PDA

View Full Version : VX ABS Light on adn off today!!!!!!!

VXNIT
06/25/2007, 04:17 PM
ANy ideas of way to troubleshoot? After readinjg threads of Module bad adn 2300.00 cost I am a little concerned. It went off after VX set a few hours them 5 miles into drive it was back on.....Any advice apreciated or info on those who have had same issues ans how they solved...Thanks

Dino
06/25/2007, 04:29 PM
Easiest and first place to look, wheel sensors. Pull them and clean any small bits of metal that my be clinging to them. They are magnetic so they will attract and hold metal shavings and this will mess up the signal to the control unit. Then on comes the ABS light, and the system is back to a conventional brake system, just without the ABS aspect.

Try pulling the wire harness plug from the control unit and put it back on. Very remote chance it's a faulty conection there.

Mine is on all the time but I haven't had the time to do a complete troubleshoot on the system yet.

VXNIT
06/27/2007, 08:05 PM
It appears mine only comes on after brakes get heated, say 10 mile drive. It is off every morning but soon returns and once on stays on. So, does heat narrow casues?