PDA

View Full Version : Vx parking lights by NISSAN? Wtf?

bentcipher
08/19/2007, 08:22 PM
Anybody bothered to try and "see" behind the checked grey markings in the upper area on the front OEM parking lights?

Knigh7s
08/19/2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I just swapped out my lights this past weekend and noticed the same thing... I thought that was a bit wierd. Funny how you posted this moments before I thought about posting it...

don moore
08/19/2007, 10:19 PM
do do do do do do do do
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:glp-qc2_fi9MYM:http://www.freewebs.com/astrospacenews/Twilight%2520Zone.gif

etlsport
08/19/2007, 10:26 PM
yea i noticed that a while ago... have been on the lookout out for a nissan with lights that look the same.. still havent seen any... our rear side marker lights are the same as the ones from a mazda miata... id the front marker lenses under the nissan lights come from another car too

Triathlete
08/19/2007, 11:06 PM
The VX uses LOTS of borowed parts. Think Trooper RS with a little mix of other stuff!

don moore
08/19/2007, 11:19 PM
kinda like a AMC

All
Makes
Combined

Chin Up

Ldub
08/20/2007, 05:23 AM
My guess is that Nissan, wether it be the car company or a plastics molding company with the same name, provides lenses to a large percentage of Japanese manufacturers.

Check out the tail light/turn sig lenses on American cars...many different brands say "Stanley" on them...

Just some food 4 thought... ;)

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/20/2007, 04:58 PM
Anyone else notice the Mitsubishi emblem on each brake caliper? :confused:

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/20/2007, 05:01 PM
kinda like a AMC

All
Makes
Combined

MOPAR = Many Odd Parts Arranged Rediculously! ;)

Joe_Black
08/20/2007, 06:17 PM
That's one reason the Japanese are so successful in the auto industry, they would rather cooperate in manufacturing and compete on design. Another reason why you see them actually borrow vehicles across brand-lines, like when Isuzu provided Honda with Rodeos in return for minivans. Interestingly enough, while Isuzu was exiting the US they worked an agreement with Subaru to complete production on remaining vehicles here in the US before they took over the plants. That's why there a lot of late-model Isuzus, mostly Troopers and Rodeos, that say "Assembled by Subaru".

Could you imagine if the American auto industry followed a similar philosophy? They wouldn't be in the last leg of the toilet race! :p