PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with information

ANDERS
07/10/2007, 05:11 AM
Hi, I'm from Europa, small country Latvia.
We do some offroad there and it is time to change our old 4runeeer to some new offroad car and we found 1 VX in Latvia for sale. We did a test drive and we like this car.
So there is some question.

1. Is it any blok (autoomatik ?) on front or rear weels, like Mercedes G-class has it ?
2. What lift you sugest for VX to do offroad in very deep mud (or **** :) )
3. I never saw a winch for vx in front. We need to install this in the front of the car. What you can suggest ?

Sorry for my english, waiting your answers. :)

JHarris1385
07/10/2007, 12:04 PM
Welcome:

1.? Kinda understand but did not answer just in case I didnt and confused you.

2.A suspension lift to gain about 3 inches costs about $150 bucks and involves new rear springs and cranking the torsion bar to adjust the front. More is possible.

3.Winches are possible. You can even get one to sit behind the cladding of the bumper or have one sit on a hitch mount or bull bar.

Ascinder
07/10/2007, 12:10 PM
1. Is it any blok (autoomatik ?) on front or rear weels, like Mercedes G-class has it ?
2. What lift you sugest for VX to do offroad in very deep mud (or **** )
3. I never saw a winch for vx in front. We need to install this in the front of the car. What you can suggest ?

I am not really sure what you are talking about in your first question, it sounds like you are asking about lockable hubs, and if they are automatic hubs or not. The Vehicross has a full time 4WD to all the wheels. You can install lockable hubs on them, but for offroading, the hubs are already locked 100% of the time.

For question 2, the Vehicross can only really be lifted safely to about 3". If you try and go higher you will start having to fabricate custom parts for it. You can go higher though(mine is 4.5") if you are willing to cut and weld some stuff.

For question 3, there are a few Vehicrosses on this forum with winches installed. I think Swordy has one in his gallery and also SPAZZ. They mounted them inside the cladding on a reinforced piece of steel. I think they are using WARN xd9000, but I'm not sure. I also hear that the company Aussie makes great winches that are a little cheaper than Warn and every bit as reliable(almost the same design).

I hope this helps you out, and I hope you get the Vehicross. It's a great vehicle and I want to see some Latvian offroading pictures!!!

newthings
07/10/2007, 12:21 PM
Welcome,
Some members have taken lift back out after tearing CV boots.
Roy

ZEUS
07/10/2007, 12:22 PM
I would check out this Warn winch with synthetic line. It's nice, small, and light and would fit easily behind the bumper cladding.

http://www.warn.com/truck/winches/src/9.0Rc.shtml

ANDERS
07/11/2007, 04:49 AM
Thank a lot for your answers.

About question 1. I tolk about diferencal lock like bouth front weels are lock and bouth rear weals are lock and turn together, NOT only one af them. ???

About question 2. How I understand, i need only longer new rear springs and do some technikal job for front torsion. ???

There are some pictures at this homepage about latvian offroad (TR1 class) (it`s in Latvian but I hope you will understand):

http://www.getaway.lv/modules.php?op=modload&name=userpics&file=index&go=4&p=1163

And this is our official offroad page (also in English):

http://www.mazozoli.lv/

uncle_asa
07/11/2007, 10:09 AM
Hi, I'm from Europa, small country Latvia.

So, you might consider to join Russian speaking community at http://forum.4x4club.ru/index.php?showforum=22 ;)

BTW, IIRC, here is another member from Latvia - Redneck. I was on VX in Latvia about an year ago and at the first day met silver VX in Riga ;)

Ascinder
07/12/2007, 12:13 PM
About question 1. I tolk about diferencal lock like bouth front weels are lock and bouth rear weals are lock and turn together, NOT only one af them. ???

Yes, you mean differential lockers. I know Aussie makes them for both front and rear. The Aussie lockers are automatic locking also known as "lunchbox" lockers. They run around $300-400 per set. ARB also makes air lockers which are around $1,000-1,200 per set, plus installation. You will want to consider getting some AISIN or Warn locking hubs if you want to be able to drive it on the road safely and plan on being able to engage and disengage the front wheels.

ANDERS
08/01/2007, 06:00 AM
Last week we put new offroad tires 33x13,5xR16 on VX. I think this is max size for VX... :) also lift up front side about 2".

The VX is very good off road car and it`s looks very intereting and also we did a little test drive in woods and VX run very good so we will start to put all offroad stuff on this car, like winch, differential lockers, snurkel, PC for navigation....

IndianaVX
08/01/2007, 05:26 PM
anders,

sounds like you are getting ready to have some fun......
welcome to the community, always good to have another member in the family!
good luck with all of your modifications.