PDA

View Full Version : VX Mechanic in Dallas Area Needed

jbrannon08
07/18/2007, 06:51 AM
I live in the Dallas area and need a mechanic that is very familiar with VX's. I
have a 99' that is having TOD problems. Sometimes the "check" light comes on and sometimes the front wheels will stay fully engaged. It usually happens when it is raining and I go through a big puddle. Also, I need to have both front drive axels replaced because the boots are cracked. I don't know if the problems are related.

tom4bren
07/18/2007, 08:09 AM
I can't help you with the mechanic issue but I'm about to order rebuilds for the front axels. I'll start a new thread when I do so you can track what happens.

I haven't had any TOD issues but my suggestion for the axels would be to check around for a garage that specializes in front end work. I'm lucky because there is such a place not even a tenth of a mile from me. A general mechanic type garage quoted me $500-800 for the install while this place indicated that it would be <$200. They did some work for me before on my TLC and did a great job.

BTW - if the CVs aren't making a noise, you can just replace the boots for less than $100. Use the search function on this site for CV boots or MecaTech boots.

Scott Harness
07/18/2007, 08:12 AM
I take mine to Crest Cadilac Isuzu in Plano. It's at 75 and Park or Parker. There is always construction so the exit changes. Kind of pricey, but they do quality work.

smorris65
07/18/2007, 12:14 PM
I'm having the same issue with TOD, but it sometimes occur's when it has not been raining. When your's lock's the front wheels does the TOD light indicate this? When mine does it the front wheels TOD light does not show anything. I'm in Dallas too so maybe we can discuss on the phone. 214-325-0581.

I also use Crest Isuzu in Plano, and they are pricey.

jbrannon08
07/21/2007, 07:52 AM
When the front wheels lock it does indicate it on the TOD lights; the lights will show full power on the front wheels and sometimes the "ckeck" light will come on. Has anyone had Crest fix TOD problems? I was hopping someone in the Dallas area knew someone besides a dealership.