PDA

View Full Version : Need a remote for keyless entry??????

Dino
06/15/2007, 01:23 AM
I just got one from these folks for $43 shipped to Hawaii. It works great and programing it took all of 10 seconds! COOL!!!

Keyless Ride (http://www.keylessride.com/)

TexVeX
06/17/2007, 09:40 AM
My BF wants me to get one. But I never used the one I had for the Rodeo because I didn't like the "bark" it made the car horn do every time I used it. Do they all do that? If I could get it to lock and unlock silently I might get one.

Dino
06/17/2007, 09:47 AM
Chirp, bark, toot, beep, honk, FLASH FLASH...

All car alarms let you know with sound and light that you just pushed a button on the remote. IF you can find the wire from the alarm that feeds power to the horn, it could be disabled. BUT, the anti-theft-make-some-noise part would be missing. Someone could be messing with the car and no alarm would sound. :(

The VX alarm makes a soft quick "chirp" when you use it. It's just loud enough to hear, but not loud enough to be annoying.

Ldub
06/17/2007, 09:59 AM
I think you could disable the chirper without affecting the alarm.
The chirper thing is wrapped in foam & located on the drivers side under the hood.
The alarm sys. uses the horns to make all kinds of noise.

Also, the chirper only works about half the time anyway. :rolleyes:

etlsport
06/17/2007, 10:04 AM
you can also turn off the chirp, but still use the alarm... from the vx keyless entry manual....

To change teh buzzer operation mode, follow these steps:

Sit in the driver seat with all doors and tailgate window closed (lol.. must be copied from a rodeo or somethin)

press and release the remote controls top button once to lock the doors thehn once again to unlock the driver's door only

open drivers side door

insert key into the ignition and turn it to "on" (not acc) 5 times lock-on-lock-on-lock-on-lock-on-lock-on in a 10 second period

the buzzer will chirp, lights will flash once, status indicator LED til turn on for 30 seconds

within those 30 seconds close the drivers side door, then turn the ignition to the off position

to turn the buzzer back on do everything mentioned above, but during the 30 seconds when you close the door, open it and close it again before turning the ignition to the off position

you can download the manual here....

http://www.tonemonday.com/storage/vehicross_alarm_manual.pdf

JGeorge264
06/17/2007, 11:54 AM
Wow, and I though doing the hokey pokey was confusing! ;eekp;

TexVeX
06/17/2007, 12:04 PM
That's why I never bothered to try and disable my Rodeo chirper. Also I was afraid the alarm would not work because it did not say if it would. I guess I will save the 40$ for something else cool Since I never used keyless entry before anyway. If I had gotten one with this one I might have finally tried all that confusing disabling though.

etlsport
06/17/2007, 12:22 PM
lol thats actually pretty simple compared to the alarm i had in my subaru... im pretty sure the directions recommended the use of a sacrificial chicken and 3 pounds of whole cashews (not halves.. they had to be whole).... :rolleyes: lol

Dino
06/17/2007, 05:19 PM
I followed those instructions to the LETTER and I cannot get it out of passive arming mode. hmmmmmm

to
the
letter

:(

I_Wanna_Retire
06/17/2007, 06:33 PM
Anybody got a spare OEM remote? Mine died today.