PDA

View Full Version : full body roof rack

protonvxmatt
07/21/2007, 10:12 AM
hey y'all i'm about to leave for basic training so i'll be gone for a few months, but before i ;eave i want to find a full size roof rack for my vx. i know that this post has probably been done before but i'm quite frankly not the best with computers. so if any one could piont me in the right direction or tell me where to buy one i would really appriciate it.

thank you.

God bless the U.S.A

etlsport
07/21/2007, 10:32 AM
what do you mean by full size roof rack? there are a few sets of stock crossbars floating around on ebay and on the forum.. usually 250-325... many of us have roof baskets up there made by thule and yakima... i think the largest is the yakima loadwarrior with the 18" extension in the middle

protonvxmatt
07/21/2007, 10:39 AM
i'm looking for one like the one you have.

etlsport
07/21/2007, 10:42 AM
thats the yakima loadwarrior, i dont have the middle extension though, i think that kpaske has the extension for it.. i dunno who else

protonvxmatt
07/21/2007, 10:43 AM
thanks man.

peace

circmand
07/23/2007, 05:49 AM
I have previously checked for any kind on roof rack. Neither Thule or Yalima even has one listed for the VX anymore. I got lucky and found a used one sans basket for around $200

etlsport
07/23/2007, 05:53 AM
you can use the yakima lowrider mounts with 48" round bars on the vx, ive had mine on for a while now with and without a basket.. loaded it up very heavily a few times with no problems

TEN36VX
07/24/2007, 04:46 PM
If you are looking for a basket, I too have the Yakima Loadwarrior, but with the extension. It almost touches the antenna in the back and is about 6" behind the windshield up front. There's some pics in my gallery with the rack mounted.

etlsport
07/24/2007, 04:51 PM
I have a coleman basket i pulled off off my VX for sale... $100+ shipping, ive debadged the fairing and carbon fibered one of the sides ... bart said that with the stock rack you need to cut about 3/4" out of the middle of the basket.. i can see if i can find someone here with a stock rack and fit it on there first if you would like... you can find that basket for $130 at costco though