PDA

View Full Version : HELP? Odometer just quit. Common cause?

wendysmiling
08/21/2007, 02:28 PM
Before I head out to buy a $300 speed sensor, and other ideas? The tachometer works, but no odometer and no tripometer. :(

I just dumped ver a grand into a van I had and now I'm short on $$. I'd hate to find out the speedsensor doesn't fix it. If it would, I'd fork out the $$. My hubby will install it. I'm not paying dealership labor. (OY!)

Ldub
08/21/2007, 03:23 PM
Have Hubby crawl under & check the connection that feeds info. to the speedo...you might wanna download the VX electrical trouble shooting manual from the right sidebar for clarification as to location.

I've had tranny work done in the past, & they didn't get that connection fully engaged...same thing, no speedo. ;)

wendysmiling
08/21/2007, 04:39 PM
He checked the wiring going to the speedo (sensor under the truck). He can't find the wire come out on top of the motor. We will download the manual. Thank you. The speedo is working intermittently. 80-90% not at all, and then I'll look down an it's working or sometimes bouncing. I forgot to mention that.

You all are the best. Thanks!

Ldub
08/21/2007, 05:14 PM
Also possible something wrong inside the speedo.

WILLY
08/21/2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah it could be the gauge cluster,i had my fuel gauge acting wierd and i could tap on the top of the dash and it would work/not work and so i took the gauge cluster off and right behind the fuel gauge on the circuit board there was a tiny screw that was hanging by a couple threads and i snugged it down and tha gauge has worked ever since. :)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/12-Photo_12.jpg

wendysmiling
08/27/2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks! Still working on the problem.
:(