PDA

View Full Version : Toyota MegaCruiser

VXD959
08/04/2007, 12:48 PM
Here is a little competition for the Hummer....

Megacruiser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N-zgs8j-z8)

Griffin
08/04/2007, 01:04 PM
Seems they are based off the same chassis. Its sweet though. How much?

:p

ZEUS
08/04/2007, 01:19 PM
Who else made a Hummer wannabe? Was it Avante or something? GM sued them to force them to change their design because it was too similar too the Hummer. Anyway, this is the 2nd Hummer rip-off I have seen! I think it is ridiculous and a slap in their own face that they can't come up with something that looks original. The Hummer is old already, come up with something original!

WyrreJ
08/04/2007, 01:32 PM
I agree, with a name like megacruiser I was expecting something rounded off and curveacous like a space-ship, and with gun pods, or at least search-light pods. Borrrrrrrrrring.

Griffin
08/05/2007, 06:10 PM
Who else made a Hummer wannabe? Was it Avante or something? GM sued them to force them to change their design because it was too similar too the Hummer. Anyway, this is the 2nd Hummer rip-off I have seen! I think it is ridiculous and a slap in their own face that they can't come up with something that looks original. The Hummer is old already, come up with something original!

Well I think the reason it is so similar is because Toyota and GM are kinda together. I think they were bought by GM.

WormGod
08/06/2007, 06:06 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/31/Dothack_hack_logo.png

Boy, thats the most unique thing Toyota has ever put out in 30 years. :rolleyes:

custom
08/06/2007, 07:23 AM
Well I think the reason it is so similar is because Toyota and GM are kinda together. I think they were bought by GM.

Err, no, GM did not buy Toyota. I think it looks like a cross between the H1 and the MB G-Wagen.

JAFO
08/06/2007, 08:04 AM

Err, no, GM did not buy Toyota. I think it looks like a cross between the H1 and the MB G-Wagen.
With the way GM is going it is more likely that Toyota would buy GM.

Triathlete
08/06/2007, 09:48 AM
They stole the grill from an Ascender! Not so impressed. Other than the rear steer my VX could do everything that they did in that video.

circmand
08/06/2007, 09:51 AM
Actually GM owns about 20% of the outstanding Toyota stock making them a majority stockholder. That does not mean they own a majority of the stock but own enough to get their way. That is what created the GM/Toyota agreement. They are simply using as many of the same parts and make it a little different for the people who wont buy Gm any longer but want the badness of the Hummer.

pbkid
08/07/2007, 09:25 PM
just wanted to add my 2 cents...
fujitsu ten is a huge company and i doubt they would allow gm to buy them...
secondly toyota corolla or camry not exactly sure is the biggest selling car ever made....so they are kinda on top...
oh and about them not being original...umm the FJ will outwheel most vehicles, ive heard many people say it, including todd who does plenty of his share of wheeling...
but yes i agree, its ugly and does steal many lines of the hummer

circmand
08/08/2007, 04:27 AM
PBKID not sure how familiar you are with stock but a company does not have any control over who buys their stock. Back a few decades ago GM was flush a Toyota was putting out little 3 and 4 cyl. cars only. Gm thought it would be a prudent step to buy a lot of their stock as a step into the Japanese market for them. Turns out it was a good investment but not for the reason they thought. Not sure what statistics you are using for the best selling car ever but using scientific principals you are wrond. The egnerally accepted measure is sales versus other car sales. For that last time I looked the Model T won. Another scientific method is sales over time versus the total amount of sales for that the VW Beetle has the record. The Corolla while the most popular Japanese car ever sold does not qualify for the best selling ever. Given that you did not evenknow which car it was I suspect you really did not know the facts either. Good Bluff though.

ZEUS
08/08/2007, 05:58 AM
oh and about them not being original...umm the FJ will outwheel most vehicles, ive heard many people say it, including todd who does plenty of his share of wheeling...

And what does the FJ's offroading prowess have to do with the Megacruiser's lack of originality? :confused:

circmand
08/08/2007, 08:59 AM
It's weird I just saw one of these when I went to lunch today. I like the look but the way the tail lights stick out they are just asking to be broken off if you go out 4 wheeling.

etlsport
08/08/2007, 09:02 AM
PBKID not sure how familiar you are with stock but a company does not have any control over who buys their stock. Back a few decades ago GM was flush a Toyota was putting out little 3 and 4 cyl. cars only. Gm thought it would be a prudent step to buy a lot of their stock as a step into the Japanese market for them. Turns out it was a good investment but not for the reason they thought. Not sure what statistics you are using for the best selling car ever but using scientific principals you are wrond. The egnerally accepted measure is sales versus other car sales. For that last time I looked the Model T won. Another scientific method is sales over time versus the total amount of sales for that the VW Beetle has the record. The Corolla while the most popular Japanese car ever sold does not qualify for the best selling ever. Given that you did not evenknow which car it was I suspect you really did not know the facts either. Good Bluff though.

from wikipedia...
Best-selling models:

* Best-selling car nameplate - Toyota Corolla (more than 32,000,000 sold in nine generations since 1966)
* Best-selling vehicle nameplate - Toyota Corolla (more than 32,000,000 sold in nine generations since 1966)
* Best-selling single model - Volkswagen Beetle (21,529,464 of the same basic design sold worldwide between 1938 and 2003)
* Best-selling 2-seat car - Chevrolet Corvette (1,302,401 sold between 1953 and 2003 (1,407,858 between 1953 and 2006, not including 2006 Z06)) [6]
* Best single-year sales - >1,000,000 - Chevrolet Impala, 1965.[7]
* Best single-month sales - 126,905 - July 2005 Ford F-Series [8]
* Best Selling Minivan - Dodge Caravan, over 11,000,000 sold.

i dunno for sure but im guessing the vehicle nameplate means it includes all sub models (hatchback, wagon, sedan, LX etc)

circmand
08/08/2007, 09:30 AM
ETLSPORT

1. I can go to Wikipedia and enter that the VX is the best selling airplane ever sold and can do 100mph in reverse.
2. They do sell a lot and it is all the name plates.
3. Scientifically just the amount sold does not qualify as best selling car (though the guy said biggest selling) you need to compare number sold versus total sold. When the population double and people have 2 or 3 cars you are selling more cars. So even a lesser brand can seem better sold

So from Automall portal here are the top 5 best selling cars ever

5. The Ford Model T

4. The VW Beetle

3. The VW Gulf

2. Ford F Series Pick UP

and the number 1 best selling car ever? The Toyota Carolla. Wait hold it a second.. That would mean I am wrong. That can't be. Someone must have changed the information. My apologies to PBKID

JHarris1385
08/08/2007, 12:41 PM
Wow someone took this one off topic. Nice corolla bickering.

pbkid
08/08/2007, 10:07 PM
oh no worries, ive heard that it was the largest selling car ever from multiple places, including car and driver i believe but oh well i didnt consider it important enough to research.
second with the four wheeling thing i was responding to worm god saying that toyota didnt put out anything interesting...

ZEUS
08/09/2007, 04:56 AM
second with the four wheeling thing i was responding to worm god saying that toyota didnt put out anything interesting...

Ah, I see. You know, I wish Toyota would put out that RSC thing - that is the coolest concept I have seen Toyota come out with IMO.

mdwyer
08/09/2007, 12:48 PM
I can go to Wikipedia and enter that the VX is the best selling airplane ever sold and can do 100mph in reverse.

You could... but it wouldn't last long. I bet either Johnnyapollo or I would fix it within 2 days -- probably less.