PDA

View Full Version : Funny wheeling incident

Nerve_Gas
08/04/2007, 09:03 AM
So the other day my friend and I went down to my family's river place to do some shooting and a little light wheeling. After a great day, including everything from absolutely destroying the woods at the end of out makeshift range to getting one of my tires almost a foot off the ground, something horrible happened. We were leaving and I decided to cut through some sand...Needless to say when I lost forward momentum I got stuck. The more I tried to get out the more stuck I got, as usual. So about the time that I buried the rear axle I had to walk back to my property to get my tractor.

I think I have to much power going to the rear end cause every time I try to get out it just dug deeper and deeper. I wish I had had the camera though because my gas tank was about 2 inches into the sand. You don't want to know what it took to get it out. Lets just say that between 4 guys, 2 shovels, a few 1x6's, and a New Holland 4x4 tractor that has a rear locker we got it out. And our tractor isn't little. The rear tires come up to the base of my neck and I'm 6'0 or so with my boots on to give you an idea. But it was ridiculous, but its all in good fun.

CrnCnn
08/04/2007, 12:12 PM
Sand sucks, I understand if you are able to air down for it I will be easier. Just what I heard.

Nerve_Gas
08/04/2007, 12:29 PM
Thats usually pretty true. Packed sand is fine but loose sand is horrible. This was the really loose wind blown sand that appeared to have no end. Low pressure or not I wasn't getting out.

WormGod
08/06/2007, 05:57 AM
Not so bad now, are ya, huh? :p

Ya, I always dread the sand. I have my VX down at Assateague Isle quite a bit and driving on the beach "can" be tricky. I personally have not had my VX stuck in it, but I have seen all types of vehicles stuck in it from factory to really modified. I think the key is, once you feel you are losing traction and feel "the stuck" coming on, stop, and put a 2x2 piece of wood under the front of the tire that is losing grip and slowly accel out of it. Seems to work 100% of the time.

AREA 51
08/08/2007, 06:13 AM
Next time try easy gas pedal in winter mode.