PDA

View Full Version : woo hoo! My VX passed!

etlsport
06/25/2007, 04:24 PM
sent my oil out to blackstone labs to get an analysis done.. my oil passed with flying colors.. heres what they had to say....

ERIC: Only a slightly low viscosity kept this from being a perfect report. Universal averages for the 3.5L are based on an oil run of ~5,100 miles. This oil wasn't in use quite that long but it could have easily gone the distance. Wear was very low and properly balanced. No fuel, coolant, or moisture was found and the slightly low viscosity isn't a problem. Silicon and insolubles read normally showing good air and oil filtration. At 53,100 miles we have no problems to report. As nicely as your engine wears you could easily get more use out of your oil. Try 5K miles next time.

sweeeet.. that big time calms my nerves about my engine.. and will save me some moolah!

attached is the entire report.. pretty sweet!

nfpgasmask
06/25/2007, 04:31 PM
That's cool. What did it run you?

Bart

sent my oil out to blackstone labs to get an analysis done.. my oil passed with flying colors.. heres what they had to say....

ERIC: Only a slightly low viscosity kept this from being a perfect report. Universal averages for the 3.5L are based on an oil run of ~5,100 miles. This oil wasn't in use quite that long but it could have easily gone the distance. Wear was very low and properly balanced. No fuel, coolant, or moisture was found and the slightly low viscosity isn't a problem. Silicon and insolubles read normally showing good air and oil filtration. At 53,100 miles we have no problems to report. As nicely as your engine wears you could easily get more use out of your oil. Try 5K miles next time.

sweeeet.. that big time calms my nerves about my engine.. and will save me some moolah!

attached is the entire report.. pretty sweet!

etlsport
06/25/2007, 05:14 PM
$22.50