PDA

View Full Version : magnetic bra

etlsport
05/31/2007, 07:43 PM
ive been in contact with Bob Lefevre of magnetbra.com about getting a magnetic bra made for the VX, he said that he has a design for it that has not been tested for a perfect fit, he said if any trimming is needed, it will be less than 1/8" and able to be done with scissors.. he also said a discount may be available on a group buy, depending on the size of the group, retail is $50 plus $10 shipping, but that $10 will cover shipping of up to 3 bras.. anyone interested? here is a pic he sent me...
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IM000038.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IM000038.JPG)

IndianaVX
05/31/2007, 08:18 PM
I like it ALOT!!!!
now, the question......what kind of price are we looking at???
it would be nice if there were little "triangles" to go from headlights down the side to the cladding, but cant have everything.
i wonder if the lower leading edge has a "hooked edge" to hook under the front of the hood, or is it just a str8 edge.
anyway, i think that what is in the picture looks great.
i would be interested if the price is close to right..........
david

etlsport
05/31/2007, 08:25 PM
here is what he sent me about pricing...

"The retail price of the bra is $49.95 and shipping is $10.95. I can ship up to three bras together for no additional shipping charge (to US addresses). If you were to organize a group buy I could discount the bras. The size of the discount would depend on the number of orders. Orders received by 11:00 AM Pacific time are shipped the same day and shipping time is about 3 days. Regarding trimming the bras, it may not even be necessary. I just haven't had a chance to check it."

etlsport
05/31/2007, 08:29 PM
im sure if i (we) asked about those triangles he would either try to make one, or sell some of the material so we could make one..

the reason i want it is that i dont really like the look of a bra.. but want the protection of it, so during long trips (once every 2-3 weeks for me) i can slap it on to protect and during offroad outings as well

Pghachey
05/31/2007, 09:30 PM
I would be willing to get one as the price seems fair and shipping is also fair.
I also like what Bim did with his spray-on bra, looks sharp. Let me know when we need to place an order, hopefully next week (next paycheck). Thanks :cool:

PHO2GR4
05/31/2007, 09:50 PM
Hey Bra...nice find!

If it FITS, I could be persuaded to join in on the group buy. My old '99 already has a few rock chips, so I could now

1) hide them behind the bra, and
2) prevent NEW dings.

Um...if it FITS.

etlsport
05/31/2007, 10:15 PM
ill be purchasing mine tomorrow i believe.. according to him it should be here by mid week next week for the test fit.. if all goes well i can still arrange the group buy, or i can pass along the info so someone else can.. after all.. mine will already be installed :cool:

Velvis
05/31/2007, 11:58 PM
I'm in if the pix clicker says it FITS and Bob Barker says the Price is Right. Hell, I'm in if I can find my good scissors.

cyronman
06/01/2007, 12:14 AM
the reason i want it is that i dont really like the look of a bra.. but want the protection of it, so during long trips (once every 2-3 weeks for me) i can slap it on to protect and during offroad outings as well

For ~$50/60, hopefully less...and for the same purpose you mention, I would most likely get one.

1CROSS
06/01/2007, 12:34 AM
I'm surprised it took this long for someone here to look into the magnet bra.I posted about this over three years ago.I had the bra material shipped to me in a large piece and cut the shape out and sent it back for them to make their template.I wanted enough material to cover past the headlights.The trim is like a black windlace material from the interior of cars.Trimming is easily done with scissors if needed.They told me that being the Vehicross is such a limited vehicle they couldn't find a hood to make a their own template there.No problem though.One nice investment for the money.

Bimati
06/01/2007, 06:06 AM
Hey, yo....even though I just sprayed on a bedliner bra, I would be interested in having one of these on hand for my next/other vx.....keep me posted, and if a group buy pops up, PM me.

Bim

JHarris1385
06/01/2007, 07:53 AM
Im down for a group buy especially if they come with a piece for the fenders.....

etlsport
06/01/2007, 07:58 AM
mine is ordered. should be here mid week next week so i will let ya'll know how it fits and get lots of photos

IndianaVX
06/01/2007, 10:29 AM
I would say that is an awsome price, and yeah, i would be wanting some extra material for the sides.

I am curious though, does the back of the mag. bra have any "felty, or soft" backing to it? or is it just bare magnet sheet??? hmmm....im sure if it didnt, i could come up with something. im not trying to tear down the product....i think its a great idea, and product. just wouldnt want to scratch the paint trying to adjust the bra's "fit" when putting it on......im sure you will address this isssue when you get yours.
im starting to wonder if i ever did own a vx, i keep pinching myself, and the bank keeps sending me bills for one, but i havent drove it for over 2 months, but this would be on my list as first thing to do when i do get it back.

Bim, now you can use the magnet bra, so your spray on bra wont get any chips.... :)

david

nfpgasmask
06/01/2007, 11:39 AM
Let us know, Etl. If it fits good, I'm down for one also. I have so many rock chips and it would be nice to avoid getting more.

Bart

Y33TREKker
06/01/2007, 01:05 PM
I am curious though, does the back of the mag. bra have any "felty, or soft" backing to it? or is it just bare magnet sheet???

I'd also be interested to know the type of material used. In that picture, what is the border on the leading edge made of, and would that be part of this product, or was that a picture of someone elses personal project?

1CROSS
06/01/2007, 07:16 PM
It is the same magnetic material that is used for the signs that are placed on their car doors.The trim is like the windlace on the interior trim along the doors.

Y33TREKker
06/01/2007, 07:47 PM
It is the same magnetic material that is used for the signs that are placed on their car doors.The trim is like the windlace on the interior trim along the doors.

Is the trim piece necessary, ie; does it secure the bra by clipping under the leading edge of the hood, and/or disguise what would be an otherwise unappealing cut of the magnetic material?

1CROSS
06/02/2007, 07:22 AM
Being it's a long magnetic sheet it would probably just lay in place.You might be able to use it without the trim.The trim is a piece of flexible plastic to keep the air from trying to lift it up at highway speed.

tysamigo
06/02/2007, 07:22 AM
I am also a bit concerned about it scratching the paint underneath. If it works to where the paint is not affected and/or the bra does not shift during highway driving or bumpy/off-road, then...

I'm down for purchasing one in a group buy.

This LOOKS awesome!! Great find!

:)

I'll just wait to hear how yours goes first then decide with the others on the group buy.

1CROSS
06/02/2007, 07:27 AM
There's no way of the paint getting scratched underneath because the magnetic material just lays there.It doesn't flap around like a normal bra does at highway speeds.

etlsport
06/02/2007, 08:03 AM
yeah there is a guarantee on their website.....

In addition to our 30-day unconditional satisfaction guarantee, Monsoon Products Co. guarantees for a period of one year that the magnetic car bra will not damage your paint through oxidation caused by trapped moisture, or abrasion caused by flutter or flapping. The guarantee does not cover damage caused by intentional misuse or failing to follow the instructions on installation, maintenance and care.

i asked him about maintenance.. he said once a month to remove it and wipe down with water under the bra and that was it

i have a good feeling about this... and even if it doesnt work out like i hope... the amazing customer service this guy offers is worth the money i spent on the bra... ive sent him about 6 emails... including a couple at 10pm or later... i dont think ive gone more than 4 hours without getting a response from him.. i placed my order, within 3 hours of sending my payment, he emailed back saying to expect the bra in 3-4 days

Spike
06/02/2007, 09:44 AM
i asked him about maintenance.. he said once a month to remove it and wipe down with water under the bra and that was it

With the way my car gets bombed by birds and ash tree seeds... Might be more often than that! :rolleyes:

ive sent him about 6 emails... including a couple at 10pm or later... i dont think ive gone more than 4 hours without getting a response from him.. i placed my order, within 3 hours of sending my payment, he emailed back saying to expect the bra in 3-4 days

Sounds like he is tethered to his Treo or BlackBerry ... he was probably out to dinner at that point in time... :p

tysamigo
06/02/2007, 09:46 AM
ETL,

Great! Sounds good to me. Count me IN on a group buy. Let me know how to proceed when everyone else is ready.

So far I am now on a group buy for this item and the clear front side lenses.

Thanks !!

k4tmc
06/02/2007, 10:50 AM
Looks great! I would also be interested in the group buy package.

Wonder if he can do them in colors to match the paint? :cool:

Henry

1CROSS
06/02/2007, 10:57 AM
I bought a magnet bra for my GF's 2000 Echo,her sons fiance's Camry with no problems.The Echo got totaled though.She bought another 2003 Echo and put another magnet bra on.The only one thing that you have to be careful with when using this bra.If you just had your hood painted,wait for about 6 months so that the chemicals in the paint will evaporate completely.Put a good coat of wax on.You're then ready to put the bra on.Roll it out out in the sun so it's alot more flexible and easy to work with(DON'T BEND IT).Lay it out on the hood and smooth out any air bubbles.If it needs trimmed any you can use an ex-acto knife and trim it on the hood.That way you get an exact fit.Be careful not to dig into the edge of you hood when doing this.Put your trim on if you want sit back crack open a beer and enjoy the new look.

etlsport
06/02/2007, 02:04 PM
you can order them in white or black.. i think i remember seeing their "new" material is paintable, but they dont do it as far as i know

Scott Harness
06/02/2007, 04:13 PM
I'm in if they look as good in person as in the photo. Let us know what you think when you get yours.

VXIRONwoMAN
06/02/2007, 08:38 PM
I am interested....hmmmmm decisions decisions.....

tomdietrying
06/02/2007, 08:53 PM
Yep......I'm really interested. Tell me your opinion when you get yours and if you love it............I'm in!
Thanks for doing the leg work on this.
OPeace.
Tom

TexVeX
06/03/2007, 02:58 PM
That's the first Vehicross bra other than the spray on that I have liked the look of. I may be interested. Even though mine is black and the bra will barely show, I still want to see pics of it from the same front view as shown, but from farther away. Then I will decide for sure. Then if I decide to get it I will probably have to wait on money as usual. heheh

etlsport
06/04/2007, 07:20 AM
im liking this company more and more.. the bra arrived today already... i ordered friday

my initial impressions... the U channel is deeper than it looks on the site, i think it will be a pretty good security feature..

the material is pretty heavy duty.. feels lilke itll be good protection... no felt backing or anything, im not sure what the material is, but its not just a magnet laying on the VX, also theres a disclaimer on the instructions saying that these have been around for 30 years and will not damage the paint etc etc...

its OK to wax/buff the bra with the rest of the car.. before you install you are supposed to wax the hood though.. so it doesnt look like ill get to install this before tomorrow since my g/f has the VX today (ive got her windshield wipers in my shop drying after painting yesterday) plus its raining

the way they are held on, i dont think it would be possible to do the sides without them flying off

so far this is looking like an awesome investment

tom4bren
06/04/2007, 07:33 AM
You can mark down one more for the group buy. I'll keep an eye on this thread for the when & how.

cyronman
06/04/2007, 07:39 AM
Have you seen one in white? any pics?
I'm wondering how close of a match it would be with the Victory...

you can order them in white or black.. i think i remember seeing their "new" material is paintable, but they dont do it as far as i know

Lizardmen3477
06/04/2007, 07:48 AM
I am deff in for one it if fits.

etlsport
06/04/2007, 07:54 AM
http://www.magnetbra.com/img/Max-white.jpg

thats all ive got

cyronman
06/04/2007, 10:53 AM
sweet.
that looks good enough for road trips.

then again, black goes with everything...

Thanks, Sport

etlsport
06/04/2007, 05:42 PM
ok.. so who ACTUALLY thought id be able to wait til tomorrow to try the thing on? :rolleyes: you were WRONG no way i was gonna be able to wait.. haha my girlfriend brought the VX home, i ran out, gave her a quick kiss and almost knocked her over tryin to get to the hood release so i could put it on... at first i was like OH NO cause there were lots of air bubbles and a generally awful fit... then i stopped worrying about overhang in the front because the instructions say its okay to roll it around then use the trim to hold it... which i did.. and before i knew it.. presto.. it fit wonderfully.. only complaint i have is that the trim piece they provide was like 1" too short, it makes it kinda difficult to finish it, and you cant really cut corners because if you do the trim will hit other body panels.. take note around the headlight area, i dont have headlight gaskets, those who do will have to take extra care to get it put on nice and tight to not interfere with them
overall impressions

i like the finish.. very nice satin finish
looks very smooth, only rough spots on mine are over two rock chips that started to rust and i havent had time to touch up, so they bubbled a bit, you can see those pushing through the bra
it sits nice and firmly, doesnt slide around, while trying to adjust for a good fit, i couldnt slide the bra around without taking about 60% of it up first
it wiped clean with just a microfiber cloth, no more finger prints or dirt (threw some on and wiped it off to see LOL
if someone really wants it.. they can take it... but it will be a pain
really easy to take off once the hood is popped.. the second time i put it on, it took me about 5 minutes, so its possible you could take it off and put it back on only for road trips/offroading, just remember you need to wax the hood before you put it on.. any other questions just ask, anyone interested in the group buy please send me a pm with your email address and i will send email updates about progress.. overall i would give the bra a B+/A- simply because of the trim piece length being short, other than that i have no complaints at all.. worth the money for sure even before ive given it the road test

all the photos can be seen here....
http://community.webshots.com/album/559314718WjQMzn
...and here are the highlights
http://inlinethumb27.webshots.com/3866/2684619100055089508S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/4317/2767521790055089508S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb40.webshots.com/3175/2425519150055089508S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/6600/2812970820055089508S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/5130/2415371680055089508S600x600Q85.jpg

with a longer trim piece (which i will request) the part above the passenger headlight will not stick up

Lizardmen3477
06/04/2007, 06:06 PM
I am in on group let me no when and where and how ? LOL

VXIRONwoMAN
06/04/2007, 06:07 PM
Yep me likey! I want one in black and one in white! Let me know when you are putting the group order in.

tysamigo
06/04/2007, 06:57 PM
I'm down. Count me in on a group buy. I'm sending you a PM now.

Just thinking ahead...do you think these will be available for some time from now? I'm finding that VX parts are getting harder to find and just in case (knock on wood) that I get into an accident I certainly would want to replace this. Would you think they will be available for at least a couple of years?

I'm definitely down for one!

Thanks

etlsport
06/04/2007, 06:59 PM
yea i think they will be around.. the guy mentioned he had been in business for 30 years... and when i emailed him he told me that it had been like 2 years since he made one for the VX but still had a pattern for it, so i feel pretty good that they will be readily available for at least a few more years

djkymar
06/04/2007, 08:02 PM
looks pretty good. I wonder how it would be looking in white on Ironman or should i get black ugh i dont know but im deffintly in for 1

Ldub
06/04/2007, 08:12 PM
That looks very good.

Spike
06/05/2007, 01:35 AM
Eric, when we getting together again? I wanna see this thing up close :_drool: ... maybe even try it on... :naughty:

Okay, ;eekb; that just sounds weird :right: - one guy asking another guy to try his bra on...:mbrasd: ROFL

:jump:

PHO2GR4
06/05/2007, 02:33 AM
No, what's weird is when you try to get him to take his bra OFF. :p

etlsport
06/05/2007, 02:56 AM
well i do have like 10 new cigars burning a hole in my humidor :rolleyes: pun intended...

i tell you, after a joke like that its a wonder i still have friends..... anyway busy week this week... got a couple day gig in the city thats keepin me busy at the moment... finals next week... but then ive got a week of nothingness that will probably entail modding... we should put together another meet.. also that way anyone in on a group buy could pick their bras up to save on shipping

Ldub
06/05/2007, 05:06 AM
well i do have like 10 new cigars burning a hole in my humidor

Didn't the tobacconist tell you...you aren't supposed to light them until you take them OUT of the humidor ??? :rolleyes: :p

VCrossfan
06/05/2007, 05:39 AM
Nice info etlsport...I'm in for one...

Spike
06/05/2007, 07:25 AM
well i do have like 10 new cigars burning a hole in my humidor :rolleyes: pun intended...

i tell you, after a joke like that its a wonder i still have friends..... anyway busy week this week... got a couple day gig in the city thats keepin me busy at the moment... finals next week... but then ive got a week of nothingness that will probably entail modding... we should put together another meet.. also that way anyone in on a group buy could pick their bras up to save on shipping

Is that a Cigar in your humidor? Or are you just happy to see me?

Speaking of... you ever get out to Edgmont for those CAO eXtremes?

Uhm, dude, the idea of me SEEING the bra is to do so before the group buy ends, so I know if I want one! ROFL heheheh

WormGod
06/05/2007, 08:00 AM
I would prefer one of these on my VX....

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2006/10/11/fantasy-bra.jpg

nfpgasmask
06/05/2007, 08:17 AM
Wow, it does looks good. How much again? $60?

Bart

PHO2GR4
06/05/2007, 09:30 AM
That chick above is worth a LOT more than $60, Bart.

Probably closer to $60 every 15 minutes.

What am I saying! You're from Reno...you already know that!

:o

etlsport
06/05/2007, 06:47 PM
ok so far people in on the group buy i have....

current as of 6:56pm EST june 6
pghachey (1 black)
vxironwoman (1 black)
Tysamigo (1 black)
Lizardmen3477 (1 black)
tom4bren (1 black)
Scott Harness (1 black)
Vcrossfan (1 black)
djkymar (1 black)
tomdietrying (1 black)
indianavx (1 black)
joe isuzu (1 black)
y33trekker (1 black)
texvex (1 black)
nocturnalvx (1 black)
Hiss (1 Black)
k4tmc (1 Black)
Raz (1 Black)

did i miss anyone or get anyones color wrong? we should get this order put in fairly soon so that interest is not lost and we dont make bob at magnetbra.com wait too long, hes a real stand up guy, im eager to send more business his way, 1cross has had nothing but good things to say about him as well (btw... thanks for cutting the original pattern!)

as of now the price is still 50+10 shipping but the more we get all at once, the more likely it is that we will get a discount

i was thinking for shipping reasons it might be worth having someone on the west coast receive the shipment for orders on that side of the country and i could get the ones for this side of the country.. might save on some shipping costs, not sure how the $ would work though, just a thought, if anyone wants to try it shoot me an email or pm and we can figure that out

tomdietrying
06/05/2007, 06:58 PM
Put me in for one too!
Peace.
Tom

IndianaVX
06/05/2007, 07:25 PM
im in for one also.......... black
thanks
david

djkymar
06/05/2007, 07:29 PM
okay i decide on mine i want black. Black always work with everything.
Thanks

Joe Isuzu
06/05/2007, 07:48 PM
Please put me down for 1 black one as well
Thank you for offering to do the legwork on this

VXIRONwoMAN
06/05/2007, 08:12 PM
For now, put me down for one black one and i will let you know if i want one more...Thanks!

Cece

Spike
06/05/2007, 08:25 PM
Darn, I was hoping SOMEONE would order white... so I could see one... ROFL

Y33TREKker
06/05/2007, 09:04 PM
Okay, ;eekb; that just sounds weird :right: - one guy asking another guy to try his bra on...:mbrasd: ROFL

So what's it going to be....bro....or manziere? :p

This just looks too good to pass up.

1 in Black please. Thanx.

Spike
06/05/2007, 09:38 PM
I would prefer one of these on my VX....

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2006/10/11/fantasy-bra.jpg

What? We already have a pic of Cece posing on top of her VX.

She's pretty AND owns a VX AND has a personality AND owns a VX...

VXIRONwoMAN
06/05/2007, 10:46 PM
What? We already have a pic of Cece posing on top of her VX.

She's pretty AND owns a VX AND has a personality AND owns a VX...
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/CC_079.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/CC_079.jpg)

I will take the roof over the hood any day!!! lol and the dress only comes in black! tee hee!

Spike
06/05/2007, 10:59 PM
It's a good thing you weigh less than 110 lbs ;)

Oh, and did I mention, AND own a VX?

TexVeX
06/06/2007, 10:24 AM
Just now got on to see the pics. Wow! That black magnetic bra looks awesome on the kaiser silver. I am sure that if it does not blend in perfectly with my black (but I expect it will) then it will still look great.
Put me down for one in black.

Y33TREKker, cool Seinfeld reference. I vote for bro. I think from now on I'll call bras on men's vehicles a bro rather than a bra. heheh

BeeVenom
06/06/2007, 04:30 PM
I've used the 3-M clear paint-protection film on my truck since i kept getting so many road chips. It drove me crazy. The clear film goes on easily and so far i am extremely pleased with it. Just purchased some more to do my proton VX and am expecting great things. I am afraid of rubbing and chafing of the paint with a bra. I can let you know how the clear film works after i live with it on the VX for a while. I will tell you that is it is nearly undetectable and does not change the color of the paint in any way.
Scott

Y33TREKker
06/06/2007, 06:39 PM
A few members here have used the 3M Clear on their VX's in the past too. No doubt it works well, just a bit more spendier than this option.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=7922&highlight=3m

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=3951&highlight=3m

Bieredalsace
06/07/2007, 07:43 AM
I just found a website that sells the Vehicross vinyl bra for $119+ free shipping. They claim it's made by the same company that originally thought up bras in the first place..Colgan.
Webcovers.com

k4tmc
06/07/2007, 07:39 PM
Looks like everyone is getting theirs in black. I really want a Proton yellow :cool: , but if that is not available, then put me down for a black one also. Maybe I can re-paint it Proton.

Can I pay via PayPal?

Henry

etlsport
06/07/2007, 07:51 PM
yea paypal will be the preferred method of payment... after talking to bob i think the way we figured out to do it best is i will buy 20-25 units from him.. and then i will sell them out of my house from there, i beleive he still wants to change the pattern a bit because there is about 1/4" overhang on the front, so im going to be sending him some photos in the morning of the overhang.. i was thinking it would be nice if a local VXer could swing by his place and have him test fit one on their vx.. shouldnt take long.. if he doesnt offer a discount for someone who does that, i will cut the final price in half for anyone who does it. he is located in Beaverton, OR send me a pm and we can work out the details

RAZ
06/07/2007, 08:14 PM
I'll take a black one

THANKS STEVE

JGeorge264
06/07/2007, 09:59 PM
I work in Beaverton Oregon so I'm sure I could stop by there for a test fit. Not sure if I'm interested in buying one, but I'd be willing to let him fit it anyway. Let me know where and a contact number and I can set something up if ya want.

JGeorge264
06/09/2007, 07:00 PM
I met with Bob from magnet bra's today. A real nice fella! He had my baby for a couple hours making a new template and sent me home with a fancy new bra ~ for free. :) He suggested instead of doing a group buy he would just offer a discount to members of the forum. That way the person who does the organizing of the buy doesn't have to have them shipped to him and then turn around and ship them back out to the individuals.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/stubby_bra_011.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/stubby_bra_011.JPG)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/521/thumbs/stubby_bra_010.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/521/stubby_bra_010.JPG)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/521/thumbs/stubby_bra_009.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/521/stubby_bra_009.JPG) http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/521/thumbs/stubby_bra_012.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/521/stubby_bra_012.JPG)

Etlsport - Bob asked me to tell you he is sending you another bra. He feels his template was off on the first one.

I asked him about fitting pieces for the sides by the lights but he didn't feel it would work well since there isn't any place to attach it. He thinks it would either fly off while driving or get stolen right away.
As far as painting goes, it can be done but they require more care if they are painted. Something about the paint shrinking when it cures so it might bunch up a little bit. (a female interpretation of male chatter so I could be off on that one.)
Anyway - it looks great!
Jody

cyronman
06/09/2007, 08:03 PM
He suggested instead of doing a group buy he would just offer a discount to members of the forum. That way the person who does the organizing of the buy doesn't have to have them shipped to him and then turn around and ship them back out to the individuals.

Anyway - it looks great!
Jody

They do look great.

ETLSPORT-let us know the ordering details when it is all figured out...I'm in for a black one as well.
Thanks,
and thanks to JGeorge.

Kenny
06/10/2007, 06:41 AM
ok so far people in on the group buy i have....

current as of 6:56pm EST june 6
pghachey (1 black)
vxironwoman (1 black)
Tysamigo (1 black)
Lizardmen3477 (1 black)
tom4bren (1 black)
Scott Harness (1 black)
Vcrossfan (1 black)
djkymar (1 black)
tomdietrying (1 black)
indianavx (1 black)
joe isuzu (1 black)
y33trekker (1 black)
texvex (1 black)
nocturnalvx (1 black)
Hiss (1 Black)
k4tmc (1 Black)
Raz (1 Black)

... I'm in too (1 black). - just let me know how the ordering process is going to work. Hopefully he can ship to Canada...

Again, thanks for the leg work.

etlsport
06/10/2007, 08:01 AM
awesome!! ill shoot him an email and get details on how to order and send out pms to everyone about how to do it as well as post it here

jody,

thanks for taking some time to go out and have your vx test fitted, im glad he gave you a free one too! bob definitely is a stand up guy, id be willing to pay double the price of the bra just for his customer service

Raque Thomas
06/10/2007, 09:25 AM
If it's not too late - put me down for a black one.

JHarris1385
06/10/2007, 09:32 AM
I dont think we need to tell anyone whos in anymore. Its not going to be a group buy as once stated. They are just going to give each of us a discount.

etlsport
06/10/2007, 08:31 PM
okie dokie! here we go new template is made and perfected and VX bras are ready to order!! Bob has graciously offered us the discounted price of $39.00 for the bra plus standard $10.95 shipping... total cost 49.95... AWESOME!!....

heres how to order...

go to www.magnetbra.com

click on "order a bra" from the left side menu

choose your payment method.. be sure if you send a check or money order to mention that you are a member of the vehicross.info group buy and specify the color you want

if you use paypal, enter $39 for the price, shipping will be tallied automatically, for the item description make sure to specify its an isuzu vehicross and the color you want, under messages specify that you are with the vehicross.info group buy

my bra arrived at my door 3 days after i placed my order, but with 20 or so orders chances are it will take a little longer.. kenny (or others out of the country) if there is any issue getting one shipped let me know and ill order and ship to you.. i dont think it will be an issue, but might want to shoot him an email before placing your order

Triathlete
06/10/2007, 09:27 PM
How long will the group buy price be good for? Is there a cut off date? I am 99.9% sure I will be ordering one.
Thanks for the effort Etl :thumbup:

Lizardmen3477
06/11/2007, 04:24 AM
I ordered mine this morning!!!!

etlsport
06/11/2007, 04:51 AM
i dont have a time frame for it unfortunately, so i would say the sooner you can order the better

golfr79
06/11/2007, 05:13 AM
Woo hoo! Ordered mine this am too!!!
Thanks to all for the legwork.

RAZ
06/11/2007, 09:48 AM
I ordered mine too!!!

tomdietrying
06/11/2007, 07:46 PM
I ordered two......can't for the weekend.
Peace.
Tom

VXIRONwoMAN
06/11/2007, 08:13 PM
I ordered one in black! i am so excited! Can't wait to see it!

PHO2GR4
06/11/2007, 11:24 PM
Ordered tonight.

This forum freakin' rocks.

johnnyapollo
06/12/2007, 03:07 AM
Been a while since I've bought something for my Proton - I ordered one this morning. Thanks for all your efforts in this group buy.

-- John

etlsport
06/12/2007, 08:50 AM
bob e-mailed me this morning about the great response hes gotten from vx owners, hasnt mentioned any issues either, so thanks for following all the directions well guys, looks good on me too!

he did mention that they order material based on their normal production and with this massive vx order, hes a little concerned about running out of material, he already has a new shipment on its way and should arrive in about 7 days, so don't be discouraged if your order doesn't arrive within 3 days like mine did, hes working hard to get everything out as soon as possible

JHarris1385
06/12/2007, 09:17 AM
As soon as someone with an IronMan gets one post a pic and I too will buy one.

Spike
06/12/2007, 09:25 AM
I went against the grain as usual, and ordered a white one.

Pics to follow...

(As forseeing an IronMan with a black bra, Maybe Etl will be nice enough to transfer his over to mine this Friday for a photo shoot)

djkymar
06/12/2007, 12:12 PM
i ordered mine on sunday rigth away so hopefully mine should be first in, i hope...

Ascinder
06/12/2007, 12:57 PM
As soon as someone with an IronMan gets one post a pic and I too will buy one.

You mean like the one on the first page of this post? :laughgray :D

I just ordered mine too. I wonder if I would be able to take it to a sign shop to have them print out an Ironman logo on it.

JHarris1385
06/12/2007, 01:05 PM
Yeah but the fit is off and i would like to see another angle.

etlsport
06/12/2007, 01:12 PM
i bet if you send an email to www.401graphics.com they could probably make up an ironman logo for you for a decent price, then they will have the pattern for it too so they are readily available

Ascinder
06/13/2007, 04:30 PM
I thought they had a way to print directly onto car magnets. Thats what I would be looking for. I would worry about a vinyl setup being able to curve around the edges and corners without peeling off. I'll check out the sign shop tomorrow and ask what their capabilities are.

etlsport
06/13/2007, 05:32 PM
yup, bob informed me today that he ran out of material, hes expecting the new shipment next friday, so expect bras to arrive the following week, hopefully some of them have been made and shipped already though

djkymar
06/13/2007, 08:14 PM
he better hav a couple of them send at least

djkymar
06/14/2007, 09:39 AM
mine came in today so im probly gonna put mine today if its not raining.

kodiak
06/14/2007, 01:35 PM
I got my bra in today! I just finished putting it on and it Looks great.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/DSC013142.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC013142.jpg)

Spike
06/14/2007, 01:47 PM
My white bra showed up... but the truck currently is covered in sawdust, as two HUMONGOUS trees are being cut down from our property.

FYI, the piece of trim that attaches to the bra, is ALSO white.

(I wonder if they would do a mix&match if someone wanted to...)

JHarris1385
06/14/2007, 02:00 PM
I like the mix match idea. White bra, keep it original, black trim.

etlsport
06/14/2007, 02:05 PM
ive got black trim on mine.. during the show tomorrow we could swap the trim to see what it would look like

VCrossfan
06/14/2007, 02:14 PM
Mine came in today..I'll install early next week...

Spike
06/14/2007, 06:51 PM
I got my bra in today! I just finished putting it on and it Looks great.

I cannot wait for the day when we have a post stating "I just took my bra off, and will post pictures soon!!!" (ladies only please)

djkymar
06/14/2007, 08:08 PM
got mine installed today. Its dark now but here is some temporary pics tomorrow i can do more quality and at day light.Only one thing my one end is longer so should i just cut it?

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC00114.JPG

here is how it looks, i like the look

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC00115.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC00116.JPG

Spike
06/14/2007, 08:11 PM
Only one thing my one end is longer so should i just cut it?

Well it is safe to say that just about all VX owners are a little off!!!

djkymar
06/14/2007, 08:30 PM
Spike,
true true

etlsport
06/14/2007, 08:46 PM
check to make sure its pushed nice and tight up against the edge of your hood, if you still have extra than go ahead and chop it off

VXIRONwoMAN
06/14/2007, 10:13 PM
I got my bra today!! Hooray!! I don't know if i should put it on my Ironman or wait a month and put it on the Proton I intend to buy...decisions decisions... :rolleyes:

etlsport
06/15/2007, 03:49 AM
lol.. installation is pretty easy, you could put it on the ironman then take it off in a month and put it on the proton

just a warning to everyone getting them in the mail..

make sure you do not try to unroll the bra while its cold, the material WILL crack!

VXIRONwoMAN
06/15/2007, 08:31 AM
lol.. installation is pretty easy, you could put it on the ironman then take it off in a month and put it on the proton

just a warning to everyone getting them in the mail..

make sure you do not try to unroll the bra while its cold, the material WILL crack!

Thanks for the warning!...It is 105 degrees outside...I think it should be warm enough...lol...that is if i put it outside for a bit.

Spike
06/15/2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the warning!...It is 105 degrees outside...I think it should be warm enough...lol...that is if i put it outside for a bit.

Nice, it's 74 and party sunny here today... with a 100% chance of saw dust

Pghachey
06/15/2007, 09:33 PM
:p Finally got mine on order. I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks, but it looks Great! Thanks again for finding this product and sharing. Awesome!

etlsport
06/16/2007, 05:25 PM
met up with spike yesterday, we installed a white bra on his ironman.. the white doesnt match, its much whiter than the victory white paint, at first i thought it almost made the victory white paint look yellowed at first.. after a little bit, it started growing on me, and after an hour or so, i didnt even notice the bra on it.... but it gets dirty really easily

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/photos_060.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/photos_060.jpg)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/photos_061.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/photos_061.jpg)

vxsruletheworld
06/16/2007, 08:46 PM
Thosse of you interested in these, be careful - DON'T leave them on all the time. Eventually very fine dirt works it's way under magnetic signs, and rubs at your paint. This is not good - I'm speakinig from experience.

tysamigo
06/17/2007, 01:03 AM
Uh oh. Are they easy enough to remove and reinstall each time I wash the truck (about every 1-2 weeks for me)?

cyronman
06/17/2007, 02:19 AM
.. the white doesnt match, its much whiter than the victory white paint, .... it gets dirty really easily

that's what I was afraid of

johnnyapollo
06/17/2007, 05:40 AM
Got mine today - I'll go on after the next cleaning and wax.

-- John

etlsport
06/17/2007, 08:55 AM
jody pm'd me yesterday and informed me that dirt found its way under the magnetic bra on her vx and that the dirt had rubbed on the paint :( i just went out and took my bra off to see how it looked underneath (LOL) you could see the pattern of the magnet on the hood very faintly from certain angles, just using some spray on detailer and a soft cloth it came right off...

moral of the story, when you install the bra, make sure its warm enough out that you get a near perfect fit, dont want any air bubbles, make sure you clean the you know what out of your hood and bra before putting it on and its not very difficult to take off and reinstall, so for some extra insurance make sure to take the bra off every so often and wash underneath it, bob recommends every month, i will probably clean under mine every 2-3 weeks because i park under a tree that drops all kinds of crap on my vx

yes the bra is easy to take off and put back on (although i have no idea why someone would put a bra on after taking it off :eek: ) once the bra has been installed once, it kind of forms to the hood, so its very easy to get it lined up again

JGeorge264
06/17/2007, 12:22 PM
The problem with mine wasn't from dirt, water got underneath it and spread under the whole thing. Bob had installed it when he made it (he waxed the hood first) but he had one small area that kept popping up. We though he got it to lay flat but it must have popped up again at some point and let some rain in. There don't appear to be scratches from it but it affected the clear coat leaving a weird shadowing. We took rubbing compound and tried to buff it out but it didn't go away. Needless to say - I took my bra off (:winkp:) and don't know if I'll put it back on. I probably should have taken it off the day Bob installed it and waited for a good hot day to put it back on. Make sure to check yours often and keep it clean and dry underneath. Hopefully this was just a fluke thing and you'res will all be fine.

Jody

etlsport
06/17/2007, 12:35 PM
next time it rains im gonna put my bra to the test to see how it holds up.. i think itll do just fine though with a nice flat installation

well see how it holds up to this and ill post pics

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/muddin.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/muddin.jpg)

IndianaVX
06/17/2007, 07:06 PM
hey all,
I dont want to hijack, and didnt feel this was worthy of its own thread, but with this new bra reading this has been making me think......i havent ordered mine yet, but im thinking that i will not always have the bra on, and so, im gonna need a way to store it, keep it clean, and KEEP IT FLAT!!! so again, i dont have mine yet so i dont know the design completlely, but i use alot of plastic laminates, or formica, you know, like kitchen countertops.....and cutting me a piece, what??, 18 inches wide by 4 feet?? and glueing it (the laminate), to a same sized piece of steel the same dimensions. and again steel/laminate to like a piece of 3/8 plywood? (again, just thinking out loud to get everyone thinking) anyway, with this set up being about 3/4 thick, if that.

with the laminate, which can be cleaned, waxed, etc for the bra to stick to, it would be flat with the plywood/ steel sheet combination, and a couple of holes in the top, so that it could be hung on a wall or someting.
just dont know how it would lay on theere, or what would be done with the leading edge..... or if you would just let that hang over the plywood, you guys have em, i dont YET...lol....

again I dont mean to hijack, i just know i, and everyone else is gonna need to find a storage solution......throwin em in back like the vinyl bras aint gonna cut it. i will keep working on it, and maybe this is over complicating things, but thats just what i usually do.

maybe start a new thread, if you come up with some solutions, or pics, and we can keep this thread on topic, i guess.

again thanks for the legwork, i dont have mine yet cause the girls were wanting to get me one for fathers day...........isnt that cool.

david

JGeorge264
06/17/2007, 09:38 PM
When Bob gave me mine, he also gave me a rectangular box to store it in. He says just roll it up, put it in the box and then when you are ready to use it lay it out flat in a warm room for a bit and it will be fine. I believe it's the same box he ships them in.

etlsport
06/26/2007, 10:13 PM
after about 1000 miles.. my bra is still on looking nice, no signs of damage to the paint, im very pleased

instructions that come with the bra state to store it rolled in its original box, so thats what i'll be doing

Bob e-mailed me today, all orders have now been shipped out, so expect them in the next day or two.. anyone else wanting to order one should do it within the next couple days, bob will be going on vacation this week and not returning until late july, he will be filling orders through the end of the week then 2 week hiatus so get your order in if you are still interested!

TexVeX
06/27/2007, 12:07 PM
Shoot. I wont have time to get my money into my paypal account before then. Will he still give us the discount price when he comes back from the trip?

dynofan
06/27/2007, 08:19 PM
Was thinking of putting it on today; but I was in a hurry and I wanted to read directions carefully. It appears that heat is critical to a successful application. Has anyone thought about using a hair dryer? Maybe for the corners that stick up?

Ascinder
06/28/2007, 10:53 AM
I used a heatgun on mine, but I think a powerful hairdryer would do just fine. I only really needed heat on the edges which are bent around the sides anyways. There was a spot or two that raised on the very front edge, but after spending the afternoon in the :flame: hot :flame: nevada sun they have since disappeared. I was actually very surprised at just how effortlessly this went on. It looks fantastic too. I really need to bedliner my insert though, the faded grey look with the multitude of water spots(which absolutely won't come off) really stands out against the jet black bra.

tom4bren
07/02/2007, 07:58 AM
I keep getting bubbles under mine. They may have started with water but they are dry when I take it off. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

nfpgasmask
07/02/2007, 08:28 AM
So this past weekend I saw Ascinder's magnetic bra. I was on the fence about it until then. It looks really good and looks like it will really help deflect the asteroid belt out here. So I think need one now...

Bart

etlsport
07/02/2007, 09:15 AM
chances are the bubbles are coming from when you put the trim around the bottom... i noticed when installing spike's that when we would push the trim on, it would bunch the bottom of the bra up some and cause bubbles.. if you can get a second person to help you install it, have them hold the bra flat while you put the trim on, other than that, try to install it after you have been driving for a little while so your hood is nice and warm, that will help the bra mold to your hood

just a friendly reminder.... wax your hood before installation! i would recommend using a "real" wax (as opposed to ice or another liquid synthetic wax) to help protect the hood in the event of a small bit of water or dust getting under the bra

tom4bren
07/02/2007, 02:02 PM
I noticed the bra bunching when I put the trim on but I thought I had gotten it all flat.

Let's see - who don't I like - it was pushing 100 degrees when I put it on so the bra was probably about 160 degrees - blisters anyone.

ETLSPORT - I'll be up your way this weekend to visit the Franklin Institute for the King Tut exhibit. Unfortunately I won't be driving the VX (too many people, so driving the TLC). One day I'll get it up there with it so we can compare notes.

etlsport
07/02/2007, 02:12 PM
cool tom, if u get some free time let me know.. maybe ill be able to stop by and show ya around the city and the VX, spike is around usually too so maybe he can come too

etlsport
07/02/2007, 02:16 PM
doh! just realized ill be down your way(ish) in va this weekend lol.. go figure, ill be around philly on friday though if u are up here then let me know

kelvin
07/02/2007, 03:15 PM
Just incase any of you care to know: My co-worker has one of these magnetic bras on his mitz. eclipse. His bra is about 5 years old and has 2 silver dollar sized warp bubbles. He doesn't store it with care and it shows no cracks and has not left any scuffs on the paint that i can see. He loves his. Just so people have an idea of how theirs will last...

Pghachey
07/02/2007, 06:53 PM
I got mine friday afternoon, really surprised it came so fast after he apparently just got some new material in. Awesome turnaround! I waited until I had a chance to warm up the bra Saturday afternoon (left it in the front window under hot sun for an hour or so), then drove around for about 20 minutes to warm up the hood real good. It went on real easy but took awhile to get it centered and the very bottom about an 1/8" from the edge of the hood. The instructions tell/show you to leave a little space around the edge and if you don't you will get a couple of bubbles (I did initially) at the bottom when you put the edging on. But I was amazed how easy it was to push these up and away from the bottom after you wax it good (which I had done before I even started per instructions). Thanks again Etl ! Awesome product! :cool:

tom4bren
07/03/2007, 09:25 AM
doh! just realized ill be down your way(ish) in va this weekend lol.. go figure, ill be around philly on friday though if u are up here then let me know

I'm in court on Friday morning & then OTR. We'll hook up sooner or later.

VXIRONwoMAN
08/03/2007, 06:53 PM
Here are some photos of my bra on the Proton!!! YAY! I am excited!!! My first mod on the Proton! ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_4740.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_4740.JPG)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_4744.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_4744.JPG)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_4742.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_4742.JPG)

Spike
08/03/2007, 10:09 PM
Not the bra I was expecting to see on your truck, rofl!

Phantom
08/04/2007, 01:30 PM
I have had this little gem on my truck about a month now and let me tell you, it's great! It looks great and is almost invisible from a distance. I have also had it off and on in between washes and it is a snap to (literaly) peel off and slap back on! plus i can just take a rag to the bug guts and scrub em off without worrying about the paint. One thing though, the trim piece that holds it on comes about two inches too long but thats nothing a pair of good scissors can't take care of! Best 60 bucks ive spent on my truck so far (besides filling her up :( ) !!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/thumbs/HPIM0006_1_.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/HPIM0006_1_.jpg)

etlsport
08/04/2007, 06:30 PM
be careful when you cut the trim piece, it has aluminum clips inside the rubber, so it will do a number on your scissors.. i would use a good pair of garden shears or something like that to make sure you get though it clean

fuzzy
08/13/2007, 12:33 PM
Just confirmed from Bob:

Hello:

Yes, I can continue the discount. Thanks.

Bob Lefevre
http://www.magnetbra.com (http://www.magnetbra.com/)

On Aug 13, 2007, at 7:42 AM, Wells David wrote:

Hi.

There was a question on the www.vehicross.info (http://www.vehicross.info/) forums about whether members could still get a discount on your magnetic bras. What do you say?

Thanks,

Fuzzy.

p_justin13
03/09/2010, 04:20 PM
Is it to late to get one of these, are they even being made, and or is there anywhere to buy on of these period?

Mile High VX
03/09/2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.magnetbra.com/models.html

Enjoy...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

tom4bren
03/09/2010, 06:10 PM
IIRC, if you mention the forum, he ships for free.

handeeman
03/10/2010, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know if they make these for racks ? If ya have a nice rack, a magnetic bra sounds practical....I mean like a "Yakomygosh" Rack. Prolly wouldn't need one if ya had a little "Thuley" rack tho.

VX KAT
03/10/2010, 02:11 PM
Does anyone know if they make these for racks ? If ya have a nice rack, a magnetic bra sounds practical....I mean like a "Yakomygosh" Rack. Prolly wouldn't need one if ya had a little "Thuley" rack tho.
Now I'm quite sure Handee's "not in" ......:slap:

SilverBullet75
03/10/2010, 03:55 PM
I think you can find a bra for a nice rack at Victoria Secret.

---yes... I had to be the one to say it.:yesgray:

Ldub
03/10/2010, 04:02 PM

Mr Silver, with all due respect, I agree.
But also wanna mention Fredericks of Hollywoo...:yesgray:

tom4bren
03/10/2010, 06:10 PM

Handito ... I'm startin ta wonder 'bout you son!!!

Ldub
03/10/2010, 06:35 PM
Handito ... I'm startin ta wonder 'bout you son!!!

It's been this long, & you're just startin'?...:laughing:

I been wonderi'n bout Handito since the beginning, but since I got to know him better...:_confused

KIdding Handito, yer awrite in Dubworld...:yes:

VX KAT
03/10/2010, 09:01 PM

---yes... I had to be the one to say it.:yesgray:

Oh gee, we got us another funny man! :rollo: great, get in line......

handeeman
03/11/2010, 01:04 PM
Ok in an effort to dispell any ?'s concerning my mental state, I thought I'd do the family a favor and go straight to the supplier. So I called Corporate Headquarters for Victoria's Secret.
I spoke with a Ms. Elaine Withers in product developement (wasn't going to mention it but I also asked her if there were any job openings). I explained that some of my family had large racks and some had smaller. Plus what I wanted to know was could we get a group buy on magnetic bras for racks. I told her that prolly only the VX'rs with "Yakomygosh" racks would want one and the little "Thuly" racks would prefer to go bra-less.
She hung up on me.....go figure.
Don't worry I'll try Fredricks when I have time.