart phones are just disasters waiting to happen. There have been proof-of-concept viruses for a few of them already. It's only a matter of time before somebody releases a real one. And nowadays, most malware is mob-connected so instead of just deleting your files or something equally annoying, you can expect whatever comes down the pipe to actively try to steal banking information and anything else of value.

Well, I wont be using this thing for banking.
I also won't be opening any funky attachments either in email.
pssst..why ya gotta piss on my parade, I just got the thing..

Anyway, I am stoked that it plugs in and is compatible with the car stereo in my VX .So my car stereo scrolls the songs and artists from the phones ipod mode.I was not sure that was gonna fly, but it did.
I am thinking I might buy another dock for it and stick it the little space on the center part of the console as a little imod, I'll take some photos if I do.

JHarris1385
09/06/2007, 07:49 AM
LG is bringing the european model over and Kyrocera is coming out with a touch screen phone to all providers by christmas. This was in a popular mech a month or so ago.

Smart move by iphone to drop the price, which gets more people in the apple brand.

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
09/06/2007, 10:23 AM
I uploaded a bunch of movies and music on it last night. The thing has as good a resolution as a PSP (playstation portable), and for tiny little speakers at the bottom, the sound without headphones is not half bad.The camera on it shoots at 2 megapixels, I had a Moto Razr before and the camera on that was awful. The razr was a bit lighter though, and had some screen protection.
The thing about buying tech toys though, it's like shooting at a moving target. The minute you think you have something cool,they release something cooler.
When I bought my HDTV 3 years ago, it was close to 4 grand, now I see similar and better ones, for way less than half that.
Still the only exception to that rule, The VX
These cars are going on almost 10 years old and they look as, or more cutting edge as anything on the market today.

VehiGAZ
09/12/2007, 05:57 PM
Until someone hacks it!

The iPhone has been iHacked. Heard about it on NPR the other day...

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
09/12/2007, 06:00 PM
Quit pissing on my parade...you guys are just jealous! :p

MZ-N10
09/12/2007, 06:14 PM
it has been cracked for a while. yesterday tho was the day tat the free unlocking tool was released.

VehiGAZ
09/12/2007, 06:37 PM
Don't get me wrong - a coworker got one last weekend and I played with it a bit today. Totally cool! Awesome interface! Great features!

But it's about 2.5x the size of my current phone (KRZR) which is already too big for my taste.

Chopper
09/13/2007, 02:45 PM
a little kid in Jersey unlocked it....he's like 17. Little wizard will be in a Lambo by the time he can drink a legal beer. Good for him.

mdwyer
09/13/2007, 05:26 PM
Don't get me wrong - a coworker got one last weekend and I played with it a bit today. Totally cool! Awesome interface! Great features!

But it's about 2.5x the size of my current phone (KRZR) which is already too big for my taste.

It's a neat Wifi toy, but a terrible 3G device. Which is to say, just get the iPod Touch, and skip the AT&T data network. The Touch looks like it does most of the things that I want -- browse the internet via wifi, play music, play videos -- without the 400 page and/or $4000 bills from AT&T.

For what it is worth, I rather liked Helio's Ocean. I sent it packing back to them, though, because they had it locked down too much. (Same problem with the iPhone, incidently.) I want to be able to put my own apps on the phone. OperaMini, for instance, beats the pants off of almost any other mobile browser on non-smartphones.

OperaMobile, continues that pants-beating for more advanced phones...

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
09/13/2007, 07:42 PM
It's a neat Wifi toy, but a terrible 3G device. Which is to say, just get the iPod Touch, and skip the AT&T data network. The Touch looks like it does most of the things that I want -- browse the internet via wifi, play music, play videos -- without the 400 page and/or $4000 bills from AT&T.

I don't have my own wireless internet connection yet, so I have been websurfing at home on this thing over At&T edge network. It may not be as fast as a good dsl connection,but it is faster than dial-up.My plan has unlimited data, and it is the cheapest plan...I will let you know if my first bill is insane.

thedutchguy
09/14/2007, 01:03 AM
http://nds3.nokia.com/pressphotos/public/global/devices/e65/02_E65_lo.jpg

My phone is way cooler! :p

thedutchguy
09/14/2007, 01:04 AM
http://nds3.nokia.com/pressphotos/public/global/devices/e65/02_E65_lo.jpg

My phone is way cooler!(nokia e65) :p

mdwyer
09/14/2007, 11:59 AM
My phone is way cooler!(nokia e65) :p

Ah, Europe...

In America, our phone companies just plain suck. :( Boring phones, stupid service. But we've got really fast CDMA in a lot of places. Wanna trade?