PDA

View Full Version : Range Rover HSE Sport

carlymac
08/28/2007, 08:50 AM
First of all I'm not planning on selling the VX, However I am getting a little older (36yoa) and kinna want something a bit more refined.
I am looking at a red, 2007 Range Rover Sport with 7,500 miles the options include: SAT radio, cold climate package and towing package. The guy is asking $47,000.
I know I've always wanted a RR but most people either love them or detest them.
I trust your opinions because most of you are at least some level of gear head and between us, we have owned nearly every vehicle made...Heck!! Joe Black has owned every vehice ever made all by himself :p
So what do you all think adout the Range Rover HSE Sport in general and the price I can get this one at??

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/RangeRover_Sport/Photo_gallery_media/Photos_6FD2760A-512D-4BF9-B853-4B24C637DA89_199x599.jpg

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/RangeRover_Sport/Photo_gallery_media/Photos_21B031C8-679F-4E25-BF86-FA0E1059BB14_199x599.jpg

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/RangeRover_Sport/Photo_gallery_media/Interior_Photos_DE6E2EE8-EF69-4B17-833A-A1AB05EFDC22_199x599.jpg

circmand
08/28/2007, 10:18 AM
As long as you keep the VX to drive when this thing is in the shop and waiting for parts. Also you may want to find out how expensive even the simplist repairs and services cost.

Scott Harness
08/28/2007, 10:26 AM
Reliability is horrible,expensive to fix.Here in Dallas every soccer mom has one.It also depends where you take it for repair. Dallas Land Rover is hundreds more than Oklahoma City Land Rover for the same repair. A tiny washer for the oil filter is $5.00 :rolleyes:

Joe Isuzu
08/28/2007, 01:55 PM
I think the Range Rover Sport is a great looking vehicle. I drove one at the Land Rover driving experience at the Biltmore Estate. I'm sure it's comfortable and very competent. I would just have to ask myself if I am comfortable with the vehicle for the long haul. Reliability isn't its strongest point, servicing is pricey and the depreciation on most Land Rovers is really high. If you are good with all those, then hey, go for it, not too many people can afford something like this so enjoy life!

JHarris1385
08/28/2007, 02:03 PM
How about something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S-LOW-15K-MILES-M-ROOF-BOSE-BLACK-BLACK-NEW-TIRES_W0QQitemZ120154801764QQihZ002QQcategoryZ4392 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Always have liked them

BritVX
08/29/2007, 04:59 AM
Just to give you a bit of input from this side of the pond. The RR Sport is very popular here but mostly diesel as not a lot can afford the fuel consumption. Although TopGear did a review of it and were favourable they did say they couldn't see the point in it and neither can I, why would someone want a 4X4 that's less offroadable than the original and doesn't really go that much faster. My other problem with them is reliability and I'm not just talking major components I had the full size RR and got fed up with bits falling off and the cost of replacement parts, $270 for a door lock! I traded it in the end and my wife now has the Volvo XC90 T6, a much more reliable car although still expensive to run. If i was going for a dumb sporty off roader I'd plumb for the Porsche, at least you get a nice badge :)

Col

carlymac
08/29/2007, 06:46 AM
Huuummmm...
Many nay sayers with the Range Rover.

The porche is nice, but the interior is...well, boring. I have the VX if I want a boring dash board....Before everybody accuses me of blasphemy I love the VX just it shares it's boring dash with a '97 rodeo.

I have driven the bimmer X5 and wasn't impressed...car based SUV with a car
like ride. After having my teeth jarred since '99 by the VX I need a gradual transition to refinement.

Volvo...jacked up wagon. Built like a tank, but just a station wagon.

Any other luxury SUV's you guys like???

Bay #1 is still the place of honor in my garage and the VX will hold that spot for as long as I'm around...

MSHardeman
08/29/2007, 07:32 AM
The only other SUV that catches my eye these days is the Infinity FX45. I think that if I had to get rid of the VX today, I would shoot for one of those.

JHarris1385
08/29/2007, 07:47 AM
How about the V-8 XC90, search for morgan tech's XC90 on here.

Or try the LM002

carlymac
08/29/2007, 08:23 AM
The LM002....is a bit out of the price range I was looking for :rolleyes:

Still can't make the volvo grow on me.

The Infinity is hot but wonder about its capability off road?

Anybody own the Jeep commander?

creeg
08/29/2007, 08:25 AM
The only other SUV that catches my eye these days is the Infinity FX45. I think that if I had to get rid of the VX today, I would shoot for one of those.

Yep, that is my second choice too.

MSHardeman
08/29/2007, 05:47 PM
Well now, you didn't say it had to be offroad capable, or maybe you did and I just skimmed over it. I have a feeling that the Infinity has NO offroad capability, but it's pretty cool looking. That counts for something.....right?

BritVX
08/30/2007, 01:19 AM
If you're looking for offroad capability then you're looking at the wrong cars. The Range Rover Sport has nothing like the offroad ability of it's big brother or the LR3. The Porsche is just an exspensive soccer moms shopping trolley. You're right about the Volvo it is a tank but I must say I'm impressed with it so far, my wife's is the 2.9 twin turbo so although it's heavy it's no slouch. If I were looking for something like the RR I would definitely go for the FX45 I think it totally out classes the rest and if we had them in the UK I'd have one now.
However if you want refinement and offroad ability have a look at the LR3.

Col

Jeep Commander - Ugly box on wheels :)

carlymac
08/30/2007, 06:45 AM
Ya brit, I was thinking the same thing about the Commander kinna boxy.
Thats why the RR sport or RR HSE beat out the LR3. LR3 a bit on the boxy side. Maybe have to consider the RR HSE.

Here's what I'm looking to do with the new vehicle:

Not a daily driver, Have the patrolcar for that.
Hauling a 20' runnabout, 18' bass boat, 16' aluminum duck boat & utility trailer.
The fiberglass boats are pretty heavy, The VX hates pulling the runnabout. The duck boat is launched in snow/ice conditions and in muddy areas, you know ducky places.
Hunting/Road trips.
I Will be taking this new vehicle off road , Not rock crawling but will need a capable vehicle.
No Soccer moms allowed!!!

ZEUS
08/30/2007, 06:55 AM
The Commander is a Grand Cherokee with a different skin and an extra seat. Give a Grand a spin sometime and see what you think.

carlymac
08/30/2007, 07:05 AM
I owned a '97 Grand Cherokee, Liked it ok. Then got the VX ;)

IndianaVX
08/30/2007, 07:00 PM
i dont know much about the capability either, but the FX in my opinion, is the best looking newer model on the road. the range rovers are getting to be like flies around here, again, dont know that much about them either, except the reliability and expense of operation/maintenance.
i dont know either, if the FX CAN be modified to be an off roader, havent seen any lifted, with it all going on, but i bet that would be a good looking truck.
so anyway, just wanted to agree with others on the FX. purty dang sharp

BritVX
08/31/2007, 03:33 AM
Your right about the LR3 being boxy too, my wife didn't want one for that reason, but as boxy goes I think it's got some nice lines. Not sure about difference in cost in the states but over here the LR3 is significantly cheaper than the RR, it's also thought of as more offroadable,there's a whole range of bolt on bits. However I must say, for what you want it for, if you have the money and don't mind high running costs and also scratching your colour coded fenders :) the RR HSE takes a lot of beating. The Grand Cherokee is an obvious contender but has no where near the same amount of room inside or level of refinment, that being said you could probably buy 2 for the same price as the RR HSE :)