PDA

View Full Version : Dragon has been sold

Vfrider1
08/13/2007, 10:08 AM
Well the Dragon has officially gone on to a new owner... :( :) I'm glad it is a member here on the board. I was afraid someone who did not understand or appreiciate the VX would get hold of her and destroy it. From what I under stand she will have a Proton as a stable mate!!!

I'm going to let things settle down a bit, then I will get another one... So everyone out there keep takin care of your VX's so I have a few good ones to choose from when it comes time... :cool:

Peace

John

Triathlete
08/13/2007, 10:36 AM
So who is the lucky dual VX owner?

biju
08/13/2007, 11:28 AM
At one time in the past she had a Proton as a stablemate and seemed quite happy! :p

sorry you had to part with her, John. best of luck to you.

who's the new owner?

-biju.

Vfrider1
08/13/2007, 01:46 PM
Hope I don't steal his thunder but the new owner is Jemorga...AKA John Morgan. :clap:

Heck of a nice guy and it has been a pleasure dealing with him.

John

jemorga
08/14/2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks John. You made it easy. The Dragon will have a good home. I love the VX's. And like I told you, if I should ever decide to get rid of one, you will have the first chance to get it. Also thanks to Biju for taking good care of it. It is a really good looking rig. I think I also mentioned getting a 99 then maybe some SC'd ones for each of the years and then maybe????? At that point she (my wife) wasn't laughing anymore. She knew I wasn't kidding. :)

biju
08/14/2007, 09:09 AM
Alas, she stays in the Denver area! Hurray! If you ever decide to part with that fender mirror, please contact me. ;)

Maybe I'll see her now and again if Denver VX'ers ever decide to finally get together...! :p

She's a beauty. I regret everyday she's not been in my garage. I'm sure John will too... regardless, I'm sure she's in good hands!! Enjoy!

-biju.

jemorga
08/14/2007, 11:51 AM
Biju-will for sure let you know if I ever decide to get rid of the mirror. It is kind of a unique fixture. I bought it for my wife to drive, but she really likes her Honda so I will be the one who puts the miles on it except for when it gets cold and snowy. She will be driving it then. I will be alternating it with the Proton so neither one gets upset until then. You did take good care of it except for some rock rubbing on the cladding. Thanks. :p

jemorga
08/14/2007, 12:11 PM
Biju-a question about the lights on the Dragon. I can't remember if when I got the tires from you in April if we talked about the plastic but did you polish the covers or were they like that anyway. They sure look good. If you polished them, how did you do it?

biju
08/14/2007, 12:25 PM
jemorga,

i bought that vx with 11k miles on it. the headlights were slightly fading, so i had them replaced under warranty. same with the hood insert and a few other items... I had a folder (small bible) of work invoices of everything I had done to her - the record for the headlights should be in there if the book was included with the sale...

the cladding, yes... that was scratched up in COZU in buena vista a year or so ago... i had planned on replacing those pieces, but didn't get to it before she sold to john. some 'stoner trim shine' and those scratches will blend into the mix and not be so visible... either that, or zaino brother's wheel shine elixir... (works great on our cladding).

-beej.

jemorga
08/16/2007, 05:08 AM
Biju-John did give me the bible. I hadn't had time to really look at it yet. The cladding isn't really that bad. I hardly notice it. But like I said, you really did take good care of it.