PDA

View Full Version : When your VX WAS a lemon....

wendysmiling
08/12/2007, 12:19 PM
We bought out 1999 Ironman in 2002 and it was a "lemon" car. It has 2 trannies replaced prior to our buying it, and one replaced soon after the purchase. There have been no serious problems since 2002. Would we get less money IF we sold it even though the problem had not persisted?

I'm also curious if any of your VX's were lemons.

rowhard
08/12/2007, 01:55 PM
insert 2 cents.
Anything made by man can be a lemon, and I am surprised that you had 2 lemon gearboxes, but I would think it should be okay, but that is my 2 cents.

rowhard
08/12/2007, 01:59 PM
P.S. really haven't heard anyone talking about matching number VX's,... yet

Ldub
08/12/2007, 02:01 PM
Would we get less money IF we sold it even though the problem had not persisted?

I'm also curious if any of your VX's were lemons.

My guess is that the former problems would show up on a carfax report... :(

Mine has had no major problems,...I'd say it was more of a tangerine...or maybe a mango. :p

Chopper
08/12/2007, 02:58 PM
I'm going with Mango....yeah, 0177 is more of a Mango

wendysmiling
08/12/2007, 04:20 PM
It does show as a lemon on CARFAX. If I ever decide to sell it, I guess I'm screwed even though there are no problems now. :rolleyes:

My guess is that the former problems would show up on a carfax report... :(

Mine has had no major problems,...I'd say it was more of a tangerine...or maybe a mango. :p

WILLY
08/12/2007, 05:18 PM
Well ya know im kind of anti carfax and bluebook all though they can be helpful when buying a vehicle they dont tell what the vehicle is like now!
just cause there is history and miles does not mean the vehicle is a pos at this point in its time on the planet so dont be too sure you wouldn't find a good buyer that would look at it for what it is now and not what some crappy carfax or bluebook that dont know all the truth about the vehicle says it is. ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/05-Photo_5.jpg