PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new windshield....

Ebony1433
06/27/2007, 07:58 PM
So, I park my truck this morning at work, and I notice a 6 inch crack across the driver's side (OF COURSE it is on the driver's side), where there wasn't one last night...so, after a 90 degree day,with a severe thunderstorm thrown in this afternoon...that crack is now about a foot and a half... :mad:
So, it looks like I'm on the hunt for a new one...anyone replace theirs recently? What did that set you back? Better yet, anyone order a new windshield from Merlin at St. Charles Isuzu lately?

CrnCnn
06/27/2007, 09:42 PM
Mine has been cracked for about 3 months. on the pass. side its not in my vision. I have just been lazy, so i am curious too any trouble getting one?

Joe_Black
06/27/2007, 10:00 PM
I've had two replaced and it was a no-cost service through State Farm Insurance. Basically called my agent to let them know I had road damage and a short time later the mobile glass service called to schedule. Both replacment windshields (separate VX's, my '99 and '01) look great and don't leak at all, which would be readily apparent here in FL.

So check with your insurance company as most have standard no-cost replacement of front windshields as it's considered a no-fault safety issue.

Ebony1433
06/28/2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks Joe Black....that probably is a good call....I'll give that a shot. Be nice to get something back for all those premiums over the years....

kobie
06/28/2007, 09:35 PM
I replaced mine a few months ago... If memory serves me correctly, the aftermarket brand was $250 and the official replacement was $900+. The closest Isuzu windsheild was in Ohio. Be sure to order the one without the blue tint at the top. They mistakenly delivered the wrong one and it took a whole day to find the one without the top tint.

Kenny
06/28/2007, 10:39 PM
Be careful going too too long with a crack that goes to the edge. I've seen water get in there over time and cause a bit of rust on the frame around the windshield; and then it could be a bit costly when it comes to replacement. They have to do extra body work to get rid of the rust to make the integral frame-glass connection...

Ebony1433
07/06/2007, 02:14 PM
Well, State Farm may have taken good care of Joe Black, but AIG isn't going to help me out....I was informed that even AIG considers a cracked windshield to be no-fault (generous of them), my deductible is $500, and the replacement is $310...grrrrr.
I SO need to find a new insurance company....I pay a LOT of money for bad service...similar to the IRS.....