PDA

View Full Version : i signed, have you???

IndianaVX
08/07/2007, 08:30 PM
i found this today while mulling around the web for isuzu customer service,...this is a petition for customer service on our vehicross's. i couldnt find it here so i thought i would post it. i dont know many peoples REAL names, so its hard to tell, but i did see anita p, laurie (littlelaurie?) so anyway, dont know if it will do any good, but maybe sign it anyway..........

heres the link
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?vx2m9901

david

I was 154 8-8-07

IndianaVX
08/07/2007, 08:58 PM
found the origonal link to this. it does origonate from this site....Paulvx started it....

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1178&perpage=15&highlight=petition&pagenumber=1

IndianaVX
08/25/2007, 01:30 PM
bump.........

bentcipher
08/27/2007, 07:04 AM
Guys... we are all frustrated with the chronic issues our VXs keep having and we have very legitimate reasons for being so but, this petition /ain't gonna do sheeeet/ as far as its purpose is concerned.

They're not going to do anything unless there is a huge consumer safety risk that clearly shows their negligence, and can be proven so in the court of law; or there is imminent legal action (ABS unit comes to mind ;) ).

This petition is a good start, but to get this done right, we need someone who is either practicing consumer law, knows somebody who does, or knows enough to get it started and get somebody who does. It is not an easy path but as far as Isuzu is concerned - they already sold us the vehicle, Vx is no longer in production, it's not killing anybody or causing severe harm - I'm sorry to say this but I don't even see how after 6 years Isuzu would even consider having any liability and taking responsibility.

It sucks but I repeat, unless we get some legal muscle on our side, there is absolutely nothing they will do - and even then it may not be enough. "Please help us" doesn't get things done, "Please help us or we will proceed with the following legal actions..." does. Someone needs to organize this, document, conduct surveys and questionnaires, research liability and legal recourse options, etc... ABS unit may be a good start.

-d

IndianaVX
08/27/2007, 12:03 PM
i dont feel it will do anything either, really......but it is a document to refer to, of vehicross owners who are dissatisfied with customer support. i forgot to look, but i think there have been 133 views of this thread, and i think only 18 of those 133 (i assume) have signed, maybe for the reason you stated, but who knows. but as i stated, it would be nice to be able to be all fired up, and when talking to isuzu support to be able to say, "its not just me, but i have 3687 other owners who are dissatisfied how you handle the issues with this truck"

it has a little less thump when you say " there are 178 owners who agree, and are dissatisfied"
hmmm, 4153 trucks(?), 178 angry owners

your point is taken, and im not sure the intent of this pettition was for the purpose of pursueing a class action or anything.......but thats just my opinon,

this situation im in, i personally right now am angry with the engeneering dept of isuzu, and their parts distruibution, or lack there of. i found this while looking on the web for isuzu customer support. it would be easy for isuzu to see, and im sure some one at isuzu has seen this, just like possible lurkers here, i know that isuzu know that petition is out there, and they know we are here on vx.info
ill step down now :)

bentcipher
08/28/2007, 11:52 AM
Agreed.

Not to get too sidetracked but it's worth mentioning:
- Possibly one of the more successful campaigns I've seen to get the maker to replace anything was with BMWNA. Problem was with pixelation on odometer, radio, and climate controls - this particular case was BMW 740iL 97+. Here is a link - it's a good read.

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/52513

And although BMWNA never actually admitted fault and treated each issue on "per case" basis, they still had a pretty good number of these replaced. I've had first hand experience with this, mine was a 97 740iL with about 130k highway miles about 3 years ago. They paid for everything except labor. :)