PDA

View Full Version : Ten Vehicles for the Apocalypse - missing the VX

k4tmc
08/03/2007, 02:19 PM
Why didn't the VX make this list?
http://autos.aol.com/article/general/v2/_a/ten-vehicles-for-the-apocalypse/20070730213709990001

nfpgasmask
08/03/2007, 02:38 PM
Save for the Track T-800CDI, that list is pretty sad....

Bart

Why didn't the VX make this list?
http://autos.aol.com/article/general/v2/_a/ten-vehicles-for-the-apocalypse/20070730213709990001

Knigh7s
08/03/2007, 03:23 PM
Save for the Track T-800CDI, that list is pretty sad....

Bart

Thats what I was thinking. Track T-800CDI+VX=Domination! Now all we need is a topmount minigun for some protection from all those other ppl that would be hating!

JoFotoz
08/03/2007, 06:51 PM
...with ramps to put the VX on top...

...and the T-800CDI bolted to the back.

That pretty much covers all the bases!

jo

Nerve_Gas
08/03/2007, 07:26 PM
Wow that list is really sad and I hate to say it but the Vx isn't on my apocalypse list either. Its just not strong enough and you can't put much in it. Plus it would take way to much to armor it and there is no way to make it an offensive/defensive vehicle.

My list (not including tanks):
1: Super terra bus (Transport)
2: Mil-spec HMMWV (Light transport)
3: DPV/LSV (light recon)
4: Bowler wildcat (Medium recon/ high speed bait)
5: Dodge RAM 3500 crew cab dually 4x4 (Equipment transport)
6: Mil-spec 5 ton (transport)
7: Mil-spec Army SF HMMWV (heavy recon)
8: Mil-spec heavy duty wrecker (I wonder what that could be for?)
9: Landrover Defender 110, The Army SF version (Medium recon)
10: LCAC (just for good measure)

Also, when is everyone going to realize that we don't have some indestructible crazy one of a kind machine. All we basically have is a rodeo with a body kit. Thats all it really is. Don't get me wrong I love it to death but please its just as simple as any other SUV.

Ldub
08/03/2007, 08:14 PM
That list should have included an AMC Pacer. (mirthmobile...excellent) :rolleyes:
Not only could you use it to get around the post apocalyptic landscape, but you could also turn it into a terrarium & raise salimanders as a source of food... :cool:

mdwyer
08/03/2007, 08:50 PM
That list should have included an AMC Pacer. (mirthmobile...excellent) :rolleyes:

I'm sort of thinking that a 1981 Dodge Aries K-Car would be a good idea, too. If "The Grape" survived my 'care' for that long, then zombies or whatever would be no problem at all! :)

On a similar note, I found out that the remake of Day of the Dead takes place in my hometown in Colorado! (Actually filmed in Bulgaria... but really, what's the difference?!) So I've been pondering the zombie problem of late. Personally, I think no matter what I drive, I'm gonna be zombie chow as soon as I can't get gasoline out of the pumps...

Which brings me to my last point -- you're gonna want a diesel. You're going to want an engine that will run on stale french fry oil, if it needs to. I think Nerve's got the spirit of it...

Nerve_Gas
08/04/2007, 04:30 AM
So I've been pondering the zombie problem of late. Personally, I think no matter what I drive, I'm gonna be zombie chow as soon as I can't get gasoline out of the pumps...

Which brings me to my last point -- you're gonna want a diesel. You're going to want an engine that will run on stale french fry oil, if it needs to. I think Nerve's got the spirit of it...

I am so driven by the idea of a zombie apocalypse lol.

I completely agree. You want diesel and multi-fuel engines. I mean military style multi-fuel not Chevy's new crap. You want engines that will run off of anything that will burn. I mean you can almost make the mil-spec multi-fuel engines run off of twigs and deer urine.

VehiGAZ
08/06/2007, 04:26 AM
The VX is not a good post-apocalypse vehicle - if you think finding parts is tough now, just wait until after all has been laid waste and the zombies roam the landscape.

I like that DAF 95 though!

WormGod
08/06/2007, 06:33 AM
The VX didnt make that list because it is the CAUSE of the apocalypse. We are the Decepticons compared to those Autobot creations. ;)

We shall stand alone, and shall be the victors!

WyrreJ
08/06/2007, 12:42 PM
Speaking of random zombiness, check this out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hMnk7lh9M3o

cyronman
08/06/2007, 01:57 PM
Speaking of random zombiness, check this out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hMnk7lh9M3o

I guess that's quite a buzz on the web these days.

That "female" lead character/prisoner was scarier alone than Thriller when it came out.

WyrreJ
08/06/2007, 04:52 PM
Well, it's a men's prison, so its a bakla or nothing. I didn't realize it was popular, I got the link from some filipino friends.