PDA

View Full Version : VX in the shop

Scott Harness
08/13/2007, 08:10 AM
What's happening to me. I found myself sitting in a 2007 Rubicon. Seriously thinking about it. I really don't want more payments though! Somebody stop me.

VX4EJR
08/13/2007, 08:29 AM
STOP! Don't get pulled into that new car smell and feel! Even a new ride will sooner lose that. Keep the VX dammit.

:p

Scott Harness
08/13/2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks I needed that :)

IndianaVX
08/13/2007, 08:54 AM
RUNNNN SCOTT-EST RUNNNNNNN!!!
get away from there.........
a quick and recent story.....i pulled into a gas station to get a pop, and a brand new rubicon pulled in next to my, uhh huge ugly work van. the people that got out were like, how should i say, muffy, and exavier, i dont like to judge people, but i just know that this couple will NEVER take that thing off the road, and they just had that air of snobbnishness. then the next day, same gas station, same objective with the pop, ANOTHER rubi pulles in, and another different couple, dressed in the same miami vice-ish clothes, same "air" about them, i dont know, i should stop.
anyway, i shouldnt say this either, but they (the rubicon, not these owners) do look capable, like i know anything.....
but i live in small town indiana, and here are two of them in as many days, and two for two on the type of owner. and i do see a few of them on the road as well.
where as the vx, all around more uniqie, and EVERY owner i have met thats owned one, is someone i can enjoy their company and consier a friend.
i was wishing soooooo bad that i could have benn in my vx, but it really wouldnt have mattered , these folks were clueless..........
dont become one ot "THEM" LOL

ZEUS
08/13/2007, 09:15 AM
I pulled into Famous Dave's this weekend and a Unlimited Rubi was leaving the parking lot... until he saw my VX! Then the driver stopped in his tracks and just about broke his neck looking at the Zeus. He sat there for over a minute with all passengers looking in the same direction... buyer's remorse or green with envy - the look is about the same. I am glad I didn't bite the bullet and buy a Rubicon a couple of months ago.

nfpgasmask
08/13/2007, 09:19 AM
Scott, your Ironman is one of the coolest, meanest Ironmans I have seen. No Jeep can replace it.

Bart

Scott Harness
08/13/2007, 11:48 AM
Normally when the new car bug bites me it's a done deal. The VX's fantastic ness(if that is a word) is what's stopping me. Idon't want payments,but a warranty would be nice.Finding parts would be nice. That is what mainly triggered the bug. One part is going to take 4-6 weeks ,another part 2weeks. My favorite dealer gave up their franchaise. They no longer stock any Isuzu parts. :mad: It will only get worse

nfpgasmask
08/13/2007, 11:55 AM
Scott, what's wrong with your VX?

I think about this sometimes too. But I look at it a little differently. I think I will keep my VX, and eventually buy something a little better on gas as a daily driver. I will most likely never buy a new vehicle again (except of course if Toyota releases the RSC, I am still sticking to that). I just don't see any reason to get rid of my VX. Buy another vehicle, yes, but not without my VX safe in the garage!

Bart

Normally when the new car bug bites me it's a done deal. The VX's fantastic ness(if that is a word) is what's stopping me. Idon't want payments,but a warranty would be nice.Finding parts would be nice. That is what mainly triggered the bug. One part is going to take 4-6 weeks ,another part 2weeks. My favorite dealer gave up their franchaise. They no longer stock any Isuzu parts. :mad: It will only get worse

Scott Harness
08/13/2007, 01:10 PM
One day as I was turning it felt like the wheel was going to fall off. Ilook under the VX and see the cv boot is torn. I thought the joint was bad,but it showed no signs (clacking on turns) before this instance. So Iwas looking for a half axle.That was the the 4-6 weeks part. Don't need that as it turns out, I need a speed sensor in the transfer case and a boot. When the speed sensor is acting up it makes your differential act weird.That's why there was a weird kind of jerking. There are several threads on this subject. I told the dealer to read up on this site.I believe alot of times the sensor just needs to be cleaned. Those times for parts are all factory.I did look around the net and still found nothing. We can still find parts it just going to be a hassle.

nfpgasmask
08/13/2007, 01:19 PM
Do you think your lift had anything to do with this problem? I am debating lifting mine...but I don't want the associated trouble...

Bart

One day as I was turning it felt like the wheel was going to fall off. Ilook under the VX and see the cv boot is torn. I thought the joint was bad,but it showed no signs (clacking on turns) before this instance. So Iwas looking for a half axle.That was the the 4-6 weeks part. Don't need that as it turns out, I need a speed sensor in the transfer case and a boot. When the speed sensor is acting up it makes your differential act weird.That's why there was a weird kind of jerking. There are several threads on this subject. I told the dealer to read up on this site.I believe alot of times the sensor just needs to be cleaned. Those times for parts are all factory.I did look around the net and still found nothing. We can still find parts it just going to be a hassle.

Scott Harness
08/13/2007, 01:47 PM
The lift does pull on the boots a little. Mine are just old, 103,000 miles. The boots I replaced on the other side are fine. The rubber just gets brittle.On another note my wife has a 30 hour layover in Reno. I might fly up there. If I do I"ll give you a call. I still have your cell# unless it's changed. p.s. Some people use these Green Monsters ???? they are extra strong and longer boots so the don't get pulled on.

nfpgasmask
08/13/2007, 02:05 PM
Sure thing man. Number is the same. Gimme a call if you are in town. We can meet up for some chow and drinks or whatever.

Bart

The lift does pull on the boots a little. Mine are just old, 103,000 miles. The boots I replaced on the other side are fine. The rubber just gets brittle.On another note my wife has a 30 hour layover in Reno. I might fly up there. If I do I"ll give you a call. I still have your cell# unless it's changed. p.s. Some people use these Green Monsters ???? they are extra strong and longer boots so the don't get pulled on.

tomdietrying
08/13/2007, 05:40 PM
Scott,
I talked to you yesterday, and my advice is the same. No car payments and owning one of the coolest vehicles around. Nuff said. :p
Peace.
Tom

VX crazy
08/13/2007, 06:25 PM
Scott, I ditto Tom on this one! I just paid mine off and am a little paranoid.....but still would rather the vx than any peace of mind new vehicle! And not sure I have ever driven anything this hard and long and still been this strong at this many miles! We have to stick together on this!!!

Scott Harness
08/14/2007, 04:18 AM
With a good nights sleep AND everyones great advice, I have came to my senses. The VX stays home! Thanks everyone. as I type this the BUG is knocking on the door. LOL

biju
08/14/2007, 05:17 AM
With a good nights sleep AND everyones great advice, I have came to my senses. The VX stays home! Thanks everyone. as I type this the BUG is knocking on the door. LOL
scott,

it's a nasty bug for sure... hard to shake to be honest. you're not alone! altho you've made a good choice imo.

-beej.

VX crazy
08/14/2007, 05:24 AM
Yeahhhh!! Lets see how many miles we can put on these babies!

nfpgasmask
08/14/2007, 06:42 AM
Scott, you have chosen....wisely. :)

Bart

WILLY
08/14/2007, 04:13 PM
Well i quess im behind the times lol,what the #$%& is a rubicon?

Scott Harness
08/14/2007, 04:18 PM
It's the top of the line Jeep Wrangler. Don't hate--lol