PDA

View Full Version : Road trip!

coachreed
05/22/2003, 12:36 PM
Getting ready to make a little road trip this saturday morning... to the tune of 1250 miles in one day... driving from Kansas City, MO at around 5am and should arrive in Sarasota, FL around midnight or 1am... this will be the first long drive for me in the VX... I usually drive this trip when I had my Trans Am... so it should be interesting. I'm also making my first trip with my PV Muffler. I guess I'll get to see if it makes a difference in gas mileage. If you live between the two places and see an Ironman VX with MO plates... could very well be me. I'll see ya on the road! TTYL!

Coach!

sagwagon
05/22/2003, 06:34 PM
Randy; Are you coming thru the St. Louis area on your way? If so, are you interested in a 30 minute breakfast break along I-70 with another VX'er or 2? Could be an interesting quick mini-meet! Steve

coachreed
05/23/2003, 05:03 AM
Steve-
Yeah, we could probably do that. If I leave when I want to, I'd be getting into the STL area around 8-8:30am. What part or STL are you in? Where would you like to meet? I'll check back later, but in case you want to, you can call my cell phone... 816-935-4986... if I don't answer, leave a quick message and I'll get back with ya. I'll chat with you later.

Randy

sagwagon
05/23/2003, 01:00 PM
Randy; Glad you can make it. I live in St. Charles, just west of St. Louis. I know you'll want to get back on the road quickly, so we'll meet at any of these right off of I-70. McDonalds, IHOP, Cracker Barrell or Denny's. You choose, any of these will work and I'll post under 'Meets' in case any other area VX'ers want to show. Just post which of these you prefer and directions/details will follow tonight. Should be fun! ;Db; Steve

coachreed
05/23/2003, 11:41 PM
Dang... here it is, 1:40am... and I haven't even THOUGHT about going to bed yet! Tomorrow's gonna be a LOOOOONG day. Any of those sound fine to me... McD's seems to be a safe bet usually though since my son likes that... he'd be happy to stop there. Of course, he like Lenny's... I mean Denny's... too. So... anyway. I'll be swinging into town around 8am... I think... I hope... I need to get to bed... SOOOOON! I'll check back here in the AM before I shut down for the week... if you haven't gotten this yet, just give me a call in the AM and we can talk. Should be available pretty much anytime... don't think I'll be sleepin. Anywho... I'll talk to you in the morning... Later!

Randy! <--- can be reached at 816-935-4986

coachreed
05/24/2003, 02:53 AM
Welp... 4:52am... the only thing left to pack is my son... toss him in the car... and we're on the road... I'll see you in a few hours... I think... hope to hear from you. TTYL!

Coach... aka Randy!

sagwagon
05/25/2003, 08:28 PM
Randy; How did the road trip go? Hope all went well. Thanks for stopping by for breakfast---Mitchell's a great kid. Remember to post when the off-road and camping events come up. Hope to see you at one of those. SWW

coachreed
05/28/2003, 01:22 PM
The road trip went well (except for a ticket for 81 in a 65 zone... anyone know an attorney in KY?)... at least the one way. I got into Sarasota at 2:30am... 1:30am central time. I will be heading back that way on Sunday... or maybe Mondya... or maybe Tuesday... or maybe NOT at all. ;pb; ;Db; I'll post when I get back to KC... and I'll post when we get the plans together for the Tuttle Creek outing. It was good meeting with you!

TTYL!

Coach... aka Randy!

WyrreJ
05/28/2003, 07:04 PM
Valentine1 with concealed display is your friend. Too late for getting the KY, but there is always a next time.

coachreed
05/29/2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by WyrreJ
Valentine1 with concealed display is your friend. Too late for getting the KY, but there is always a next time.

Yeah, great suggestion... too bad I didn't do that before my trip. Too bad I won't have the money for it anytime soon either... especially since I got that dang ticket.

Originally posted by SPAZZ
Getting the KY ?????????HHmmmmmmmmmmmmm...sounds like too much fun.

ps-gives me an idea......need a tube to take to the dealer to help my VX go in a little easier when they turn me around for repairs because I don't have a factory muffler;eekp; ......oh messy

Your scareing me man! I don't wanna thing of KY being used for ME... ok, I don't think I'm gonna go any further... I guess I can understand the fear of catching crap when going for warranty work. Oh well... I checked my extended warranty and it will still be covered... obviously not the exhaust system but I have a GOOD friend who takes care of all of that for me, so its all good.

TTYL!

Coach... aka Randy!