PDA

View Full Version : Speed Traps On The Increase

Navigator
05/29/2003, 05:51 AM
Have you guys noticed the recent exponential increase in speed traps lately :rolleyes: . Heck if this keeps up, we'll all have to start driving at the posted speeds <JK> :D

SoilDoc
05/29/2003, 07:27 AM
It must be the way you balti-morons drive. Not much new activity here in Fairfax. You didn't get a ticket did you?

Hey Nav, are you going to change the speaker in your rear door? I remember reading a post from you about this a couple days ago.

Navigator
05/29/2003, 08:26 AM
The surround on the sub has a small tear in it, not enough to alter performance yet, but I think it's days are numbered. Not sure how it happened, but I will put a grill over the next sub I install.

Moncha
05/29/2003, 09:22 AM
Don't forget the national "Click it or Ticket" campain!
Either way we'll get ya! ;Do;

http://www.moncha.com/storage/cop-smiley.gif

WormGod
05/29/2003, 10:23 AM
Actaully ya, I have noticed more fuzz. I passed a couple today coming to work, but they were in all the expected areas. They havent been in any new areas. And within the last 2 weeks, I noticed more and more sitting on the highways, mostly keeping an eye on violators of the HOV lanes.

Probably just coming down hard since there have been a TON of high speed accidents in the area in the last month. Guess I can see the logic in it.

paultvx
05/29/2003, 12:11 PM
Well, it's almost summer time... and what do people do more of in the summer?

You didn't think the bacon would miss that chance to make a few bucks did you? They've gotta make money too, especially with all the budget cuts going on around the country. That new tax cut is not going to help things much either. :)

At the start of the month I got a parking ticket for parking on the shoulder of a rural highway. The problem was I wasn't even anywhere near the shoulder. I was off of the road completely. But... they had to have my $40 but fill their budget gap. :rolleyes:

The price we pay for living in a "civilized" world... our freedom.

Might want to check out http://www.speedtrap.org/ or add to it. There used to be a better grassroots registry online but I think it's down.

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/31/2003, 10:15 PM
I drive my VX with a Pork detector suction cupped to the windshield just above the dash.......There is only one way I like my Pork and that's frying in my George Foreman Grille....not tail grabbin my *** going down the interstate with the bubblegum lights a flashin!

psychos2
06/01/2003, 03:56 PM
navigator,
i have had that problem with a tear in the foam. but i tore it with the drill when installing. i used a piece if thin foam tape on the inside .you couldn't even tell it was there.and it lasted for many years.it was also in a sealed enclosure. shawn

Navigator
06/01/2003, 07:02 PM
Thanks Psycho's, I'll give that a try.