PDA

View Full Version : Me sick, VX sick

Anita
05/22/2003, 02:31 PM
Okay, I'm finally alive again after being sick in bed after returning from Moab. After fighting a losing battle with a throat virus all the while while I was at Moab, the adrenaline dropped and so did I.

This week I developed some interesting problems with the VX that I wanted to share. Last weekend I blew a fuse which took out the tail lights and console lights. Tried replacing the fuse only for it to blow as well. Took it to my great mechanic at Sierra Motors. After taking half the car apart they found the culprit. It is worth mentioning since this may happen to you. We found that the wiring harness behind the left headlight had slowly been rubbing against a bracket and finally caused one wire to ground. A very difficult fix due to where the harness is located. Problem found and repaired... No charge.

Next morning started the truck and headed to work. With every gear shift up and down, the car bucked violently. No engine or tranny light, no strange sounds. Stopped at work for a few hours and took off again for the dealer. The problem disappeared. Went to the dealer anyway and discussed some possible causes. They asked me if my dash indicator lights sometime flickers from one gear indication to another. Like being in "drive" but the light flickers to "low". And with slight movement of the shift knob, the lights jump around.

They sent me home with a list of what to watch for and to-do's. THe truck was fine for the rest of the day and evening. Next morning it did it again. Gear lights were flickering. Drove directly to the dealer. Didnt even stop where I was supposed to -- went right to the car bay where my mechanic was waiting. He drove the car around came back and plugged the scanner in. The problem was that my Mode Switch was going out. Problem solved. No charge.

Big thank you to Steve, my service rep and Sierra Motors in Monrovia and to the best mechanc a girl could have, Mike. My thanks go also to Andy454 for the detailed advice.. (got to love the knowledge gathered on these forums)! Thank you Andy!

Now that I and the truck are well, I will take some pics of my first "trail trophy" . Sorry Ron, your beautiful skid plate gave its life in order to save my front bumper. Not too bad, but bad enough...;eekr;

Also, I want to post pictures of the chrome mirror covers that Deby made. They worked great and looked very cool. Black vinyl with the Vehicross logo machine embroidered on. Velcrowed on with elastic. Very very nice Deby!!!

Another wonderful trip to Moab... just wished I wasnt sick, but so glad I went!!!;Dr;

ron
05/22/2003, 04:39 PM
hey Anita...

Glad to hear you made it back safe. Sorry to hear you and your VX got sick soon after.

Didn't know that you were going to use the skidplate at Moab. I like to see the damages myself. Any pics you can post? Are you sure that it's not salvageable? My curious mind wants to know. ;)

BTW, Cindy, me and the baby may be taking a trip down south, maybe as far down as Santa Barbara this coming Memorial day weekend. Maybe we can hook up for lunch perhaps?

Anita
05/22/2003, 06:36 PM
Ron.. I would love to see you all! Got something going on on Saturday eve but Sunday and Monday Im gonna be free. Email me your plans.

Moncha
05/23/2003, 09:02 AM
Sorry to hear you are sick Anita! Hope you feel better soon!

Post the pics of your bras soon!! I love the idea and they do look good! Nice work Deb!

Navigator
05/23/2003, 09:43 AM
Glad to hear both you and your VX are on the mend Anita. BTW, those mirror covers seem mighty familiar for some reason :D Glad it worked out for you.

BlackVX
05/23/2003, 02:11 PM
Anita,
Thanks for sharing. I always appreciate warnings like that.
Not everyone will comment about their problems with the VX.
I'm also glad that everything is back on track for you.