PDA

View Full Version : 30k dealer visit!!

jamessmith
08/01/2007, 07:00 PM
Folks,

The time has arrived for me to take my baby in for the 30K check -up.Now besides what's in the owners manual, are they any additional items that should be done??
THANKS

VehiGAZ
08/02/2007, 04:40 AM
Only 30k on it?! Wow!! Hmm, what else to have them do? Well, it might be time for a wash. ;-)

I have only had "the usual" stuff done on mine at the 30k service intervals. Just make sure they do it all. I don't think they did a very good job on my 60k service - too many unusual noises and smells, but it came out purring like a kitten after my 90k service.

Good luck!

nfpgasmask
08/02/2007, 06:57 AM
I would say rather than having them just change your trans fluid, you might consider having them change the fluid AND the filter. When I bought my VX it had just under 30k and I was shifting hard. When I drained my fluid it was BLACK and smelled way burnt. I changed my filter too, and ever since I have been shifting smooth as glass. Just a suggestion. I am gonna do another trans service on mine at 60-65k.

Bart

VehiGAZ
08/02/2007, 09:11 AM
They will try to talk you out of it though. They use a machine which flushes the fluid and back-washes the filter that they insist works perfectly. To change the filter, they will have to open up the transmission, and they won't want to do that.

nfpgasmask
08/02/2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah, that's why ended up doing mine myself, and yes indeed it is a pain, but it is worth it. I think with our VXes the two most import things to maintain are the engine and the trans.....I guess that's any vehicle though.

Bart

They will try to talk you out of it though. They use a machine which flushes the fluid and back-washes the filter that they insist works perfectly. To change the filter, they will have to open up the transmission, and they won't want to do that.