http://www.4x4wire.com/gallery/readers_rigs/Isuzu/b_ackerson.jpg
This looks like the landing would hurt.

Navigator
05/23/2003, 12:26 PM
DAYUM ;eekg;

WormGod
05/23/2003, 12:52 PM
Better him than me.

Looks like a Photoshop job with the contrast in vehicle amd background/foreground, but still crazy nevertheless. :) Scary!

VXD959
05/23/2003, 07:59 PM
Great pic! Definitely "photo chopped": the angle of the jump does not correspond to the rest of the environment. To get "air" like that (almost 45 degrees) the vehicle needs a launch pad of at least 60 degrees (not even insight), plus a speed of at least 45mph, which makes the landing almost impossible at an inclination of - 30 degrees without suffering a major "accident", a.k.a.
"wet spots on your clothing, inside and out, with possible trauma to your lower rear end..."

I guess I'm watching too much of the "New Detectives" series...;eeky;
;Db;

AnalogVX
05/23/2003, 11:36 PM
No, it's not chopped. That pic I believe is frame taken from a video shot. It's been posted on the wire.

*edit* I searched and searched. Bumble-VX can you help out? I know I saw that video somewhere!

BumbleV-X
05/25/2003, 12:50 AM
I can help out a little. I emailed Randii for the specifics. I do know it's not photo choped, as I remember you are right in saying it was from a video clip. Randii himself offered it for a calander. I let him know this was posted here, and that people thought it was a "edited" maybe he will step up to answer the questions.

Deby

*update to my post*
I was corrected in my belief that this is/was Randii.
My appologies in misleading the public.

Randii
05/25/2003, 02:39 AM
Nope... not me. I try to avoid launching 2.5 tons of Uzi. :D

I'm guessing this is from East of the Mississippi? I wanna hear from the driver about THAT landing!

Randii

AnalogVX
05/25/2003, 05:18 AM
It's someone named B. Ackerson Anybody know him?

BumbleV-X
05/25/2003, 10:05 AM
OK, I stand corrected. Please accept my appologies. I will stand back and also correct my former posts. I thought for sure I had seen this before with Randii's name attached to it.

Deby

Dang I hate being wrong. lol

Randii
05/25/2003, 09:28 PM
Being wrong is part of the human condition... I'll admit to being at least as human as the next person. ;po;

Though I try to avoid catching air in my truck, I gotta say that this picture is AWESOME and part of me wishes that pic was me! :D The next few frames, though (the ones we don't see) make me glad that this wasn't my truck! ;eeko;

Randii

sugino
05/26/2003, 06:26 AM
http://www.4x4wire.com/cgi-bin/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=readers_rigs/Isuzu&image=b_ackerson.jpg&img=&tt=

WormGod
05/28/2003, 12:21 PM
I had a rollcage in my old Amigo. I sure hope he did. ;)