PDA

View Full Version : The Official Parts Thread

Bimati
07/26/2007, 07:00 AM
Many of us know of VX's in salvage yards, or misc. parts laying around that aren't appropriate for the "parts for sale" forum since we don't own the parts.

If you find a VX for parts or know of one....post the info (with a description)here, please. Hopefully this can be an ongoing thread since we are constantly looking for parts these days.

Thanks.

Bim

PS...I am now officially out of parts connections.....they're ALL gone!!!

jims585
07/26/2007, 09:38 AM
For some unknown reason {I suspect insanity} salvage yards are not keeping vx parts . I knew of 2 that were crushed in the last month. I tried to buy one complete {rollover] but yard pulled drive train and crushed the rest. Other one was interior fire and yard sold misc pieces and then crushed. What is with them don't they know how hard it is to get parts.

biju
07/26/2007, 09:53 AM
<hijack>

It might be far fetched, but...

I wonder if there's a way to develop a repository/section of this site for salvage yards to access... where they could input their information on a VX they have, so we all know about it.

or, find a way to 'tap' into the nationwide salvage yard database (I'd assume one exists...), and extract the classification/string 'vehicross', etc., so it dynamically posts to vx.info in the newly created section...

They'd sell more parts from their salvage VX's, and we'd have access to more parts for this increasingly rare vehicle. Win. Win.

:confused: just a thought.

</hijack>

-biju.

circmand
07/26/2007, 10:20 AM
He is right I saw a VX part being advertised on ebay. I did not need it but saw a rack on the vehicle picture. I emailed the seller (a salvage yard) bought the rack from him and then posted the contact info on this site. In 24 hours the message I posted had 117 views and when I last spoke to the seller he was getting swamped with VX requests. He now loves the VX and will definately be posting any others he gets on the site.

Bimati
07/26/2007, 11:08 AM
Good thought Beej...It's been my experience that the national salvage yard search engines are cr*p and 99 of 100 lead to a dead end, but maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Bim

tom4bren
07/26/2007, 11:28 AM
The place I ordered the axles from is:

APEX Auto Parts
2113 S Santa Fe
Oklahoma City, OK 73109

405/735-6400

www.apex-auto-parts.com

I only asked about axles but if they have one part they may have more.

I was also given these numbers that had axles available but didn't call them

800/582-6336 in PA

888/733-2540 in WV

jims585
07/26/2007, 11:48 AM
I have found that sometimes I can find what I need thru car-parts.com. There data base isn't always up to date but its worth a try. There are always a vx or two at insurance auto auction but you have to be a member to bid. These are salvage vehicles.

rowhard
07/26/2007, 01:03 PM
For some unknown reason {I suspect insanity} salvage yards are not keeping vx parts . I knew of 2 that were crushed in the last month. I tried to buy one complete {rollover] but yard pulled drive train and crushed the rest. Other one was interior fire and yard sold misc pieces and then crushed. What is with them don't they know how hard it is to get parts.

Just had a thought, maybe it isn't worth the cyber-paper that it's written on, but,... Maybe someone out there know of a national organisation that these salvages yards belong to. Wonder if we, me, you, somebody could contact them and say HEY!, their is a group of VX fanatics at vehicross dot info that would gladly buy up most of these VX parts in a weekend if they would bother letting us know they have one. Just a thought. what say you?:rolleyes:

mdwyer
07/26/2007, 04:56 PM
There's a guy on Ebay right now selling a hood insert. In the description he says he's got other VX parts aside from the front-end. Collision, I assume? If you're looking for something specific, you might check with him.

uncle_asa
07/26/2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.pamsauto.com