PDA

View Full Version : harness for switches...

gruven
05/28/2003, 10:49 AM
Made the plunge and bought the tailgate release and foglight switch from St. Charles. How is everyone physically hooking these up on the switch end? A harness is not available according to Merlin- so is it time to break out the dremel & soldering iron? Pins look too close to find any kind of 'clip' that would not short. No go on any junkyards locally with a Trooper or Rodeo intact.

Suggestions?

-gruven:supercool

johnnyapollo
05/28/2003, 02:26 PM
Hey Tom,

You can get the small, gold spade bits at Autozone that will clip into the spades on the bottom of the switch. There's a wiring diagram on here somewhere...

PS.. you get that email from me with the links?

-- John

gruven
05/28/2003, 04:42 PM
Yeah I found some of those spade bits but wasn't sure if it was still a little cramped in there- I guess I'll leave it up to some heat shrink to keep things proper... Already printed out the pinout pattern- now just waiting for a little dose of patience before I start probing dash wires (or for carlymac to have a free night....:razo2: ).

I did get the artwork- looks great! Chapter markers are intact and should have a first final burn of the Isuzu Workshop Series on DVD by the end of the week. You should take the honors of a formal introduction for those interested as I don't think switch harness reading will gather much attention- hah!

-gruven:supercool

paultvx
05/29/2003, 02:26 AM
WSG (moncha), the site God, is working on a PDF detailing the wiring for these switches. I've been waiting eagerly for it. Not sure how much longer I can wait. Just need the bit about how he hooked up a relay and fuse box to a swtiched source to power all aftermarket accessories. Maybe you guys can give him a friendly prod or two? ;)

Sorry Scott. As you can see... I need the info bad and I don't care if it's in rough form :)

Moncha
05/29/2003, 08:41 AM
*** Pin Out Guide Updated (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8059#post8059) ****
DON'T follow the pin out guide that had I previously put out. It's close but, I had to change it a bit. I'll be out of town for part of the day today but, when I get back, I'll work on it and let you know my results.

Yes Paul I'll be working on the accessory box as well ;) .
I was very busy with electrical work just prior to Moab and now just need to get all together and post it.