PDA

View Full Version : Carbonic oxide in interior of the car costing in water...

djkymar
06/04/2007, 08:57 PM
I was searching last night and here is what i found on one of the russian website.
Carbonic oxide in interior of the car costing in water.

"Very rare in Russia, and all over the world the car (it is let out all 12 thousand pieces). As well as in the previous cases, we have involved this machine in the test not to define data of this model. It was more important to understand, that can be expected from cars of a similar class. Results have surprised us. The maintenance WITH in interior gradually increased and to last gauging exceeded maximum concentration limit in 7-8 times. It, certainly, harmfully, but to serious consequences the finding in a similar atmosphere will not result. By the way, high enough concentration of hydrocarbons has noted been also. But it was necessary to include the conditioner as maintenance ВВ in air of interior has there and then fallen up to zero. Conclusion is results Isuzu VehiCross have appeared far are not irreproachable. However, up to really dangerous figures still far enough."

here is original link http://www.off-road-drive.ru/index.php?link=161590
http://www.off-road-drive.ru/etc/big-co09.jpg

http://www.off-road-drive.ru/etc/big-co07.jpg

http://www.off-road-drive.ru/etc/big-co01.jpg
Vx is last car on left

They tested these cars
Jeep Cherokee
Nissan Patrol
Land Rover Defender
Nissan Titan
Isuzu VehiCross
UAZ-31622

If anyone interested hear relts about those other cars let me know i can translate and put it on here i will just say in UAZ-31622 after a couple minutes in water with closed windows you will die. So VX is pretty save car =)

Dino
06/04/2007, 11:14 PM
Excellent!

I'm glad they performed the test in ambient dihydrogenoxide!! :_thinking

PHO2GR4
06/05/2007, 02:32 AM
Excellent!

I'm glad they performed the test in ambient dihydrogenoxide!! :_thinking

Yeah, seems like overkill when they could have used good old H20...

:cool:

etlsport
06/05/2007, 02:58 AM
yea!!.. i mean wait huh.. i have no clue whats going on :confused:

IndianaVX
06/05/2007, 07:54 AM
yea!!.. i mean wait huh.. i have no clue whats going on :confused:

im flashing back to grade school when the teacher said "dont be afraid to ask a question, because others have the same question" lol:)

is what they are testing when the exhaust is under water, and how much carbonic oxide comes into the cabin ??? im just not following either, but glad the vx kicked some anti carbonic oxide glutomus maximus !!!! YESSSS!!

JHarris1385
06/05/2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah I am awaiting the answer on this too.

PHO2GR4
06/05/2007, 09:24 AM
Hint: "-ide" is a suffix in chemistry-speak for "one".

Another indicator of one would be "mono".

Hence, carbon monoxide. Something you wouldn't want to be breathing while driving across a dangerous Russian river.

(Okay, I still don't get why they were trying to commit suicide in a Russian river.)

PHO2GR4
06/05/2007, 09:26 AM
I also got a kick out of Bandit's "ambient dihydrogenoxide" comment.

Hint: "Di-" is the chemistry-speak prefix for "two".

Two hydrogens...one oxygen...um...

djkymar
06/05/2007, 10:08 AM
Yes they testing cars if your exhaust under the water and how much bad gases will go to your cabin. They did that test because of one tragical story that happend here is teh story: "On May, 29th at some place in Russia the areas of St.-Petersburg has started 8-th international traditional offroad meet call " Gold the Flank Ladoga ". This meet - the world's largest adventure on impassability. The organizer of competition - St.-Petersburg " Off-road Club " - has prepared for participants a route in the extent in 1200 km. For nine days crews from 15 countries should overcome more than 100 km crazy roads, to round the Ladoga lake largest in the Europe and again to return on place where they start … " From these lines the diary of the famous competitions begins. But news of next day were unexpectedly brief and terrible - " on May, 30th there was a tragedy - has poisoned with carbonic oxide and the member of crew 502 Cyril Rediskin was lost. The second member of crew - Maxim Olejnik - is in a grave condition ". Then again there were reports about competitions, victories and failures. The trouble has faded into the background. Speak, once - the accident, two - concurrence, three - law. And so, when from year to year people perish under the same circumstances, it is law. Very terrible law fastened on death, the deserted families, tears close and irreplaceable losses. This clause - a tribute of memory to victims and caution alive."

So basicly 2 guys in one car stock in midle of river car was on water, the exhaus, and they couldnt get out. It was cold outside so they went sleep in car with engine on for heater and in the morning when someone was passing by saw their car standing alone in river. The car they were in was UAZ the one i describe above. So driver was dead and second driver was in really bad condition. After that they decide to do a test and here is some results.

etlsport
06/05/2007, 11:18 AM
yea i got the carbon monoxide part.. just didnt know why they were putting cars in a river and taking measurements.. thanks for the clarification vlad, i guess thats good to know... although its a rare occasion that i run the vx with exhaust underwater haha... always like to see VX in articles though

djkymar
06/05/2007, 07:41 PM
yeah well when russians going offroad they mean it, because sometimes they can be stock in a midle of nowhere and go sleep and early morning keep going. Thats what happend with those guys they stock in water and it was dark outside so sleepy time and noone knew that running engine and exhaust undr the water can cause serious danger like that so they test out most popular cars people going offroad to warning people. I personaly wouldnt leave my engine running and sleep in a car with my windows close, you never know what can happend. I post all that on here you warning you guys if someone ever go offroad and stock in water do not run your engine and sleep.

Chopper
06/06/2007, 03:00 PM
Promise...I will not sleep in any car parked in a river( :confused: ) engine running or not. Craziest way to die I've heard of in some time...Darwin award candidate for sure.

djkymar
06/06/2007, 07:47 PM
yeah it sounds crazy to die in your car but events like that happening every year when people offroading.

Dino
06/06/2007, 08:13 PM
I can see how this would be potentially fatal. OK you've got a vehicle with exhaust bubbling in the water. The water is acting like a seal on the floorpan. The gasses collect, and make their way into the cabin through drain holes and seams in the floor structure and through the firewall. Bad news. Heavier than air as I recall, so it would displace all good air and you'd suffocate.

Thanks for sharing that one djkymar. Good off-road safety tip!!