PDA

View Full Version : VX Frame

Medman
05/23/2003, 02:13 PM
Does anyone know if the VX frame/frontend similar to the '93-'98 Rodeo, or does the VX have different dimensions altogether?

Moncha
05/23/2003, 02:27 PM
The frame is actually from a 2 door trooper made in Japan.. Everything is the same save for the wheelbase

Medman
05/23/2003, 03:29 PM
Moncha,

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering because I wondering if a Rodeo/Trooper grille guard (without the wrap around headlight guards) would fit our VX's. If anyone has any input, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Moncha
05/23/2003, 03:33 PM
Two totally different front ends. Ours is way more curved so probably not.. Here's a solution from Tone Monday & Asscociates (http://www.tonemonday.com/accessories.htm), look at the Safari Bar. See if that fits your bill..

Medman
05/23/2003, 03:51 PM
Thanks again for the reply,
I've seen Tone's safari bar, but it's just not the look I'm going for.
Do you know if the safari bar is mounted on brackets that could be used with other applications? As you can see, I'm still a little sore over the fallen-through Trailready deal. If any other possible suggestions short of constructing/building my own, please feel free to mention.
All the best!

JAFO
05/23/2003, 04:04 PM
still a little sore over the fallen-through Trailready deal

Ditto. I would be interested in the Trailready If anyone else wants to try again? Say Chirstmas or something?

Moncha
05/23/2003, 04:27 PM
The brackets are custom made for the VX, outside of making a custom one i'm not sure of what's out there. If you have a cool parts person you could order ones that look close then match something up but, Tone has done most of that work. Hence the Safari Bar.

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/31/2003, 07:22 PM
I wonder if whoever it was that started the whole trailready group buy ever got one made for themselves?

I really liked the look of the concept drawing and would love to buy one for my VX. I was prepared to buy one then but didn't send in a deposit because we were so far from the required amount of people it didn't seem worth it to try. I hope it can be done in the future.

zadam123
06/01/2003, 08:40 AM
I can tell you that if you buy the mounts for a trooper and the safari bar it can be done. I bought the mounts from a trooper and a universal safari bar and it works, the only diffrence is there is a 3-4 inch space seperating the bar from the front end, compaired to tones which the bar almost touches the front. I gurss the troopers bumper sticks out more than ours so if you buy the grill it may stick out a bit from the bumper

hope this helps.

adam

SPAZZ
06/01/2003, 09:18 AM
Only ME and one other person put their deposit down with TrailReady for the Front Bar. Not even the person who started that whole thing put a deposit down, so he/she did not get one made for themselves.
All of you who are dissapointed seriously dissapoint me because we had our chance. I jumped on it and one other person, where were all of you then....scratching your heads trying to decide.:mad: :confused: