PDA

View Full Version : ((( Colorado VX'ers : gather? )))

biju
07/02/2007, 09:28 AM
covx'ers:

looking to gauge interest in a meet-n-greet over dinner/wings somewhere. there's quite a few of us around these parts, and i'd love to meet everyone!

would any of you be interested in gathering?

-biju.

Bimati
07/02/2007, 01:39 PM
Always up for it..... :)

Bim

MSHardeman
07/02/2007, 04:45 PM
biju,

You can count me in. It would be nice to put faces to screen names. Should we just do dinner and drinks or should we make a day of it and hit a Rockies or a Rapids game?

biju
07/02/2007, 05:10 PM
ooooh~ good options! i guess it depends on the interest!...

-biju.

Moncha
07/02/2007, 05:49 PM
Depends on the day, I'd love to be in.

vxDAKINECHICvx
07/02/2007, 06:45 PM
I agree...depends on the day or for how long but I would be extremely up for it.

pbkid
07/04/2007, 02:37 PM
im in, i wont have the VX obviously but ill come...

biju
07/12/2007, 05:22 PM
lets do it!... looks like we have a good number of people.

now for the painful task of coordinating days/times..!

what say you all? best date for this? best place for this?

lets discuss. :blab:

-biju.

mdwyer
07/12/2007, 05:28 PM
Oh, hey! I'm in, too!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we're from all over the metro area, so I'd something central might be a good idea. Somewhere near Lodo? I like Bars-With-Food. Both Fado and Pint's Pub are convenient to parking lots, good for showing off vehicles. ;)

Meet With Approval (http://meetwithapproval.com/) might be useful to get us all agreed on a time and place. I can open up an invite if you PM me with an email address and your recommendations.

MSHardeman
07/24/2007, 07:02 AM
Bump-ditty-bump-bump

Is this still in the works, or has it died a quiet death?

biju
07/24/2007, 08:16 AM
Lets do it. It's just the details now....

I'd like to stay away from downtown personally. I have a strange thing about leaving my VehiCROSS someplace I can't see her and/or get to her in under 30 seconds or less... :p I'd like to suggest:

Dam Brewery (http://www.menusfirst.com/summit/dambrewery.htm) (Dillon)
Jose O'Sheas (http://www.coloradoeats.com/joseosheas/) (Lakewood off Hwy 6)
Westfalenhof (http://www.menusfirst.com/denver/westfalenhof.htm) (Golden off Hwy 72)
Breckenridge Brewery (http://www.menusfirst.com/summit/breckbrewery.htm) (Breck)
Anyplace in Morrison

Bim can't make it on Saturday's - and it would be nice to have him join.

continued thoughts?...

-beej.

MSHardeman
07/24/2007, 10:20 AM
I would be up for a Sunday meet and greet sometime. I can do it this weekend (short notice), the weekend of August 11th, or August 25th, or just about any weekend in September. Isn't COZu in there somewhere?

biju
07/24/2007, 10:55 AM
I'm down for this Sunday!

fuzzy, mdwyer, Moncha, thaverland, vxDAKINECHICvx, Bim - does this day work for you?

anyone else wanna join?

-biju

vxDAKINECHICvx
07/24/2007, 11:08 AM
I may be in Steamboat this weekend as it is where I spend all my weekends, but if we decide that Sunday is the day, then I will do my best to make it there (like leave early from the 'boat). Perhaps somewhere around Golden as I hate downtown as much as the next guy. Oh, or even Dillon would be sweet! Whatever is decided I will work it to fit the schedule as I want to meet you guys!

There are quite a few denver-ites on this board, so I hope people see this post and join up with us!

mdwyer
07/24/2007, 11:44 AM
I'm down for this Sunday!

fuzzy, mdwyer, Moncha, thaverland, vxDAKINECHICvx, Bim - does this day work for you?
-biju

This sunday won't work for me. In general, the next three weekends are bad for me. :( That's why I'm shooting for an after-work happy hour kind of thing close in.

In fact, why don't you all come to my house and help me install my mode switch?! I'll fire up the soft-serve machine and break out the homebrew!

biju
07/25/2007, 06:28 AM
i'll be up in fairplay this saturday at burro days (http://burrodays.com/index.htm). i believe mdwyer will be there also. so if you all wanted to we could meet up there?

or continuing on the sunday front - i can still meet this sunday (july 29) or sunday's in august (except the first sunday, aug 5th)

seeing as a few folks come from farther away i'm not sure an after work gathering will work, but I'm up for it if we can make it happen! this soft-serve machine and homebrew sound tantalising.. :eek:

-biju.

biju
07/29/2007, 05:38 PM
**swing and a miss**

only mdwyer showed for the 8pm online chat meeting to iron out plans... we decided to just meet up to introduce ourselves.

apparently getting more than two colorado vx'ers to meet is harder than pulling teef! maybe some other time kids...

take care.

-biju.

jemorga
07/31/2007, 09:23 AM
Just picked up the thread for the meet. I haven't been online for awhile-to damn busy. If it is still a go for a meet sometime in August or September, I could proably make it except for Labor day weekend and the weekend after (going camping). I will try to look see more instead of waiting 3 weeks to get online.

fuzzy
07/31/2007, 10:42 AM
Y'all can all come out to the Air Force Academy THIS FRIDAY (Aug 3rd) and watch me try to compete in a car show (of course with the VX!!). Better yet, you can enter your own VX into the show on-site for $20 and be a part of the fun. 0730 is the time to enter the lot (Prep School Grounds near the Community Center) and the actual show runs from 1000-1500. Base-wide picnic will be happening at the same time, so expect lots of people, music, food, booths, cadets flinging their bodies towards the ground, etc.

And yes, the show (both competing and viewing) is open to the public.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.978836,-104.861133&spn=0.005288,0.01192&t=h&z=17&om=1

Cheers,

pbkid
07/31/2007, 03:09 PM
beej, i would have been in, but #1 i dont even have a VX anymore, its dead. #2 im in chicago =)

vxDAKINECHICvx
07/31/2007, 05:36 PM
Sorry guys...I don't have access to the internet at the house in Steamboat, so it was difficult for me. I'm up for another chance, but it seems like everybody is too busy these days. -not willing to plan. BUT if it turns out we can all plan something, then like I said, Im in!

MSHardeman
08/01/2007, 03:08 PM
I'm like "The Chick", I don't have internet access at the house, and I REALLY didn't feel like going in to work at 8pm on a Sunday.

I, too, am still up for a little get together just about any time. I'm heading to the Telluride Blues and Brews in mid-September (anyone want to go?), and I'll be doing the 24 Hours of Moab in mid-October, but other than that I should be free.

Maybe we should just plan a skiing/boarding get together for opening day on one of the mountains.

mdwyer
08/01/2007, 05:39 PM
I'm like "The Chick", I don't have internet access at the house, and I REALLY didn't feel like going in to work at 8pm on a Sunday.

No internet at home?! :eek: How do you survive ?!

Would a Sunday meet-up work if we planned it during the week? I'm still not sure I could make it back in time (I'll be parked on I-70 trying to get back to Denver this Sunday evening. :mad: ) but maybe the weekend after?

That is, would you have been able to come last Sunday if you had known about it?

Ldub
08/01/2007, 05:50 PM
beej, i would have been in, but #1 i dont even have a VX anymore, its dead. #2 im in chicago =)

WTF???...Last I checked, Chi-town is a far piece off from your last known whereabouts.(I seem to remember you pointed in the direction of the left coast last we met) What's goin' on ?

PM me if you want, so as not to jack this thread any further :rolleyes: ...sorry.