PDA

View Full Version : VX accident

Mr.Badguy
06/02/2007, 07:42 PM
On Friday, May 18, i was hit in the front of my VX by a kid driving a Dodge Dakota pick-up truck. The kid was trying to pass a tractor trailer that was turning right-the kid thought the truck was turning left. When the kid ran out of room, he slammed into the front of me. I was lucky that the airbags didn't go off, it was a jarring hit, but soft enough too prevent them from inflating. I was hit right in the center of the VX, damaging the bumper, grill, and most importantly the hood. the impact curled the hood, and set it off to one side. The police came, did a report, and all that stuff..i was able to drive it home, but my insurance company wanted it towed to the repair shop. It went out on the 21st and i got it back on the 30th. they replaced the front end parts, including some damage that you couldn't see, and they replaced the hood, which they had to wait to get from Isuzu. The shop owner told me that my vx was the first he's seen, or worked on. He also told me that his isuzu supplier never had to order VX parts before. I was happy with the repairs, the VX looks as good as new. I was so worried about the shop not finding parts, but it turned out not to be a real problem. total damage to the VX was a little over $2400. Now i'm happy to have my VX back. Sometimes you take everything for granted, but no one was hurt, and the VX was repaired.

2K1 1K2
06/02/2007, 07:50 PM
great to hear you're ok. also, nice to hear that there was a happy ending!

take care!

-jose

cyronman
06/02/2007, 07:53 PM
Congratulations!
I'd say all ended rather fine and QUICKLY.
It's reassuring to hear there was no problem for them to find parts also.

Cy

PHO2GR4
06/02/2007, 08:02 PM
I love a happy ending!

And I hate kids in Dodge Dakotas!

Dino
06/02/2007, 10:17 PM
Glad all is well. You got away lucky all around!!!

How was the kid and his truck??? :confused:

Mr.Badguy
06/02/2007, 10:48 PM
Yes all is well, including the kid that hit me. When the cop looked at his truck, he asked the kid if he was in a prior accident, and he told the officer that yes he was in a prior accident. but like i said, everyone was ok, just shaken up.

Bimati
06/03/2007, 04:00 AM
Congratulations!
I'd say all ended rather fine and QUICKLY.
It's reassuring to hear there was no problem for them to find parts also.

Cy

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Bim

TexVeX
06/03/2007, 02:36 PM
Thank goodness everything turned out ok.

Gussie2000
02/13/2008, 05:14 PM
It seems that this guy wil have hard times finding a good & affordable insurance policy since this isn't his frist accident.probally the insurance wouldn't issue another premium fro him.

But i'm happy that every thing end up good & the VX is back on the street :)