PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Atlanta, GA Mechanic for my 99 VX

weareallteeth
06/30/2007, 11:48 PM
Does anyone know of a good HONEST mechanic where I can start to take my 99 VX? I need so much work done on it plus the 120k mile tune up...AND:

-Intake Manifold Gaskets
-O2 Sensors
-Timing Belt
-Spark Plugs
-Replace Windows (both bind)
-Insulate doors
-Speaker installation
-Oil Change and flush engine
-Replace PCV Valve

Please let me know...I don't want to deal with horrible Isuzu Dealerships anymore :-(

weareallteeth
07/01/2007, 08:33 AM
Bump?

Joe_Black
07/01/2007, 01:37 PM
PM your contact info and I'll send it along to see if Mr. Schellenberg can fit you in. :)

Maugan_VX
08/03/2007, 04:10 AM
I highly recommend the gentleman that Joe Black has mentioned. He's done some work for me in the past and has always done top notch work as if the vehicle were his own.

johnnyapollo
08/03/2007, 05:19 AM
Going up to John's this weekend to get some work done - he works out of his house so it's not a complete setup (he used to be a fabricator at a speed shop and actually gave up being a full-time mechanic to teach Jr. High School Science), but he does have most of what's needed for maintenance, new brakes/rotors, that sort of thing. He's also an experienced Rallycross guy with a couple of rigs he races.

-- John

Maugan_VX
08/03/2007, 05:28 AM
Hey Johnny,

I'm actually going to tackle the timing belt change the weekend or early next week. I'll have John's number on speed dial when I have a question I'm sure :)

Hows the proton doing?

johnnyapollo
08/03/2007, 06:35 PM
Proton is well - may have some news for everyone after the weekend.

-- John