PDA

View Full Version : This Forum ROCKS !!!

Ldub
08/01/2007, 05:17 PM
While reading through different threads, & I'm sorry I can't remember who posted it, I came across something having to do with fuel line routing...didn't really think much about it at the time.
In any event, it triggered something in the recesses of what's left of my grey gorp & every once in a while, for no reason I'd find myself thinking of my supply line & it's close proximity to the EGR valve.
Tonight, while doing some other stuff under the hood, I caught a whiff of hi-test that got my attention. After a bit of investigation, I found that the normal torque motion of the engine had wedged my improperly secured fuel line solidly between one of the hard pipes of the cooling system & the EGR block...& that thing gets really HOT.
Of course, after removing the EGR & re-routing the fuel line & putting everything back together, I had a worse fuel leak than before... :mad:
Sooo, my morning project before work is to replace that section of fuel line.(I'm so lucky to have a great employer)
The point I'm getting to is, without all the great info found here & the people who share my addiction to this special little hot-rod, I could have theoretically been a fireball sometime in the next few days. :eek:

Thanks to this whole group, y'all are the best! :cool:

ZEUS
08/01/2007, 06:28 PM
Well then, I am glad you are still with us Mr. Dubs! Nice catch BTW. I think I will lay underneath my VX again this weekend and see what craziness I can find!

etlsport
08/01/2007, 06:32 PM
nice catch! i was thinking the other day.. how does the rest of the world live... like what to they do when they let off the gas and there is a grinding sound coming from the front wheels? take it to a shop? how much does the shop charge/how long does it take for said shop to figure out that there is a rock wedged between the rotor and dust shield? i got that answer for free in about 10 minutes! hats off to all you spectacular VXers out there

nfpgasmask
08/01/2007, 07:01 PM
Oh man, that's good that you caught that.

I can see it now:

"FARGO MAN EXPLODES IN HEAVILY MODIFIED SUV"

Larry W., of Fargo, ND has become a living legend on an Internet forum where he was lovingly known as "Ldub". On the morning of August 2, 2007, his suped up Isuzu SUV exploded on I-94 in heavy traffic, sending flames, shrapnel and bits of a plastic skull, as well as bits of his own cranium, all over the asphalt. His loss comes as a shock to all who knew him, etc, etc, etc..."

:p

Seriously, lets all try to keep ourselves out of the newspaper! ...sorry for my vivid, and sometimes out of place imagination. It scares me too ;)

Bart

IndianaVX
08/01/2007, 07:04 PM
yes, yes, forum great.........flaming, exploding vx's bad....very very bad....
this could be considered more a knowledge base than forum....found many answers here searching and reading, and even more answers after asking. and even more, as great a fourm that this is, its the people here, imo, that make it so great.
thanks guys and gals

rowhard
08/02/2007, 02:38 AM
clarification please. This is/was a problem on your modified VX. The stock VX does not have this fuel line routing problem, correct?

Ldub
08/02/2007, 03:37 AM
clarification please. This is/was a problem on your modified VX. The stock VX does not have this fuel line routing problem, correct?

That is correct.

A stock VX can go through life with very few, if any, problems...you have to really work at it to create all the other shizz that lifted, s/c'd, etc. VX'rs sometimes get to deal with. ;)

BTW, nice eulogy there Bart...made me LOL. I want you there when it's my turn for the dirt nap. :cool:

VehiGAZ
08/02/2007, 04:52 AM
Yeah, this place is great - it is so helpful to be able to mine the group's actual experiences in running/modding/fixing their VXs! I've had similar experiences on the 928 forums on Rennlist - their technical knowledge is unbelievable! Of course, 928s were built for almost 20 years with tens of thousands of cars on the road.

It's all because of the internet - without it, we'd never know how to find each other and wouldn't be able to figure out what's true and what's BS.

Btw, it was Wormgod who posted about rerouting the fuel line when installing the supercharger.

WormGod
08/02/2007, 05:33 AM
Info swappage ------> AWESOME!

Sure wish the re-route could boost another 25hp out of the S/C though. :p

I remember when I had that issue Dub, it put the fear of Rosie O'Donnell in me. :eek:

Scott Harness
08/02/2007, 06:09 AM
The knowledge on this site is fantastic! Good work Ldub.

nfpgasmask
08/02/2007, 06:27 AM
Yeah, sorry for that. When I thought of it, it sounded funnier in my mind, but by the time I finished typing it, it just sounded plain scary! Stay off that highway today for me ;)

And speaking of un-modded VXes not having weird problems, vs modded VXes having all the weirdness, how concerned should I be about a 1-2" lift?

I know this isn't the time or the thread, but I keep thinking about it. I think it is the final BIG mod that would make my beast look that much meaner. One or two inches is all I really want, just enough to fit some bigger rubber (I am thinking the Toyo M/Ts) and give me a little more clearance.

I just don't want all the weirdness.

:) Bart

BTW, nice eulogy there Bart...made me LOL. I want you there when it's my turn for the dirt nap. :cool:

Ldub
08/02/2007, 07:58 AM
Yeah, sorry for that. When I thought of it, it sounded funnier in my mind, but by the time I finished typing it, it just sounded plain scary! Stay off that highway today for me ;)

And speaking of un-modded VXes not having weird problems, vs modded VXes having all the weirdness, how concerned should I be about a 1-2" lift?

I know this isn't the time or the thread, but I keep thinking about it. I think it is the final BIG mod that would make my beast look that much meaner. One or two inches is all I really want, just enough to fit some bigger rubber (I am thinking the Toyo M/Ts) and give me a little more clearance.

No worries Bart...like I said, it made my day & I got quite a good chuckle out of your faux eulogy. ;) :cool:

I don't think you need to worry too much about an inch or two of lift...but bear in mind, any time you move away from stock, wether it's s/c, lift, larger tires, etc...you do put increased stress on parts.
I look at it this way, Isuzu builds a pretty stout product for the most part, & I'm willing to gamble on the perceived notion of their product being well engineered enough to handle a little extra stress. If I'm wrong, I'm also willing to do what it takes to make the necessary repairs.

When you do decide, I have a set of OME 912's (used less than a year) with your name on em' that I'll let you have for a C-note + shipping. ;)

That is, IF you decide to go that route. :cool:

nfpgasmask
08/02/2007, 08:43 AM
Cool Dub, I will definitely take you up on that. Now, from everything I have been told from my boys here in Reno, all I need to do is put on the new springs in the rear and crank up my front end a little to acheive 1-2"s.....??

It sounds pretty easy. I would do it right now, but the though of spending another $1500 on tires kinda makes me throw up in my mouth a little. So I think I should at least wear out my BFG A/Ts.

With a 1" lift I am guess I will hardly notice a thing, but with 2"s I will be putting my CVs at more of an angle, correct? I mean, I have seen your lift and Ascinder's big 4"s and it is extreme, so I would like to play it as safe as I can without too much additional stress on the truck.

:rolleyes: -Bart

No worries Bart...like I said, it made my day & I got quite a good chuckle out of your faux eulogy. ;) :cool:

I don't think you need to worry too much about an inch or two of lift...but bear in mind, any time you move away from stock, wether it's s/c, lift, larger tires, etc...you do put increased stress on parts.
I look at it this way, Isuzu builds a pretty stout product for the most part, & I'm willing to gamble on the perceived notion of their product being well engineered enough to handle a little extra stress. If I'm wrong, I'm also willing to do what it takes to make the necessary repairs.

When you do decide, I have a set of OME 912's (used less than a year) with your name on em' that I'll let you have for a C-note + shipping. ;)

That is, IF you decide to go that route. :cool:

CrnCnn
08/02/2007, 09:12 AM
Cool Dub, I will definitely take you up on that. Now, from everything I have been told from my boys here in Reno, all I need to do is put on the new springs in the rear and crank up my front end a little to acheive 1-2"s.....??

It sounds pretty easy. I would do it right now, but the though of spending another $1500 on tires kinda makes me throw up in my mouth a little. So I think I should at least wear out my BFG A/Ts.

With a 1" lift I am guess I will hardly notice a thing, but with 2"s I will be putting my CVs at more of an angle, correct? I mean, I have seen your lift and Ascinder's big 4"s and it is extreme, so I would like to play it as safe as I can without too much additional stress on the truck.

:rolleyes: -Bart

Like I told you at Bully's if you want some help call me up. I am really thinking lately about making some diff drop brackets, like Ascinder and BigmeatVX, to help take some stress off my CV's. I know a few people that might be able to help me and also help me with a skid plate.

nfpgasmask
08/02/2007, 09:21 AM
Hey Clint, how much of a lift did you do again? Was it 2"s?

I will definitely call you guys when I am ready.

Bart

Like I told you at Bully's if you want some help call me up. I am really thinking lately about making some diff drop brackets, like Ascinder and BigmeatVX, to help take some stress off my CV's. I know a few people that might be able to help me and also help me with a skid plate.

ZEUS
08/02/2007, 09:29 AM
Let's really screw up this thread! ;) Why not try out Beau's adjustable coil buckets - start out with 1" and when your tires go bald, step up to 2" lift and add bigger tires! Then when those tires seem too small you can add Dub's springs and go 4" - 5" with 34-35" tires!!!! :rolleyes: It is a vicious cycle...

nfpgasmask
08/02/2007, 09:31 AM
I mean, I would probably be happy with only 1". I just want a little bit more clearance and the ability to put on a little bit bigger tires.

Bart

Let's really screw up this thread! ;) Why not try out Beau's adjustable coil buckets - start out with 1" and when your tires go bald, step up to 2" lift and add bigger tires! Then when those tires seem too small you can add Dub's springs and go 4" - 5" with 34-35" tires!!!! :rolleyes: It is a vicious cycle...

ZEUS
08/02/2007, 10:53 AM
I mean, I would probably be happy with only 1". I just want a little bit more clearance and the ability to put on a little bit bigger tires.

Bart

And I mean, that is how it always starts.... :)

nfpgasmask
08/02/2007, 10:59 AM
Its like guns and tatoos, once you get one, you can't stop!

And I mean, that is how it always starts.... :)

JHarris1385
08/02/2007, 11:20 AM
Its like guns and tatoos, once you get one, you can't stop!

Guns are bad, umm kay?

CrnCnn
08/02/2007, 11:42 AM
To get back on point and to agree with Ldub.

This forum does ROCK. I mean, we have old men to young beautiful models who enjoy this Vehicle and this Forum. I really only check a few other places regularly and don’t spend nearly as much on those forums as I do here. I am glad to talk to all of you and to think that a vehicle could have brought us all together in one way or another.

nfpgasmask
08/02/2007, 12:46 PM
Not to once again get off course, and not to open a can of worms, but I think that automobiles are FAR WORSE for the planet, and all life that dwells on it, than guns. The streets we have paved are nothing more than scars on the earth. The pollution we generate with our vehicles is choking the life out of our planet, and the oil we fight over to keep us rolling is what causes guns to be used in the first place. And don't get me started on roadkill, drunk driving, traffic, accidents, rubber, junkyards, speeding tickets, seat belts...ad nauseum.

Bart

Guns are bad, umm kay?

JHarris1385
08/02/2007, 01:10 PM
Not to once again get off course, and not to open a can of worms, but I think that automobiles are FAR WORSE for the planet, and all life that dwells on it, than guns. The streets we have paved are nothing more than scars on the earth. The pollution we generate with our vehicles is choking the life out of our planet, and the oil we fight over to keep us rolling is what causes guns to be used in the first place. And don't get me started on roadkill, drunk driving, traffic, accidents, rubber, junkyards, speeding tickets, seat belts...ad nauseum.

Bart

I was joking fair share. I am a member of the NRA and compete in shooting competions in my neck of the woods. I was just quoting South Park umkay?

I would like to hear what you have to say about roadkill though, sounds interesting. And you mean rubber for tires right?

P.S. this forum is awesome I have saved countless dollars and time. I would also would be EXTREMLY bored at work if I did not have this to check. I am signed in ALL day when im here twerking. Thanks to everyone who has had any input to any of my questions. I hope to meet some of you. So far I have only met Joe Jkstepens on here. Like the chick says to me. "All of you on the forums have got to have some similar personality triat somewhere becuase not everyone goes the extremes you do to get a VX. Yeah lots of strangers like the VX alot and tell you about it, but do you ever see them flying into Chicago and then driving into Wiscansin just to get one, do you??" I could go on and on about this forum and the VX alone but thats another day and stuff/feeling you already know and experience. I consider it my dream car. I had the hot wheel over 10years ago and fell in love with the radical styling. Thanks to all who share their knowledge and opinions when I request them

John-

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/02/2007, 02:00 PM
Thats why this is the only site that I support on the web. It has saved me so much time & money when it comes to maintaining my VX. I can almost always find info on a particular subject and that sets the stage for how to follow through either myself or via my mechanic. Plus, connecting us to the few people that provide all the various custom add-ons that virtually don't exist elsewhere. Without this site I'd probably have a stock VX with only a hitch, bra, mudflaps and window vent-visors! I wouldn't have known about how to fit aftermarket rims & tires either! Learned all about Offset & Backspacing and stuff right here!!! I owe alot of gratitude to this site for anything I've done to my VX! Thanks everyone ;)

Ldub
08/02/2007, 02:00 PM
To get back on point and to agree with Ldub.

This forum does ROCK. I mean, we have old men to young beautiful models who enjoy this Vehicle and this Forum.

UHhhhhh...which one am I again ??? :confused:

And Bart...if you're seriously concerned about roadkill/recycling...I could forward some recipies that I got from my crew down Lousianne way.
Them boys down there knows how ta cook!

Think of roadkill this way...It's just cars thinnin' the not so smart ones out of the gene pool...given a few hundred thousand years, I'll bet road kill will be a distant memory.
EVERYTHING has to evolve eventually... :p

BTW, did I mention...THIS FORUM ROCKS !!!

nfpgasmask
08/02/2007, 02:01 PM
Hey John, I figured you were joking, but it did make me think about the impact of the automobile on our planet. Like I said above, not to completely jack this thread again, but I firmly believe, that automobiles are the single most destructive and detrimental invention human beings have ever created. From pollution, to roads, to wars for oil, its all because of cars. And roadkill just bothers me. I hate seeing dead animals on the road (and destroyed VXes from hitting deer). Its just a waste.

But anyway, yes, this forum does rock. Its rocks far and beyond, and much harder than any other online forum I have ever been on. Right from day one I felt welcomed, and accepted. There are a lot of other forums I am part of, and quite honeslty, I find most of them "cliqueish" and all to often quite childish.

Interesting what you have to say about a common personality trait running through us VXers. I would say there must be something we all have in common for sure. If I could guess, it would think its a desire to deviate from the norm. Instead of blending in, we would rather stick out...

Bart

PS - Trey Parker and Matt Stone for president in '08.

I was joking fair share. I am a member of the NRA and compete in shooting competions in my neck of the woods. I was just quoting South Park umkay?

I would like to hear what you have to say about roadkill though, sounds interesting. And you mean rubber for tires right?

P.S. this forum is awesome I have saved countless dollars and time. I would also would be EXTREMLY bored at work if I did not have this to check. I am signed in ALL day when im here twerking. Thanks to everyone who has had any input to any of my questions. I hope to meet some of you. So far I have only met Joe Jkstepens on here. Like the chick says to me. "All of you on the forums have got to have some similar personality triat somewhere becuase not everyone goes the extremes you do to get a VX. Yeah lots of strangers like the VX alot and tell you about it, but do you ever see them flying into Chicago and then driving into Wiscansin just to get one, do you??" I could go on and on about this forum and the VX alone but thats another day and stuff/feeling you already know and experience. I consider it my dream car. I had the hot wheel over 10years ago and fell in love with the radical styling. Thanks to all who share their knowledge and opinions when I request them

John-

nfpgasmask
08/02/2007, 02:06 PM
Well Ldub,

If you haven't figured it out yet, I like animals and trees better than most people, and while we might be "smarter" in many ways, it is that intelligence that has somehow lead us down a path to imminent destruction. So I really don't know who is smart and who is stupid...its all a matter of perception if you ask me!

Think of roadkill this way...It's just cars thinnin' the not so smart ones out of the gene pool...given a few hundred thousand years, I'll bet road kill will be a distant memory.
EVERYTHING has to evolve eventually... :p

Ldub
08/02/2007, 02:16 PM
Well Ldub,

If you haven't figured it out yet, I like animals and trees better than most people, and while we might be "smarter" in many ways, it is that intelligence that has somehow lead us down a path to imminent destruction. So I really don't know who is smart and who is stupid...its all a matter of perception if you ask me!

I prefer most plants & animals to most people too... (most of the regular crew around here is on my short list) however, I can't resist jerkin' yer chain every once in a while. No offence meant. ;)

nfpgasmask
08/02/2007, 02:38 PM
Oh man, you just caught me in one of my serious moments. :) No offence taken. Its just one of those "topics" for me. :) And trust me dude, I know you were just jerkin' my chain! ;)

And on another note, unfortunately, animals do taste good. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat chickens anymore. I just love the taste of those dumb little birds! :p

Bart

I prefer most plants & animals to most people too... (most of the regular crew around here is on my short list) however, I can't resist jerkin' yer chain every once in a while. No offence meant. ;)

ZEUS
08/02/2007, 02:49 PM
You know, a few days ago I started thinking of vanity plates for when my tags expire...

VEHIROCS or V ROX or VEHIROX or V ROCS or V ROCSS

You know, since BOTH the VX and this site ROCK!!! Ironic... don't you think?

http://www.viva.tv/Common/Image/field/pic_big_teaser/id/40414/filename/beavis.jpg

Chopper
08/02/2007, 03:21 PM
I like all animals, most plants, some fungus, certain yeasts, and a couple of bacterium more than I like people. Bart and I apparently have a lot in common. I've managed to remain pretty "timbered up" most of my life. Yep...there's a pistola of some sort in every room, even the guest bathroom, a shotgun in the bedroom, and a little something-something in each of our vehicles. Not a fanatic (though when you put it in print, it sounds a bit scary) I don't hunt, I don't kill, I don't hurt...we'll never be easy victims. We also have a proactive alarm system....Bob, Chopper, Krystal, Raisin, and Ju Ju Bee... two Weimaraners, two red Bulls, and an amazing Russel type terrier thing. All but the weimers are rescues.

etlsport
08/02/2007, 03:40 PM
i agree with u bart that cars have had a much larger impact on the world than guns... but i think that in every day life... guns cause much more harm.. at least for me... when im out.. id say 95% of the time i have at least one knife on me.. usually 2-3 of them.. keep an array of other weapons easily accessible in all rooms of the house and have a standing "if we have an intruder" plan with my roommates in place... a while ago when i was putting my tow hitch on a 7-8 year old kid stopped and asked me what i was doing and then asked if i could tow a boat with it.. i mentioned camping and he was like oh do u have guns in case of a bear? and im like yeah.. and he goes what kind u got? so i start naming shotguns and rifles.. and he goes.. oh so u dont have the kind of guns u kill people with?... sad

Ldub
08/02/2007, 04:52 PM
I am really diggin' the way this thread is meandering all over the place, touching on topics that are for some "hot button issues", but so far hasn't taken on any type of nastiness...kudos to all y'all.
It speaks highly of the character posessed by the average VX owner. (if there is such a thing)

I've been around here long enough to remember the "debate" over the Bush/Kerry election thing, and IMO, that was not our finest hour.

Guns, plants, animals, fungi, & microbes aside...I did get my PITA fuel line replaced. Had to remove the EGR again to acess the hose clamps...I had it all back together the first time & it still leaked (toasted a brand new hose clamp)ARGHHHHH !
My boss is so cool, when I finally got to work about 1:30, he gave me my paycheck...& it was bigger than it was supposed to be.
Not being one who can keep his big mouth shut, I said "dude, that's more than I've got coming", to which he replied..."that's OK, you're worth it."

For a day that started out a little on the crappy side, it sure took a turn for the better.

Let's keep this thread going as a kind of general "sounding board" for whatever is on your mind...whaddya all think ?

Ldub
08/02/2007, 05:59 PM
You know, a few days ago I started thinking of vanity plates for when my tags expire...

VEHIROCS or V ROX or VEHIROX or V ROCS or V ROCSS

You know, since BOTH the VX and this site ROCK!!! Ironic... don't you think?

http://www.viva.tv/Common/Image/field/pic_big_teaser/id/40414/filename/beavis.jpg

Yes...I do think.

Also, you're dead on...I once thought a couple inches of lift & some 285's would be PLENTY...seems my thinking was flawed. :rolleyes:

Bart...YOU'RE N E V E R DONE... :p

ZEUS
08/03/2007, 05:55 AM
I am really diggin' the way this thread is meandering all over the place...

...Let's keep this thread going as a kind of general "sounding board" for whatever is on your mind...whaddya all think ?

I had wanted to start some sort of BS session thread for some time now but never knew exactly how to do it. Someone started that one thread asking VXers to open up, which I thought was a cool thread. It is fun to just compare notes on day to day thinking and what not. Kudos, Dubbie Dub on your repair too!

So here goes random...

My 4.77 VX is still 2wd and man is it fun to drive around - the front end pushes out a little more in the screaming turns when the front tires are powerless. My tires are a bit too wide to break loose from a stand still with the brakes squeezed... unless of course I start out on the weeds growing out of the concrete joints! Then I can leave a black mark for a while or just keep the brakes mashed down and make a smokescreen (No I haven't done it yet). Otherwise, the torque converter slips. Right before I get my new tires mounted and I go back to 4wd, I hope to burn up an old tire on video (Sorry Bart)! The 4.77's really put the torque down at a standstill and all the power is sent to the rear driveshaft! THEY'RE GRRRREEEAAAAAAT!

nfpgasmask
08/03/2007, 07:09 AM
I like all animals, most plants, some fungus, certain yeasts, and a couple of bacterium more than I like people. Bart and I apparently have a lot in common....
Yup, I basically feel the same way. I don't hunt, and I really have no desire to hunt. When I see deer in the woods, THE LAST THING that would ever come to mind would be to shoot it with anything other than my Nikon. People, on the other hand....well....I won't go there. JK, JK, (sort of) :) I do enjoy target shooting and imho guns do have a certain coolness that I have always liked, ever since I was a kid.

i agree with u bart that cars have had a much larger impact on the world than guns... but i think that in every day life... guns cause much more harm.... oh so u dont have the kind of guns u kill people with?... sad
"All my guns are people guns" - That's a shirt I have been meaning to make for a long time, just haven't gotten around to it. There is no question about it. Guns have one function, and one function alone: TO KILL. That is their soul purpose. But it is a mind that pulls the trigger. Therefore, I believe that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." And that is why cars are far worse. Because to kill someone with a gun, takes a conscious act, and in general, this is an act shunned and outlawed by society. Cars on the other hand, are 100% normal, and WE ALL drive em, and its so natural at this point, its like breathing. We don't wake up in the morning, take a shower, get dressed, and go outside and shoot people. We get in our cars and add to the BIG PICTURE PROBLEM. Guns are just an ancillary problem. Far more people die in the US due to automobile related accidents that get shot.... To me, in the US, guns are symbolic with our freedom. The moment they are completely outlawed, the government will have succeeded in taming the masses, and we will have no choice but to "OBEY". If you want to live in a world that is 100% safe and steril, then you also want to live in a very boring, controlled world.....not I. A little danger and adventure is what makes life worth living, and that is why you should enjoy every minute of it.

Bart...YOU'RE N E V E R DONE... :p

:) I know, thanks for the reminder! ;)

Right before I get my new tires mounted and I go back to 4wd, I hope to burn up an old tire on video (Sorry Bart)! The 4.77's really put the torque down at a standstill and all the power is sent to the rear driveshaft! THEY'RE GRRRREEEAAAAAAT!

Sorry for what??? I've been thinking about how cool it would be to set fire to one of those dead cars out in the desert, just so I can get some cool video footage for my next short film. I just don't want to start another massive 100,000 acre fire here in Nevada. :eek:

Don't take me as some sort of tree hugging, ultra left environmentalist. I just don't go outta my way to destroy nature and kill animals. And trust me, I KNOW I AM HUMAN. I make garbage, and eat cheeseburgers, and drive a car, and consume and consume and consume, just like the rest of us. The DIFFERENCE between me and the average person, is that I am 100% conscious of my individual impact. Most people go through life and don't even think about it for a second. And that sucks....

ANYWAY, you can have your thread back now, Ldub! :)

Bart

Scott Harness
08/03/2007, 08:03 AM
Guns are tools, automobiles are tools and unfortunately most people are tools :p. Get out of your car and walk to the store if it's fairly close by. That will help some. Just take your gun with you. :laughing:J

nfpgasmask
08/03/2007, 08:06 AM
I just think I need a massage man, that should calm me down! ;)

Bart

Guns are tools, automobiles are tools and unfortunately most people are tools :p. Get out of your car and walk to the store if it's fairly close by. That will help some. Just take your gun with you. :laughing:J

don moore
08/03/2007, 09:11 AM

Bart

When I lived in wyoming..We would go 4x4ing and find a old car someone left out in the desert..and torch it..We made shure it was out ther for awhile...lol ;)

But we all had fire exs. some like me had extras.

It was very nice to sit next to the glow of a burning car as the sun went down with the sound of the cracking and poping as the fuel tank and other part would burn..and the smell of plastic and oil and rubber and vinyl in the air....aaaaahhhh the good old days.

It was fun to shoot at also....BAM..BAM Ratatatatatatat :p
Chin up

Scott Harness
08/03/2007, 09:33 AM

Bart
EveryBODY does, Hey you're comma's in the wrong place?!?! LOL

Techy-D
08/03/2007, 10:14 AM
EveryBODY does, Hey you're comma's in the wrong place?!?! LOL

Well... A massage WOman would probably have the opposite effect! Maybe he did mean it???? :p

JHarris1385
08/03/2007, 10:32 AM
Well... A massage WOman would probably have the opposite effect! Maybe he did mean it???? :p

Yeah the comma threw me off at first. I read it as a massage spelling error and read as maybe he means "message man". Then I thought, wait that does not make sense. I get it, he needs a massage; Man.

nfpgasmask
08/03/2007, 11:35 AM
Yea, I am usually more carefull with my spelling, grammar and punctuation, but if you knew what Scott does for a living, then I think "Massage Man" is still appropriate! ;)

How many of you have seen the "deleted scene" from BORAT where he is trying to get a massage in the hotel??? OMG that is good stuff.

LOL,

Bart

JHarris1385
08/03/2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah that part is hilarious. That movie in general is great. But I would have to say. "Wut tis thees?" "Its cheese." is my favorite part.

nfpgasmask
08/03/2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah that part is hilarious. That movie in general is great. But I would have to say. "Wut tis thees?" "Its cheese." is my favorite part.

"and thees?" "Its cheese."

"and thees?" "that would be cheese also."

"and thees?" "cheese."

"and thees?" "cheese."

Yeah, that movie is freakin great.

Bart

Chopper
08/03/2007, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=don moore]When I lived in wyoming..We would go 4x4ing and find a old car someone left out in the desert..and torch it..We made shure it was out ther for awhile...lol ;)

Hey! I've pulled the tags and left more than a few cars, in all kinds of places. You may have smoked one of mine, had you been a couple thousand miles east, and twenty years older (more than likely) Once I smoked the engine in a '77 Gran Prix on I-95 with my son in the car. We limped into a neighborhood, engine banging, overheated, toasted, got out of the car, and gave the keys to a kid standing there (maybe 16) the title was in the glove box. He said something about liking it, so I gave it to him...title and all. We took a cab to my sisters house, which was not that far away. I love giving crap away... it always shocks folks. Ever throw the toll guy at a bridge, or whatever, the extra for the Yahoo behind you, pay the tab for the next knucklehead in line at the Burger King... then go away slow... watch what happens. Go thru the supermarket, and toss inappropriate items in someones basket on your way(ahhhhh, Preppy.......have some depends....or Masingill...some Ky and Magnums for the nice lady )......quarters in the salt shakers at the diner, poop in the cups(or insert really nasty, rotten, roadkill) at the local golf course....or is that just me??? Ever stuff sand down the oil fill on a construction company dozer ;) I love to ramble

cyronman
08/03/2007, 03:34 PM

I am currently in this boat as well, as my wheels will be at my doorstep next week(!) and now I will be tire hunting this weekend.
From where my VX sits now I want it a bit 'bigger' and I'd like to be able to get the right setup done the first time around.
I'm unclear as to whether you just put the 912s and their 3" on or can you regulate how much of them you would like to benefit from.
I too am interested in a slight step up but would rather not deal with any inherited stress on stock components.

I've been (speed?)reading lift threads all week now and I guess I need LASIK or something...

CrnCnn-
what did you lift with?

etlsport
08/03/2007, 03:45 PM
i pmed ascinder about his setup.. he found some adjustable spacers that will let you reuse the stock springs but raise them however much you like, they are adjustable so im hoping for some good news back :cool:

Scott Harness
08/03/2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks Bart! I am the "Massage Man" to man,woman and beast. my canine business is getting better all the time. I work on 5-6 dogs a week now,but enough about me.Back to VX stuff.

CrnCnn
08/03/2007, 06:58 PM
CrnCnn-
what did you lift with?

Sorry wasnt paying attention.

I lifted with OME 912's and torsion crank. I will looking into doing the diff drop brackets when i get some money. I would really like to get a set off a broke VX so mine wont have to down. That way i also have an extra set if need be.

CrnCnn
08/03/2007, 07:02 PM
In addition to ROCKING, this forum is the only one I check on on a daily basis. I look at an MMA forum and most of those guys are full of themselves and rumors. I browse a couple here in Reno about off-roading in the area watching for nice pics and trail info.

Besides all of you are cool. :cool:

ZEUS
08/04/2007, 10:52 AM
Ever throw the toll guy at a bridge, or whatever, the extra for the Yahoo behind you, pay the tab for the next knucklehead in line at the Burger King... then go away slow... watch what happens. Go thru the supermarket, and toss inappropriate items in someones basket on your way(ahhhhh, Preppy.......have some depends....or Masingill...some Ky and Magnums for the nice lady )......quarters in the salt shakers at the diner, poop in the cups(or insert really nasty, rotten, roadkill) at the local golf course....or is that just me??? Ever stuff sand down the oil fill on a construction company dozer ;) I love to ramble

Damn, that's funny! It would be so worth it to plan ahead and buy a dildo or something to throw in some prude's grocery basket! Or leave a Penthouse mag open to the centerfold on the doorstep of a neighbor's house! Thanks Chopper, you might have given me a new hobby! :)

Chopper
08/04/2007, 01:20 PM
Tiny, little, bits, of controlled chaos...it's own reward.

nfpgasmask
08/06/2007, 12:30 PM
The grocery cart gag is one of my favorites. My choice products were usually a nice jar of pig feet, or some adult diapers, like you said. Its just hilarious, especially when people aren't paying attention and actually buy it.

The other thing we did a few times, is have fun with a remote control fart machine. Basically a little hand held remote that controlled a fart noise making box that my freind would put in his back pocket. Then in the line at the store he would bend over to get something from the bottom of his cart, and I would be standing away somewhere and press the button. Its so funny to watch the reaction of the people behind him.

And golf courses? Man, we had loads of fun as kids living near golf courses. There was this one snobby country club in Flossmoor, IL that my friend lived across from. There were all sorts of kid sized holes cut in the fence around the perimiter of the course. Through the fence was about 25 yards of brush and trees, and then there was the fairway for one of the holes. We used to hide in the bushes and wait for the golfers to tee off. As their balls bounced in the fairway in front of us, we would run out, grab their balls off the ground, flip off the golfers and the sprint back toward our hole in the fence and to safety, usually while being chased by golf carts. We did this time and time again and never got caught. At night we would sneak in and take all the flags out of the holes and chuck them into the water traps, but not until we were done gouging massive holes into the putting green....oh man, I could go on and on. I miss being a kid in the 80s. We got away with sooooo much.

Bart

[QUOTE=don moore]Go thru the supermarket, and toss inappropriate items in someones basket on your way(ahhhhh, Preppy.......have some depends....or Masingill...some Ky and Magnums for the nice lady )......quarters in the salt shakers at the diner, poop in the cups(or insert really nasty, rotten, roadkill) at the local golf course....or is that just me??? Ever stuff sand down the oil fill on a construction company dozer ;) I love to ramble

cyronman
08/06/2007, 01:47 PM
Egging and doorbell ditching...
those were the days.

JHarris1385
08/06/2007, 06:27 PM
THis is some great stuff. Hell the first night my older brother finally got settled into his first house; I lit a brown bag of dog shat on his door step.

WormGod
08/07/2007, 05:41 AM
So uh.... ya..... back to Dub.... how did that re-route work out for ya? I know when i went back in to do it, it was pretty simple, but it did take some loosening up of the EGR block again just to be able to make more room for some hands to get to. And since I did it, I have checked that location quite a few times and everything seems to be quite situated and that fuel line is pretty safe still.

Ldub
08/07/2007, 02:01 PM
So uh.... ya..... back to Dub.... how did that re-route work out for ya? I know when i went back in to do it, it was pretty simple, but it did take some loosening up of the EGR block again just to be able to make more room for some hands to get to. And since I did it, I have checked that location quite a few times and everything seems to be quite situated and that fuel line is pretty safe still.

It's WAY good now...but I'll refer you to post 33 for a more detailed account of how fun it was... :rolleyes:

I now notice harder/quicker throttle response when depressing the skinny. :cool: I believe it was squished badly enough to reduce the flow...but threw no CEL's...or maybe it did. I got a few when the weather was really hot & humid, but assumed they were weather related.

Had the EGR off twice...no replacement gasket in hand, just gotta love Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket Hi-Temp Sealant. ;)

I've got it all zip tied up & out of the way now & keeping a close eye on it.

ZEUS
08/07/2007, 02:33 PM
Had the EGR off twice...no replacement gasket in hand, just gotta love Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket Hi-Temp Sealant. ;)

Nice Advert - I'll have to try it out on my EGR!

Ldub
08/07/2007, 03:34 PM
Nice Advert - I'll have to try it out on my EGR!

Yah...good stuff, first used it on the copper banjo fitting washers when I was having problems getting the crossover fuel line to seal.
Didn't want to over torque them & strip the threads out of my formerly shiny aluminium fuel rails. ;)