PDA

View Full Version : Tail pipe

AndyC
08/21/2007, 07:13 AM
Well I complained when I purchased my stainless cat back on the cheap chrome tail pipe. Well it finally rusted off the other day :rolleyes:
I've been waiting for it to happen though I thought the resonater was going to just blow out since it's been rusting away. The other day the exhaust just got a little louder so I figures it blew out. I forgot to check Sunday and loaded up my boat and headed out for the day. When I got home I noticed something hanging off the rear. Well the tip had rusted off at the weld and the exhaust had been blowing on the rear plastic :eek: and what was hanging was the melted plastic. Luckly for me it's far enough under so you can't notice it :mad:
Well now I can finally put what I think should have been there in the first place.

Anyone notice how hot the exhaust blows on our VX's?

etlsport
08/21/2007, 07:32 AM
my exhaust really isnt that hot... using a digital infared thermometer i periodically took the temp of the inside of my exhaust pipe.. i think the highest ive ever seen it is like 140

AndyC
08/21/2007, 07:57 AM
Humm never thought of checking it that way. I'll do that later :p
I might be a little hotter since I was towing my boat for about a hour.

Kenny
08/21/2007, 09:16 AM
Oh yah, it's hot! After I mashed mine up there, I didn't notice it until CeCe pointed it out and then I had melted plastic from the tip and melted plastic from the exhaust flow. Ow.

But as you said, it's good that it's under there and hard to see.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/tip_crush.jpg