PDA

View Full Version : Another window question

MarkD
06/20/2007, 03:07 PM
Hi,
I'm not a VX owner yet, but I found one for sale. It's a very nice low mile (52K) Black 2001. I took it for a drive and had a blast. Based on what I have read here, I included a check of the power window operation. I figured if they worked and I kept up on the silicone lube, I'd be fine.

Well, the passenger side worked great. Drivers side went down smoothly and swiftly, but would not budge going up without being helped every inch of the way. And not just a little, it really took a pretty good push.

I was test driving it as a very patient girlfriend of the owner who had to leave for work stuck around while I nitpicked around a little. She didn't have time to wait for me to go to the store and buy lube and I guess it really wouldn't have been appropriate for me to be attempting roadside repairs on someone else's car anyway.

So, I guess my question is... Does this sound like a situation where lube stands a good chance of fixing it or is it going to require the new regulator to fix and the lube going fwd to keep things working?

Thanks for a very informative forum. Once again, I have learned that regardless of the topic, there's a group of people out in the ether that have a passion for it, huh? ;)

Dino
06/20/2007, 03:31 PM
You can probably do the same fixes found here for windows and take care of the problem yourself. Worst case, you'll need a new motor.