PDA

View Full Version : what spark plugs are you using???

IndianaVX
06/25/2007, 06:04 PM
i am without my vx, again, but when i asked the mechanic why they charged me 60 some odd dollars for champion double platnum spark plugs, (which i found for 1.89) she said that that is the plug that isuzu reccomended, and that they had to get them from isuzu......:rolleyes: i told her that i thought that the vx NEEDED the iurdium plugs, or it wouldnt run right, and she looked at me like --->:rolleyes: heck, for the price they charged, i would have thrown in the extra 10 bucks to get the iurdium plugs!!
i thought that was the case due to the "ionic sensor" thingiy...that the plug was actually a "sensor" of sorts..... maybe im wrong....
ive heard that the quad fire plugs arent that good in the vx....
i checked the search for spark plugs, and only got general, "replace spark plugs" or similar.

Questions.....

1. are the factory sparkplugs that last 100,000 miles champion dbl plat???

2. are the iurduium plugs necessary?? im sure it would run better, but are they necessary??

3. specificly, for those that have replaced them, what did you use?

thanks, as usual
david

and for future peoples searches..........

spark plug, spark plugs spark plug type type of spark plug plugs

JHarris1385
06/25/2007, 07:14 PM
Here is my old thread

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=10159

But yeah I bet your OEM's were fine. I have NGK 5456

IndianaVX
06/25/2007, 07:28 PM
spurk plugs........

thanks john, i remember reading that post, but couldnt find it when searching "spark" plugs....

thanks bud

VCrossfan
06/25/2007, 07:40 PM
Denso Iridium IK16 ...Luv'em

djkymar
06/25/2007, 08:03 PM
Im running Bosch Platinum +4
You can feel the difference

MZ-N10
06/25/2007, 09:02 PM
i believe the vx has ngk plantium spark plugs from factory. and they were rated at 100k if i remember correctly

PHO2GR4
06/26/2007, 12:59 AM
NGK Iridiums, I think. I'm pretty sure it'll say so in my signature below! :cool:

What I like best about them is that they create a spark which assists in the combustion part of my internal combustioin engine. They're pretty good at that sparking thing. I haven't actually SEEN them sparking and combusting, but I'm pretty sure that they are doing it. Repeatedly. The entire time I'm driving, anyway.

I highly recommend them. Although in fairness, there are probably a lot of other spark plugs out there which also spark (and subsequently combust) just as nicely.

JHarris1385
06/26/2007, 06:47 AM
Stock is Denso Iriduims rated at a 100K.