PDA

View Full Version : It's Pissin me off

circmand
08/17/2007, 04:32 AM
I have been reading the board for awhile now and it seems people here are experiencing the same thing I am. You are looking for a VX part and Google. You get a ton of hits. Then you start calling them and find out the idiots on the phone have no idea what a VX is and carry no parts for it. It seems they put every car type on their web site whether they caryy it or not just to get the hits but we end spending time and effort calling these morons. What is there to do?

VXD959
08/17/2007, 04:49 AM
circmand,

Yep. It's fustrating. Most of those idiots list any make, year of cars available in the world to get you to call. Just follow the sources that some VX members had used in the past. That way you don't waste your time.

Techy-D
08/17/2007, 06:51 AM
It would be kinda fun to have a couple thousand of us call at the same time, to one of their toll free numbers that don't really have the parts they say they have! :p

Joe_Black
08/17/2007, 10:23 AM
It's the same with collecting the Merkur XR4Ti, you just learn to ask for Mustang SVO or Thunderbird TC parts as everyone knows what they are as opposed to the Merkur. With the VX you just ask for Trooper or Amigo parts, no muss no fuss! ;)

IndianaVX
08/19/2007, 12:34 PM
what i have been noticing, and now i have proof, is this......
in most of the calls i have been making to businesses ive found online, they all seem to use the same catalog. they get your info, ask what state your from, put you on hold while they look the part up, and come back and say no listing. is there anything else we can do for you??? "WELL, YOU COULD GET ME THE PART YOU HAD LISTED, FOR STARTERS" NO GOODBYE..............

tom4bren
08/21/2007, 11:26 AM
I got frustrated with the same thing when I was looking for rebuilt axles so I started to archive good places to go to for parts. If Y'all PM your favorite sources, I'll compile the list & post it here for future reference.

IndianaVX
08/21/2007, 07:23 PM
DOH.....i forgot to mention my "proof"

when i called converter geek, i got a guy named lenny, who was trying to set me up with cats, which all he could do was send me pictures of trooper cats, and wanted me to take the pic to the dealer to see if it would work, well, in the meantime, i called some parts warehouse, and i tell him what im looking for, and what da ya know, it was ole lenny telling me that i will never find what im looking for by calling different places, i needed to work with one person.........

sorry lenny, it wont be you............