PDA

View Full Version : Yet another cladding product

maxw
07/11/2007, 11:04 AM
Just when you thought this topic was totally exhausted, I've found a new product for the cladding. I was experiencing some fading and light scratching in the cladding, and was getting tired of the effort it took to use the gel cleaners. Besides, some of the color fading was evident despite these efforts. I tried a product by Autoglym, called "Bumper Black" which is a spray and it renewed the cladding beautifully. All scratches and discolorations just aren't easily seen at all. I sprayed the stuff onto a soft microfiber sponge and then applied it , so it was relatively painless and quick.
Here's the link for anyone interested.

http://www.autoglym.co.uk/enGB/product-quickselectorCar.asp

1-800-247-4596

Good luck.
Max.

CrnCnn
07/11/2007, 11:14 AM
no streaking, huh? I tried some stuff that was like a black restore but all it did was streak

VXD959
07/11/2007, 12:16 PM
MAXW,

Do you sell, distribute, or have a commercial interest on this product? I'm just curious, since you posted the same information in January (see this thread (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=9216&highlight=cladding+paint)).
Are you still satisfied with the results?

maxw
07/11/2007, 07:17 PM
No commercial affiliation at all.
This is a different product by the same company. The original one I mentioned is called bumper care, whereas the new one is called bumper black. The latter is a spray and very easy to use ; mainly for restoration.
I have found the products to be excellent on the VX.
Was mentioning it for general knowledge : that's all.

ianrat999
09/06/2007, 01:14 PM
I have recently aquired a 1997 3.2V6 RHD model, 34000 miles, in excellent condition. I used the Autoglym bumper care which restored a lot of the colour to cladding. I was concerned about runs so I made sure all the imitation fasteners were fully cleaned-out. I then used Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, which is a clear liquid for use as a finish coat after resin polish. I made the cladding colour slightly lighter but still a good dark grey / black with a 'satin' finish. I think this extra coat will prevent runs and help maintain the cladding colour. I haven't got it wet yet, it seems a shame to get it dirty!. I'll update when I have a better idea of its effectiveness.

cyronman
09/06/2007, 01:50 PM
I can vouch for this stuff.

Although I don't have many pics in my gallery (need to work on that :o), the previous owner of my VX used this stuff and even threw in a bottle for me.
Works GOOD and holds up well to water.

JHarris1385
09/06/2007, 02:28 PM
I actually bought a $1 bottle of tire shine at a "Deals" which is a discount store around here. It is no name brand. They can also be found at stores where everything is a dollar. Not sure if there are many of them around.

Ill try to remember to post a pic of the bottle.
The substance goes on super sticky. But after it dries it gives a slight matte finish to it that LASTS LONG.

I have been using it for a while now.