PDA

View Full Version : A modern rain dance...

nfpgasmask
08/30/2007, 02:19 PM
I washed/detailed my VX last night, head to toe, inside and out, sparkling clean, 3 hours of work....and now, after Reno has had nearly 90 record breaking days without rain, its pouring outside. :(

Bart

tomdietrying
08/30/2007, 02:54 PM
Just think of your blessings!
1. The inside of your VX is clean.
2. YOU GOT SOME RAIN IN THE DESERT.

Peace.
Tom

ZEUS
08/30/2007, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry to admit I read that with a smile, Bart. People should be thanking you for making it rain, don't ya think!? :)

nfpgasmask
08/31/2007, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I know, I was really just kidding around. We need the rain here, bad. So all in all, the rain was good. But I DID JUST WASH MY VX! LOL!

It doesn't matter, with an Ebony I don't even know why I try. Even after I wash it is still looks dirty....

:) Bart

MSHardeman
08/31/2007, 07:57 AM
Bart,

I feel your pain. The weekend before we all headed out to Moab I spent over twelve hours washing and detailing the VX, and as soon as I rolled out of the garage to meet up with everyone I passed through a cloud of dust that was kicked up by someone cutting their grass. Oh well, at least I got to see her all shined up a purty.

When I did the big clean up, I found some stuff from Maguires that was supposed to take swirl marks out of dark paint. It actually didi a pretty good job, and the VX looked like an oil slick rolling down the road. Nice DEEP black shine. I can't remember what the stuff was called right now, but I can check when I get home if you would like.

nfpgasmask
08/31/2007, 07:59 AM
Cool man, I'll try anything!

Bart

Bart,

I feel your pain. The weekend before we all headed out to Moab I spent over twelve hours washing and detailing the VX, and as soon as I rolled out of the garage to meet up with everyone I passed through a cloud of dust that was kicked up by someone cutting their grass. Oh well, at least I got to see her all shined up a purty.

When I did the big clean up, I found some stuff from Maguires that was supposed to take swirl marks out of dark paint. It actually didi a pretty good job, and the VX looked like an oil slick rolling down the road. Nice DEEP black shine. I can't remember what the stuff was called right now, but I can check when I get home if you would like.